Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 06:53 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why aren't they working?
i've heard that it is difficult to find employment these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 06:54 AM

608 posts, read 923,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
IMHO the best way to handle the bank and credit problem is to have everyone pay off their credit cards, car loans and mortgages (pay them off not default) and live on your income by limiting purchases to what you need not what you want.

How is that for a Leftist response to the Forever in Debt scam the banksters have pulled on the entire world?
The world must be coming to an end because you've posted something that makes sense, and I find myself in agreement with it!

Old 10-05-2011, 07:17 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I was really surprised when I heard this this afternoon since I had heard a list of their demands yesterday and it wasn't nearly as extensive and ridiculous as this list. Those college kids who are being used as useful idiots just as their kind have been done in the 20s, 30s and 60s appear to be less intelligent as they were in those days.

Idiotic Demands of the Wall Street Protestors - The Rush Limbaugh Show

To avoid even more about those kids scroll down two paragraphs to see their list and some discussion of how silly they really are.
They have Not made any list of demands, anyone claiming they have a list that represents the majority of protesters is a Liar. They are made up of a wide range of different groups and have no Leaders as we would define one and they are holding off on demands for good reasons. Sooooo, as usual the only Idiot is Good Old Rush and of-course his Ditttohead followers.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:20 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The problem with the youth of every generation is lack of real life experience. I am the first to admit that quantity never equates to quality.
a 50 year old bum is still a bum.
These jids. How many of them have had a successful career? How many of them actually ran a business, was a boss responsible for a number of people and assets?
How many of them have lived on their own without mom and dad supporting them for any real amount of time?
I had an economy major staying with me last year. Smartest person I ever met. But not a lick of common sense. Could not balance a checkbook or figure out how to budget himself. Could not teach him that you never count money before its in your pocket. Well if I work overtime or if I do this or that. Only problem is Overtime is always a maybe. Thats youth.
Young people are our future and they have energy to spare, they just lack real life experience.
You base your opinion of an entire generation on ONE person?????

That's silly.

How many want a successful career...probably all of them...so they want change.

How many want to run a business SUCCESSFULLY..probably some of them....so they want change.

How many are still living at home because they can't FIND jobs and have HUGE education debt....probably some.....so they want change.

A person does NOT need "life experience" if they can see what's going on in this country and have the idealism and hope to fight the establishment and right the wrongs.....

Too bad some people WITH life experience are content to sit on thie lazy arses and let this country flounder...

Old 10-05-2011, 07:22 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
What exactly is it that they want as a result of these protest? Do they know? Does anyone know?

Old 10-05-2011, 07:27 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Oh yeah, PS...and it is NOT the Fed nor the government that can, or has ever created jobs.
Oh snap, you mean that government job I had for decades and the paychecks, the building I went to, the work I did, the tangible products I created, they were all imaginary?

Old 10-05-2011, 07:28 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
What exactly is it that they want as a result of these protest? Do they know? Does anyone know?
i think the general theme is that the government needs to stop catering to wall street and the financial industry.

Photos: 'Occupy Wall Street' protests

Old 10-05-2011, 07:29 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I think there was an enumerated list posted on the first page which spelled out a few specific things.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:40 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,406 times
This party will die out as soon as their parents cut off their credit cards.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
i think the general theme is that the government needs to stop catering to wall street and the financial industry.

Photos: 'Occupy Wall Street' protests
To a Large part you are correct, the idea is they are trying to get people to open their eyes and then hopefully make some changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies