Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 11:34 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Most clueless post of the day for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 11:36 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
So you have been a government employee for most of your life. So much for working class hero
so you are saying what???...that government employees are not workingclass..or middleclass....

so YOU think what, that government employees are 'rich'????

I've worked at and OWNED a maintenance shop....

and yes NOW I am AGAIN a government employee...a DoD civilian

you have a problem with that????

Old 10-05-2011, 11:38 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
As a Liberal I am very disappointed that we have not left these countries or closed down that horror show in GITMO. I am pleased that we have not, as would have been very likely under the Republicans, invaded Iran, Syria, Egypt and Yemen as well as North Korea. That is a positive for the Obama administration. Oh, and not having 40% unemployment counts as well.
Eh, we're currently waging small-scale wars in Yemen, Libya, and Pakistan courtesy of that peacenik Obama.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:39 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I figured out the same about Vietnam while I was still there. I didn't bother protesting because I just wanted to suppress most of the memories.

There are three reasons for being in either Iraq or Afghanistan. One was to prevent the sale of oil in Euros and the other was to secure the pipeline routs to Asia. The third reason is to keep the government money flowing into the coffers of our military industries so they can supply manufacturing jobs and make huge profits. The first has been (temporarily) accomplished, the second never will and the third is the curse of our economy.

These wars are for big money and nothing else.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:40 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so you are saying what???...that government employees are not workingclass..or middleclass....

so YOU think what, that government employees are 'rich'????

I've worked at and OWNED a maintenance shop....

and yes NOW I am AGAIN a government employee...a DoD civilian

you have a problem with that????
I have never heard Republicans call a government worker a workingclass hero. Usually all I here is how inefficient, lazy, and incapable of getting a real job. I don't share those conclusions, but that seems to be the Republican general consensus. I personally don't care what you do or where you work.

I just find it hypocritical that so many people that are for cutting government are actually government employees themselves. It is very humerous.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:41 AM

760 posts, read 685,602 times
Quote:
I just find it hypocritical that so many people that are for cutting government are actually government employees themselves. It is very humerous.
I've noticed quite a bit of that as well.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:59 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Ultimately what really matters is what the people think of the war on terror. The people have as much to lose as the soldier, and the people are suppose to be in control when it is said and done.

And at this point while it might be nice that we are helping Afgan women go to school and stuff when they were not allowed before it doesn't fill a worthy reason to be there for 10 years and on. Afganistan is a back woods sort to speak country that is more territories and tribes than a country, we'll never make that a democracy free safe country.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:19 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
I
and there lays the problem

we are not against government...we are not against government workers

we are for the CONSTITUTIONAL small Limited govermnet

there is too much fraud, waste , and ABUSE in the government

I work for the department of the Army onder the DoD...if I am not doing my job as a civilian..then the actual SOLDIERS would have to do it

I work in a maintenance shop fixing the army tactical vehicles for the Reserves..they CANT do it with their 'one weekend a month"..therefore there is a NEED for us...and if it went private contract...I would STILL be the one hired

but there is lots of overreaching and cross departmenting waste within the government

Old 10-05-2011, 12:33 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:

I work for the department of the Army onder the DoD...if I am not doing my job as a civilian..then the actual SOLDIERS would have to do it

I work in a maintenance shop fixing the army tactical vehicles for the Reserves..they CANT do it with their 'one weekend a month"..therefore there is a NEED for us...and if it went private contract...I would STILL be the one hired

but there is lots of overreaching and cross departmenting waste within the government

I'm sure you feel a sense of patriotism and pride working for and helping the soldiers be safe and do their job but to keep sending them there and keep paying to fix their vehicles to a war that has no end goal in sight, at least not a realistic one hurts the country as a whole in the end. I'm all for tackling wasteful government, but that includes wasteful wars.

A few months ago I met a blackhawk pilot and his wife with a newborn. He was about to go on his 4th tour in A-stan leaving his family behind. It burns me that this happens to them and for what? If it was a clear mission over there I would understand, but it isn't anymore the way I am seeing it. Bring him home to his wife and baby I say.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:34 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:

Yes, very classical. I am against govt. spending unless I am actually receiving the govt. spending then it is justified.

I hope you are not on the govt. teat right now, are my tax dollars paying for you to get on CD. Yes, lots of fraud and waste, but not from you. Of course not

Typical hypocricy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies