Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:20 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So you're saying it's okay for Clinton to award no bid contracts, but not Bush? How does that work?
No, what I was questioning is the length of said contract. Was the contract for a specific incident (katrina cleanup), or a specific time period (war)? No I don't agree with any no-bid contracts from anyone, it smells like collusion and corruption on both parts. The reason that I mentioned Cheney is because of the article and the fact that he had a large stake in the company
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 08:24 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
No, what I was questioning is the length of said contract. Was the contract for a specific incident (katrina cleanup), or a specific time period (war)? No I don't agree with any no-bid contracts from anyone, it smells like collusion and corruption on both parts. The reason that I mentioned Cheney is because of the article and the fact that he had a large stake in the company
So why did Clinton give them a no bid contract? To enrich Cheney? Clinton and Cheney are co-conspirators?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:14 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
I have noticed that you did not mention anything about the faulty equipment, electrical showers or lack of basic things for Katrina victims supplied by Haliburton. BTW, It really does not matter who agreed with the lie but the originator of that same lie.
the problem is you are spinning this to be a 'certain person' or entity

the faulty showers was POOR CONSTRUCTION and maintenance by contractors under KBR..and they were FIRED due to the poor construction

poor performance happens all the time...and whe it does, it is corrected

and btw 'some' of the 'electrical shower' were CONUS (stateside) in 50 year old buildings

as to katrina..what did the state or mayor do......nothing....that's what

and why the SINGULAR hatred toward cheny and haliburton(kbr)????? haliburton made a TOTAL revenue of 18b..with only 2.5b coming from defese contract (((drillingand evaluation is their biggest money maker and its NOT a defense thing)))......... where is your 'points' against GE (one of americas BIGGEST defense contractors)(((GE’s revenues for 2010 included more than $3B in defense contracts. More than 25 times its earnings from domestic goods like washers and driers....more than haliburton too ))))...and who is a MAJORITY shareholder of GE with over 98236 share of stock......george soros

Last edited by workingclasshero; 10-07-2011 at 09:34 AM..

Old 10-07-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the problem is you are spinning this to be a 'certain person' or entity

the faulty showers was POOR CONSTRUCTION and maintenance by contractors under KBR..and they were FIRED due to the poor construction

poor performance happens all the time...and whe it does, it is corrected

and btw 'some' of the 'electrical shower' were CONUS (stateside) in 50 year old buildings

as to katrina..what did the state or mayor do......nothing....that's what

and why the SINGULAR hatred toward cheny and haliburton(kbr)????? haliburton made a TOTAL revenue of 18b..with only 2.5b coming from defese contract (((drillingand evaluation is their biggest money maker and its NOT a defense thing)))......... where is your 'points' against GE (one of americas BIGGEST defense contractors)(((GE’s revenues for 2010 included more than $3B in defense contracts. More than 25 times its earnings from domestic goods like washers and driers....more than haliburton too ))))...and who is a MAJORITY shareholder of GE with over 98236 share of stock......george soros
I still do not understand your defense of this crook, but the point is that as a sitting v.p he was being investigated for bribing a foreign goverment on behalf of a company he was supposely had no vested interest in. If this happened in 2001 why did'nt the American people know about this? If they did would Bush have been re-elected? Would the war have continued under Kerry? Would Katrina been handled better?

As far as my none-mentioning of GE, it is simple they did not have an elected offical that sat on their board of directors and profitted directly from his offical duties. Of course you knew this and was just playing with me right?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So why did Clinton give them a no bid contract? To enrich Cheney? Clinton and Cheney are co-conspirators?
Clinton got caught having sexual relations and Cheney got caught bribing a country! They could have been, politics and money make interesting bedfellows

Old 10-07-2011, 10:09 AM

416 posts, read 637,528 times
Quote:
Ok,

4. Proves that he has/had considerable influence over Haliburton while in the White house, possibly the reason for their many no-bid contracts

I am going to digress way off the OP's point here but....there were no 'no-bid contracts'

these contractors were under contract already and the existing contracts were modified. in many cases, the justification used was 'sole sourcing' because these contractors were already in position to offer their services (as they were already doing it....strange little loop)

this is just another fallacy and urban legend

but an interesting fact...many of the largest federal contractors today got their start building dams for the federal gov't back in the early to mid 1900's

Old 10-07-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehalo View Post
I am going to digress way off the OP's point here but....there were no 'no-bid contracts'

these contractors were under contract already and the existing contracts were modified. in many cases, the justification used was 'sole sourcing' because these contractors were already in position to offer their services (as they were already doing it....strange little loop)

this is just another fallacy and urban legend

but an interesting fact...many of the largest federal contractors today got their start building dams for the federal gov't back in the early to mid 1900's
Thanks for the info But that leads into this question, how did Haliburton get a contract in the first place when cheney can directly profit from them. Remember, cheney has had a hand in the top levels of politics for years even under Bush 1.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:47 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
So is Op wanting arrest warrants in the fast and furious scandal we can actaully do something about?I mean selling guns to drug cartels sounds illegal to me.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
So is Op wanting arrest warrants in the fast and furious scandal we can actaully do something about?I mean selling guns to drug cartels sounds illegal to me.
No, all that I wanted to know is why was'nt any of this mentioned Before the presidential race started, and how many other things did he do while in office.

Why does everytime a question regarding an individual who happens to be republican and was obviously wrong, bring up Obama or the democratic party?

For the record, I'm not trying to defend anyone or any party personally I can care less considering that I feel that the majority of them are all crooks anyway

Old 10-07-2011, 03:18 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Clinton got caught having sexual relations
What does that have to do with the no bid contracts Clinton gave Halliburton?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies