Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 07:55 PM

161 posts, read 385,434 times

Advertisements

Homophobes frequently refer to homosexuality as a mental disorder, despite there being no evidence to support that viewpoint. It is actually them, the homophobes who are mentally ill, often times relying on bogus and puerile religious doctrine to form their ill-informed viewpoints.

What do you think? Are homophobes suffering from a mental disorder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 07:59 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
No, but hypersensitivity is.

I dont believe that homos are 'mentally ill' but I do believe it is a defect since something definitely went wrong with the natural order of things.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:00 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
No, most homophobes are ultra religious and believe being gay is wrong because the old book of fairytales has one or two innocuous lines about men not laying together or whatnot. Religion is the disorder, homophobia is one of its many symptons.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:14 PM

161 posts, read 385,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
No, but hypersensitivity is.

I dont believe that homos are 'mentally ill' but I do believe it is a defect since something definitely went wrong with the natural order of things.
Frankly, you can believe that the Sun revolves around the Earth or in the Loch Ness monster.

The reality is that your beliefs are not accurate and are not in line with the findings of scientific inquiry.

I guess were even since I believe that belief in that religious nuts go against the natural order of things.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:17 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80SC View Post
Homophobes frequently refer to homosexuality as a mental disorder, despite there being no evidence to support that viewpoint.
Actually there is evidence. You'd have to go back and read the DSM I and DSM II.

Quote:
What do you think? Are homophobes suffering from a mental disorder?
I don't know. You'd have to define what a "homophobe" is.

Is that someone who has a fear of Homo Habilis, Homo Neanderthalis or Homo Sapiens?

Old 07-07-2011, 08:20 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
Quote:
Frankly, you can believe that the Sun revolves around the Earth or in the Loch Ness monster.

The reality is that your beliefs are not accurate and are not in line with the findings of scientific inquiry.

I guess were even since I believe that belief in that religious nuts go against the natural order of things.
Really? You're trying to say that science says that males are not intended to procreate with females?

Old 07-07-2011, 08:24 PM

268 posts, read 391,797 times
As a heterosexual male there is nothing more pugnacious than another mans anus.
On the other hand, what woman have between her legs is a virtual passport to heaven! If that makes me mentally ill so be it.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:46 PM

561 posts, read 505,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You'd have to define what a "homophobe" is. Is that someone who has a fear of Homo Habilis, Homo Neanderthalis or Homo Sapiens?
Mostly a fear of Homo Erectus . . .

Old 07-07-2011, 08:51 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Personally i feel that Americans obsess over the most stupid of things, that does not pertain to their own lifes, and way too many busy bodies. Americans are such a uptight people. Should not be concern with what go's on with others.

Troppe persone teso, persone ficcanaso!

Personally it does not matter what others feel, those who do not understand Gays, and the Gays that cannot understand why some don't understand. It is what it is and ain't going to change anytime soon, so lets just try and get along.

I have many gay friends, both sexes, the only difference that i can see is that there sexual prefance is different. The guys i know, would be looked at twice from women, because the gay guys i know of are hunks, hard for my daughter to understand why they are gay, but she is accepting of them.
What does it matter if they were born gay or not, does science have to prove everything to be believable!

No body has to define a darn thing, it is what it is and to those who don't accept it, so what.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:07 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Actually there is evidence. You'd have to go back and read the DSM I and DSM II.

I don't know. You'd have to define what a "homophobe" is.

Is that someone who has a fear of Homo Habilis, Homo Neanderthalis or Homo Sapiens?
Hate to tell ya this........ but being gay was removed from those lists in the 1970's....where have you been the last three plus decades...NOT hitting the books obviously. .

Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality

Gay Is Okay With APA (American Psychiatric Association) (http://www.soulforce.org/article/642 - broken link)

Official Statement Concerning Homosexuality from the American Psychological Association | CLGS

Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DSM-5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And on the homophobe issue....I agree with the OP....most homophobes seem completely obsessed with gays and gay issues; as we often see in our forum where they post more often and with more emotion than gay posters.

And these issues affect gays and their daily lifes directly and frankly don't affect the homophobes in the least......so why are they so completely obsessed.....obsession is a mental disorder in of itself.

And here is the definition of homophobia....it should sound familar to many of our regular anti-gay posters!

Homophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homophobia: The Fear Behind The Hatred

Purely Obsessional OCD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 07-07-2011 at 09:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies