Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 10:26 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,319,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
lol...

Umm...

Read what you wrote....

Think about it...
She actually speak quite a few languages. Websites are saying she is fluent in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. Other websites are staying that on top of that she can converse in Arabic and French.

The degree thing, yeah that is just a rumor I heard. Websites are saying she does do much to study the cultures of the countries she visits and that she did attend UCLA under and alias, but her actually educational qualifications are not listed. She probably doesn't even have a high school diploma equivalent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 10:51 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,505,039 times
Apparently, some people here can not accept that a woman can be intelligent, multi-talented, and attractive...

Old 10-06-2011, 12:21 AM

812 posts, read 594,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Who cares? She's got Grammy Awards that should be enough.
Now this is truly how Demorats think. I know how to educate them. Send them back to Mexico to a one room schoold where they will get one on one attention.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:57 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,367,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Apparently, some people here can not accept that a woman can be intelligent, multi-talented, and attractive...
That is EXACTLY the problem. Confront them with proof and they turn a blind eye. It's the same old, same old. They are so desperate for even a lame to bash Obama, they won't concede that they

a) jumped to conclusions based on their limited knowledge of someone
b) were just plain wrong.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:56 AM

25,956 posts, read 24,675,783 times
I don't like her music, her voice is harsh to my ears.
But no doubt she is intelligent and charming, not arrogant or anything one might expect from someone so successful. A great example of ethnic/race mixing
Regarding the curriculum, she is not expected to teach. She is just an adviser, there are lots of advisers and many of them are not academic experts in the subjects they advise on.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:58 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,660,138 times
Sounds like somebody I would like to know. Smart, talented and beautiful.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:23 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,808,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Fluff... as in she is simply a figurehead, a poster board, a pretty girl who turns the letters, if you are getting my point? Many organizations have them. Organizations seek "star appeal" to promote their cause. Its a good business tactic and the fact that she does this is not an attack on her "caring" or "contribution" to do such, but her position "is what it is" and you can spin it all you like, but it is no different than Spud McKenzie as the Budweiser dog.

Having a "heart" and "caring" a lot as well as spending a lot of time down at the homeless shelter does no qualify you as a legitimate person to handle the homeless problem, it simply means you are concerned and care. What you have to say, may not be relevant or accurate in its assessment.

Those who are in approval are fans or "booty" infatuated.
The problem with your position is that you don't know if she is a figurehead, or if she is deeply involved with these organizations. Since she actually founded one of them, the odds are better that she is deeply involved, as well as very much committed to education. Your assumptions aren't based on any actual knowledge of Shakira, but just shallow judgment. She, at least, has put her time, money and attention to work on the problems. You simply criticize that she is only providing "star appeal" when the evidence is to the contrary. Usually, you are very logical in your arguments. This time, not so much.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:14 AM

23,410 posts, read 36,915,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Now this is truly how Demorats think. I know how to educate them. Send them back to Mexico to a one room schoold where they will get one on one attention.
Wrong country, Einstein.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:50 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,586,933 times
Shakira is Obama adviser...Is this for real or a joke...I hope a joke!

Well, let's face it, she is as qualified as he is, except she has breasts

Old 10-06-2011, 08:55 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,808,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Shakira is Obama adviser...Is this for real or a joke...I hope a joke!

Well, let's face it, she is as qualified as he is, except she has breasts
How do you know that? What, exactly, do you know about Shakira, except, of course, that she has breasts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies