Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times

Advertisements

Welfare, is just another government job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 08:14 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,440,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Welfare, is just another government job.

The pay sucks, should they unionize?

Old 10-06-2011, 08:20 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heetseeker View Post
Another totally ignorant statement by a totally racist individual that has no idea whAt reality is. Unbelievable. You are very disturbed.
Whoa!!!!!!....How is this racist???

I was very poor at one time too.

If I would have had a child welfare would have been MY only choice for a while.

Thank God for birth control!!!

Old 10-06-2011, 08:26 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,262 times
Quote:
That is one individual that had the capacity to do something about her situation. Most on welfare don't have the capacity to even go to a job interview let alone keep a job. I don't know if any of you are aware of mental illness and addictions as being a major contributor to many of these people depending on the system.
Please. How many welfare recipients are mentally insane drug addicts?

Old 10-06-2011, 08:31 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,227,900 times
Quote:
Another totally ignorant statement by a totally racist individual that has no idea whAt reality is. Unbelievable. You are very disturbed.
I have no idea what it is really is like? I am poor myself, but I work for a living and have never been on any government assistance programs. Are you saying minorities cannot work? By the way, you are so far off calling me a racist. All my friends are either Mexican, Native American or Black. In fact, I do not even have one white friend.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:56 AM

525 posts, read 899,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Did you just quote yourself, and then argue with yourself? yes, yes you did. Thanks for the humor, please take your medication prior to posting again.
yes it was a mistake the wrong post came up when I hit the quote button but that's okay cause I know I'm not perfect, do you?

Old 10-06-2011, 10:00 AM

525 posts, read 899,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I have no idea what it is really is like? I am poor myself, but I work for a living and have never been on any government assistance programs. Are you saying minorities cannot work? By the way, you are so far off calling me a racist. All my friends are either Mexican, Native American or Black. In fact, I do not even have one white friend.
so what? I could care less who your friends are or aren't. That's pretty typical though my best friend is black or mexican or whatever so I can't possibly be a racist. You are the one who made that totally ignorant statement.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:02 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,262 times
Quote:
so what? I could care less who your friends are or aren't. That's pretty typical though my best friend is black or mexican or whatever so I can't possibly be a racist. You are the one who made that totally ignorant statement.
What exactly about his statement was racist? I really want to hear this.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:20 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,227,900 times
Quote:
I never mentioned race in my thread, and you came out in your first post and called me a racist? There are lots of white people that are on welfare so I want to know why YOU came out and called me a racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
What exactly about his statement was racist? I really want to hear this.
I do too.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:24 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Yeah, and all those people not on welfare that haven't made a million are also losers too, I guess. When surveyed, many monetarily successful people stated luck was a large factor that contributed to their success. Obviously, if many could make a lot of money, they would freaking do it.
PR BS. Any successful person will tell you that you create your own luck. When the successful say they attribute their success partly to luck, it's nothing more than empty propaganda for the sheep to eat up. It gives them a bit of humility and the sheep love humility.

Luck is a faery tale.

Before I cashed out and retired, when queried about my realtive success at a fairly young age, I always said things like "I was lucky." , or "I was blessed." Well, now that I don't have to worry about licking a customer's butt, I can speak the truth. It was 16 hour days 7 days a week that bought my toys. No lucky numbers and no gods gave me a damned thing. It was all me all the time baby.

Believe what you want. If you're lucky you could win the lottery too. Hey, statistically, if you spend $1 each week for only 9000 years you should win!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies