U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-06-2011, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Gone
25,237 posts, read 13,350,201 times
Reputation: 5915

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
He should have been extradited to the US, given a trial. He probably would have been sentenced to death-- but that is up to the courts to decide (not Obama).

This is in the 5th Amendment.
That was not on the list of actual options:
Kill him and save lives
OR
Let him go and hope he eventually goes someplace we can get him before he causes the death of more innocent people.

You pick: His Blood or the Blood of innocents,
HE made his choice, now you make yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-06-2011, 01:01 PM
 
2,721 posts, read 3,645,798 times
Reputation: 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
That was not on the list of actual options:
Kill him and save lives
OR
Let him go and hope he eventually goes someplace we can get him before he causes the death of more innocent people.

You pick: His Blood or the Blood of innocents,
HE made his choice, now you make yours.
Where is the evidence, why hasn't the white house released it even though they have been asked?

Why is the evidence "secret" as their press secretary claims?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 01:02 PM
 
Location: Montgomery Village
4,120 posts, read 3,704,040 times
Reputation: 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
He should have been extradited to the US, given a trial. He probably would have been sentenced to death-- but that is up to the courts to decide (not Obama).

This is in the 5th Amendment.
You missed the part about cops shooting people in the street without a trial. Do you think that is unconstitutional?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 01:02 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,052,450 times
Reputation: 12105
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Oh was there a gunfight that caused the death? Last I checked he was hit with predator drones...
But that is something you would have preferred, I'm sure. That would be the reason to take him out because until then he was just an innocent victim?

However, my argument was more than this situation. I asked if an American is firing at Americans, would it be okay to take him out, or would it be unconstitutional unless he is captured alive (at any cost)?

Quote:
Of course there is no comparison between awlaki and holocaust victims. The comparison is between Obama ordering assassinations and Hitler ordering assassinations.
You're making that comparison a part of your argument by comparing Obama to Hitler. You simply don't want to take ownership of your claim, based on desperation. To you, Obama is Hitler because Obama allowed killing of Awlaki and Hitler killed Jews and others. So, you've left no room for differentiation between the victims because that would be darn inconvenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Where is the evidence, why hasn't the white house released it even though they have been asked?
Evidence? You want evidence to every military action? Is that how the government and the military is supposed to work? Besides, what evidence were you looking for anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 01:05 PM
 
2,721 posts, read 3,645,798 times
Reputation: 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
You missed the part about cops shooting people in the street without a trial. Do you think that is unconstitutional?
Are they shooting people in cars who are traveling to a location and were they ordered by the executive branch to do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,052,450 times
Reputation: 12105
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Are they shooting people in cars who are traveling to a location and were they ordered by the executive branch to do this?
He's talking about cops. Why do you assume that only the President is disallowed to issue orders NO matter what is at risk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Gone
25,237 posts, read 13,350,201 times
Reputation: 5915
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
So liberals think it is okay to utilize the constitution only when it suits them?
I am not a Liberal by definition, I am only labeled one by far righties because I call propaganda out when I see it and I end up defending Obama because the far right wants to blame him for everything bad that has ever happened and it is nothing more than a Partisan LIE.
That said, he Gave Up His Rights as a Citizen when he became a Terrorist and declared war on our Women and Children. Become a Terrorist as he did, and you have fewer rights than OBL did, that is because on top of being a Terrorist he is is also a Traitor. FYI, capturing him was Not one of our options. Do you want the death of More innocent women and children on your hands or would you do the right thing, think about it if you knew it would be Your family he killed next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 27,088,684 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
What a bunch of utter crap.
Golly, bob, I thought that Jim did an outstanding job of comparing Obama to Hitler without being obnoxious about it. I guess you don't realize that The One is doing just those things. You do know that there were a number of union leaders in on the planning of this Occupy thing, don't you? Also, since it wasn't getting what they wanted a number of unions have stepped up offering "troops" to carry out what was wanted.

Did you hear his campaign speech today? How about the long pauses and uh uhs that followed as he had to answer questions in order to call this a press conference and not a campaign speech. You know he has to answer those questions without his teleprompter unless the questions are planned ahead of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 01:11 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 27,088,684 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Republicans want their Mussolini back.
I guess you haven't seen the pictures of Obama with his chin jutting up just like Mussolini did, have you? Oh there are plenty of them but there is one that is an exact replica. Hey, Ghost, I saw the balcony Mussolini made all his proclamations from in Rome and couldn't find one Italian there who liked old Il Duce. It is getting harder and harder to find anyone who really likes Obama outside C-D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,052,450 times
Reputation: 12105
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I guess you haven't seen the pictures of Obama with his chin jutting up just like Mussolini did, have you? Oh there are plenty of them but there is one that is an exact replica. Hey, Ghost, I saw the balcony Mussolini made all his proclamations from in Rome and couldn't find one Italian there who liked old Il Duce. It is getting harder and harder to find anyone who really likes Obama outside C-D.
Don't be so envious of his chin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top