Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the government promote traditional values?
Yes 21 30.43%
No 45 65.22%
Maybe, Don't know, etc. 3 4.35%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 12:35 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,854,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
This is exactly what I am talking about; government has no business promoting religion. Personally, I do not trust in god. Why should the government be telling me to. They shouldn’t.
There are though, basic values that are worth supporting, like the need to be honest, not stealing, not killing, being responsible, and your duty as a citizen that everyone can agree on. Those are the kind of values that would make a more civilized country for all.
Government promotes religion every time the president says "God Bless America".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 12:43 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,901,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Why do people such as yourself feel the need to lie to make a point?
Oh the liar, liar pants on fire argument. Good one.

What lie? Why do people such as yourself resort to personal attacks? I fully expect that you have some evidence that I have told anything other than the truth or my opinion. If not, the honest thing for you to do would be to apologize. I won't hold my breath.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:49 PM

14,462 posts, read 11,203,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Oh the liar, liar pants on fire argument. Good one.

What lie? Why do people such as yourself resort to personal attacks? I fully expect that you have some evidence that I have told anything other than the truth or my opinion. If not, the honest thing for you to do would be to apologize. I won't hold my breath.
"All the Teabaggers I have met". That is the lie to which I am referring. And you know what I am talking about.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:56 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,256,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Government promotes religion every time the president says "God Bless America".
What politicians do, and what is right, are two completely different things.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:03 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,854,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
What politicians do, and what is right, are two completely different things.
The POTUS is no ordinary politician...he's our President, the leader of the free World.

If he can say God Bless America then every public school in the country should have that right.

If my currency is good enough to have printed on it "In God We Trust" then I have the right to use it where I so wish.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:05 PM

769 posts, read 1,009,954 times
what are "traditional values" anyway?

Old 10-07-2011, 01:06 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,182,200 times
Gallup must be in a bit of a rut. I'm surprised they'd even bother asking such a vague and loaded question without any specification at all. Marriage may be a traditional value. Not murdering is a traditional value. Racism can be a traditional value.

IOW, this poll has no value. Traditional or otherwise.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:14 PM

33,465 posts, read 17,974,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I have watched Andy Griffith, great show. Every Tbagger I have met always reminds me of Barney Fife. You know always needing a gun, but could not be trusted not to shoot himself in the foot.

Andy was the liberal on the show. He used common sense and did not need a gun.

Great show.

What a stretch!!

Andy was far from being a liberal.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:22 PM

33,465 posts, read 17,974,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
All nice traits, but the government cannot legislate them into happening and they should not be trying, it ain't their JOB. That is YOUR job, pass on your values to your children and live by example.
The government should not be in the business of abortion or pushing the gay agendas on us either.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:25 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,013,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The government should not be in the business of abortion or pushing the gay agendas on us either.
The gay agenda is being pushed on nobody but those who somehow think that gays getting married affects them.

But hey, every population has its idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies