Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the government promote traditional values?
Yes 21 30.43%
No 45 65.22%
Maybe, Don't know, etc. 3 4.35%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 03:02 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""" Commitment, honesty and decency in business ...."""

WHA...?!

If commiment, honesty and decency ever surface in American business , PUHlease let me know....
There was a time when a hand shake between two people in business meant something.. today the moral fiber of this nation has unraveled. Thanks to the liberal thinkers who hate morality especially aimed at the Word of the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 03:12 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If the gays want to use the words civil union it is fine , why should they use the word "marriage" that God ordained?
Because the term evolved and is no longer solely used by Christians.

If Marriage was used for only Christian or religious unions, you'd have a point.

The fact is, marriage is both a social and a religious concept.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:53 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
There was a time when a hand shake between two people in business meant something.. today the moral fiber of this nation has unraveled. Thanks to the liberal thinkers who hate morality especially aimed at the Word of the Bible.
No, it's thanks to the righties who believe profit is the ONLY goal and nothing else matters.

I am a liberal thinker and have strong morals...as do many liberals....maybe you should get out more???

Old 10-07-2011, 03:55 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
Quote:
It does affect many people. If the gays want to use the word "marriage" that words description was sanctified by God as the marriage only as one man and one woman, it affects everyone who honors God.

Can atheist still get married? Bhuddist?

This may come as a shock to you, but there was marriage long before there was Christianity, and it existed all over the world in places that didn't have Christianity.

Marriage is not an exclusively Christian concept. It's pretty universal.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
If the gays want to use the words civil union it is fine , why should they use the word "marriage" that God ordained?
Why do you think you own a word?

HOW does it affect you what someone else calls their relationship?

How do other people's relationships affect you?

Are you a spokesperson for this god guy?

I heard a lot about him but I thought since he allegedly created everyone, he loved everyone....why don't you?

Old 10-07-2011, 03:57 PM

943 posts, read 782,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Government promotes religion every time the president says "God Bless America".

Do people promote god when they say "god bless you" after someone sneezes??

Old 10-07-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
what are "traditional values" anyway?
Good question....and as you can see there are lots of different answers.

Just imagine Congress trying to pass the Traditional Values Bill...now THAT would waste billions and come to nothing....

Maybe , since that "family values" thingy backfired so badly on the less than moral Republican "families" , this is there way of stirring the pot....a diversion...to keep eyes off the real issues which the Repubs refuse to address.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:34 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moionfire View Post
Do people promote god when they say "god bless you" after someone sneezes??
Most people usually just say "Bless You". I know I always have.

I've only heard old timers use "God Bless You".

"God Bless America" coming out of the Presidents mouth is quite different than "God Bless You" coming out of your grandmothers mouth...

Old 10-07-2011, 05:28 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,786 times
Quote:
Are you being serious with the stuff you've been saying lately? Please tell me how you know what your god thinks?

Old 10-07-2011, 05:32 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
The government should strongly regulate the production and sales of chastity belts, to make sure that Americans get the best quality. No more flimsy imports made in non-christian countries!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies