Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 05:40 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Nah, this is new..

Calif. pot dispensaries told to shut down - TODAY News - TODAY.com

I don't see how what's left of the Obama supporters can possibly spin this..
Federal law trumps state law. There is nothing to spin.

Actually, I believe many of us Obama supporters have been telling you this for years in regards to the immigration issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 05:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
This is another example of why "States Rights" isn't just for conservatives anymore. I can't think of any reason why the federal government should be involved in regulating marijuana use.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:49 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Federal law trumps state law. There is nothing to spin.
That's funny, no one told candidate Obama..

"I would not have the Justice Department prosecuting and raiding medical marijuana users. It's not a good use of our resources."

Sen. Barack Obama

Nor President Obama in his first year..

March 2009:
Obama Administration to Stop Raids on Medical Marijuana Dispensers - NYTimes.com

Oh, but now the big liar has changed his tune...it can't be defended.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:50 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Although I'm very disappointed in Obama for doing this, tell me which Republican candidate for President would have acted differently, other than Ron Paul?
Who cares what the RINO candidates would do? Ron Paul is the only American running for the Presidency.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:04 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
No way, that stuff makes people more ignorant and mental than before they got into this drug.
Most should consider stopping their addiction since it also has killed many innocent people here and abroad in places like Mexico.
Why be associated with murder to get high?
Give it up and grow up IMO.

prohibition did nothing to stop alcohol,, keeping mj illegal is the same thing.. it hasn't accomplished one damn thing, wake up and smell the coffee,!!! millions of people will use it whether "it's illegal or legal", mind as well create some dang jobs out of it

if they made hot dogs and hamburgers illegal lots of people would die, just because it would create an underground market.. you spout a lame excuse nothing more..

Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 PM

764 posts, read 597,246 times
Quote:
No way, that stuff makes people more ignorant and mental than before they got into this drug.
Most should consider stopping their addiction since it also has killed many innocent people here and abroad in places like Mexico.
Marijuana has killed no one. It, nor any drug is to blame the things going down in Mexico. It's not the product itself that is motivating any drug war. Its the money that can be made BECAUSE its illegal, that fuels the problems. The product is interchangeable, so its irrelevant. Learn from history. Prohibition made Al Capone rich and powerful.

Oh, and Marijuana Legalization = Conservative Litmus Test. One of the ways to learn if they REALLY believe in small Government...

Old 10-06-2011, 06:45 PM

227 posts, read 140,949 times
Quote:

Shut up. How dare you tell me what I can put in my body. Pot is more natural that cigs and booze. If it was legal there would be no killings in Mexico. This is what happens when the Government gets involved and makes stupid laws.

Pot does not lead to other drugs. Pot is not addictive, please grow up and live your life however you want but don't impose your values on me.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:46 PM

227 posts, read 140,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
Marijuana has killed no one. It, nor any drug is to blame the things going down in Mexico. It's not the product itself that is motivating any drug war. Its the money that can be made BECAUSE its illegal, that fuels the problems. The product is interchangeable, so its irrelevant. Learn from history. Prohibition made Al Capone rich and powerful.

Oh, and Marijuana Legalization = Conservative Litmus Test. One of the ways to learn if they REALLY believe in small Government...

bravo bravo

Old 10-06-2011, 06:57 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
There was another thread that whined about the federal government having different laws than the state, and decried the state government had no business enforcing the law if the state said something was illegal and the federal government said something was legal, and I pointed out this very thing, that in California they had legalized small amounts of marijuana, and medical marijuana, and people told me I didn't know what I was talking about.

Well, here we are today.....

Guess that states rights issue from the 1860's comes back to roost.....

Old 10-07-2011, 07:08 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:

OH BULLS***! Legalize it, and take it out of the hands of the drug cartels. Damn stop watching "Reefer Madness!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies