U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 05:14 PM

5,612 posts, read 4,182,002 times

Advertisements

I studied hard in school, went to a good college and didn't major in basket weaving. Then I got a entry level job, worked harder, got promoted, paid my bills, educated my kids at my cost, volunteered in my community and donated to charity. I didn't cheat on my taxes or pay my bills late. I've had financial ups and downs and have weathered them by cutting back, getting a 2nd job and cutting back some more. I've never defaulted on a mortgage or declared bankruptcy. I've taken care of myself via diet and exercise and have good health to show for it.

I'm not part of the 1% and never will be.

I'm part of the (insert whatever you think applicable) percent who is tired of the part of the 99% who feel entitled to everything while working for nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 05:14 PM

10,715 posts, read 22,397,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
"I'm with stupid" with arrows pointing all over the place.
Where's Waldo?

Old 10-06-2011, 05:17 PM

12,940 posts, read 18,508,728 times
Default What would YOUR 99% sign say?

Thanks to the Man, Bentley's, machine guns and supermodels are out of the common man's price range!!! Give us our rightful B.M.S.-es!!!!

Old 10-06-2011, 05:24 PM

12,940 posts, read 18,508,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Switch to the History channel.
...where we can learn our "true history" from mulitple seasons of "Ancient Aliens"...

Old 10-06-2011, 05:27 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,865,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
...where we can learn our "true history" from mulitple seasons of "Ancient Aliens"...

Old 10-06-2011, 05:33 PM

9,857 posts, read 6,753,080 times
The 99% are not the American 99%.
First you've got unions organizing buses to bring people in.
They are pushing for totalitarian communist government in the name of economic justice. Anytime you hear economic justice they are talking communism.

My sign would say "I paid my own way and earned everything I have, you should think if doing the same and not expect everyone to pay for your pathetic lives".

Old 10-06-2011, 07:28 PM

3,725 posts, read 2,982,207 times
I am a Moderate,
Where's my Representation?

Or

Where has the Phrase "Too Big to Fail"
Disappeared to?

Old 10-06-2011, 07:29 PM

6,074 posts, read 5,139,368 times
At every stage in life and for the rest of my life, there was and will be a 1% up there with much more than I have. Their existence has nothing to do with either my enjoyment of my circumstances or my ability to shape them.

I am the 99%.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:36 PM

561 posts, read 422,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unc4me View Post
i studied hard in school, went to a good college and didn't major in basket weaving. Then i got a entry level job, worked harder, got promoted, paid my bills, educated my kids at my cost, volunteered in my community and donated to charity. I didn't cheat on my taxes or pay my bills late. I've had financial ups and downs and have weathered them by cutting back, getting a 2nd job and cutting back some more. I've never defaulted on a mortgage or declared bankruptcy. I've taken care of myself via diet and exercise and have good health to show for it.

I'm part of the (insert whatever you think applicable) percent who is tired of the part of the 99% who feel entitled to everything while working for nothing.
this is hate speech!

Old 10-06-2011, 07:41 PM

3,725 posts, read 2,982,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I studied hard in school, went to a good college and didn't major in basket weaving. Then I got a entry level job, worked harder, got promoted, paid my bills, educated my kids at my cost, volunteered in my community and donated to charity. I didn't cheat on my taxes or pay my bills late. I've had financial ups and downs and have weathered them by cutting back, getting a 2nd job and cutting back some more. I've never defaulted on a mortgage or declared bankruptcy. I've taken care of myself via diet and exercise and have good health to show for it.

When I was 18 I found a job easily. Looks like nowadays it is a lot harder...

http://bls.gov/news.release/pdf/youth.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies