U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 07:21 PM

5,877 posts, read 4,025,854 times

Advertisements

"I don't have any sob back story or heartbreaking tragedies. I'm just an average dude fed up with corporate control over our political process and every aspect of our lives. I'm tired of the cries of 'class warfare' whenever tax rates are discussed or social programs are brought up, yet nary a whimper is heard when it comes time to bailout reckless fat cats. I'm tired Wall St banksters and the jet set crowd buying off corrupt politicians to stack the deck against the rest of us. I have no particular demands at the time, all I simply ask for is a political process that's fair, and a government that's beholden not to corporations, but to the people. I have many opinions about healthcare, foreign policy, education, entitlement programs, etc. but the most pressing matter facing this country is getting money out of politics. We can have a serious debate about the other pressing matters in this nation when we have fair, clean elections and a political process not full of corruption and cronyism. I'm part of the 99%"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 07:24 PM

16,704 posts, read 18,930,553 times
I think its funny when liberals say the government should be beholden to the people... except, not everyone and then go on to say stuff about corruption/cronyism... well, when you split Americans into groups, you are the very definition of corruption and cronyism... because what you are about to suggest after that, already isn't right...

Old 10-06-2011, 08:03 PM

3,725 posts, read 2,975,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Local fast food joints are always hiring around here.
Ahso, too many people; too few fast food joints.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:09 PM

16,704 posts, read 18,930,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Ahso, too many people; too few fast food joints.
Are you claiming that Americans are too good for fast food joints? That we should have illegal immigrants work those jobs... I see... you want an underclass but demonizing a job as unworthy for Americans... What next? Manufacturing jobs? Secretaries? Valets? Janitors... I see, if it was up to liberals, we just bring in foreign immigrants to do because Americans shouldn't be doing those jobs.... I wonder if that's even racist... but then you aren't the first liberal to talk like that...

Old 10-06-2011, 08:15 PM

14,294 posts, read 7,424,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Are you claiming that Americans are too good for fast food joints? That we should have illegal immigrants work those jobs... I see... you want an underclass but demonizing a job as unworthy for Americans... What next? Manufacturing jobs? Secretaries? Valets? Janitors... I see, if it was up to liberals, we just bring in foreign immigrants to do because Americans shouldn't be doing those jobs.... I wonder if that's even racist... but then you aren't the first liberal to talk like that...
Should just hire illegals to occupy wall st.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
No, just lamenting the situation that there are not enough people out there eating fast food to create enough employment for those people who want to eat fast food.

If you get my drift...

Old 10-06-2011, 08:23 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,039,997 times
SUCCESS IS EARNED, not GIVEN.

I am one of the 99% who has earned, worked and have been successful and do not believe we should be stealing from the successful to hand it to losers who wont work, learn, try or earn their own keep.

Rewarding the losers and breaking/stealing from the successful people wont work. Losers dont give people jobs and everyone knows we have lost millions of jobs over the last two and a half years using this idea.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:26 PM

229 posts, read 109,425 times
This is what I see as the problem today. Its just too easy to come up with excuses.

People can sit and ***** and moan all they want. They can wait for the government to ride in with the white coats on. Just look at Katrina hell people needed to be told to get out. WTH You wouldn't have to tell me to go I would have been gone 2 days before it ever showed up. It does nothing to help themselves get out of the situation they are in.

Get up out of bed. Get out of the house and do something everyday to improve your own situation. Believe in yourselves. Don't let people bring you down. Stay calm and make good productive decisions on how to improve.

You can do it. I did it and so can you. I believe in the spirit of people.

Most of the time its not a dem or repub issue. On many things they are the samething. Look at Obama closing done the pot shops in Cali. Even though it was voted in what happened to power to the people and state rights.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
SUCCESS IS EARNED, not GIVEN.

I am one of the 99% who has earned, worked and have been successful and do not believe we should be stealing from the successful to hand it to losers who wont work, learn, try or earn their own keep.

Rewarding the losers and breaking/stealing from the successful people wont work. Losers dont give people jobs and everyone knows we have lost millions of jobs over the last two and a half years using this idea.
Losers steal from the winners. The winners steal from the losers.

Hey! Everybody's a thief!

Old 10-06-2011, 08:41 PM

229 posts, read 109,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Losers steal from the winners. The winners steal from the losers.

Hey! Everybody's a thief!

yes get your own money. I donate to charity. I give if I want to. The fed gov should be as small as possible. Border patrol, military, and a few others and everything else can go.

States rights need to comeback and mean something.
I have never voted down a local city tax increae in 25 years. But my city is not corrupt like lots of others.

Example a county big wig left on her own to get a private sector job and they gave her 200,000 severage package. She left on her own. WTF. They said its in the contract.....turns out there is no contract. This is the county with Detroit in it. It has no money, it laying off workers yet give this woman 200,000 to get a better paying job. It is **** like this that makes everyone sick.....atleast the ones that pay taxes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies