U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-06-2011, 05:51 PM
 
9,857 posts, read 6,750,849 times
Reputation: 3282

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
If Republicans Defeat Obama's Job plan (which they are likely to do), what plan will they recommend instead?
Instead on raising taxes and expanding a government you fire Obama, reverse many of his bills (including obamacare) and instead shrink government and some of the laws on people wanting to operate businesses and work also toward energy independence by drilling in Anwar and other places.
All these will help by mostly being anti-Democrat party in the way you operate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-06-2011, 05:55 PM
 
Location: New London County, CT
8,950 posts, read 9,836,623 times
Reputation: 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Instead on raising taxes and expanding a government you fire Obama, reverse many of his bills (including obamacare) and instead shrink government and some of the laws on people wanting to operate businesses and work also toward energy independence by drilling in Anwar and other places.
All these will help by mostly being anti-Democrat party in the way you operate.
Interesting, so, shrinking the government, resulting in the loss of thousands (or do you envision tens of thousands-- or hundreds of thousands) of jobs will result in decreased unemployment?

I operate a business that I started during Obama's presidency? It's thriving. Whats preventing others? Nobody I know with half a brain cares who the president is if they want to start a business...

It's interesting to know that the Republican solution to anything is to install a Republican president... But the question becomes, once the Republican is elected what is he/she going to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 06:11 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 70,038,371 times
Reputation: 27523
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I have a job... Well actually, a business... But I constantly hear the retort "What about the jobs?"

Obama has put forth a plan that will according to all analysis create jobs-- and as a bonus, rebuild the country's failing infrastructure.

I am asking a very simply plan, when the Republicans defeat the plan for jobs offered by Obama, what is their alternative? This is not about whether you think the government can create jobs or not. This is about responsiveness to the demands of the constituency.

What's the Republican plan?
And that was the same speel that sold stimulus I.
Jobs and crumbling infrastructure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 06:12 PM
 
Location: New London County, CT
8,950 posts, read 9,836,623 times
Reputation: 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And that was the same speel that sold stimulus I.
Jobs and crumbling infrastructure.
Stimulus 1 should have been larger and better administrated.

What do you propose we do about crumbling infrastructure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 06:31 PM
 
30,794 posts, read 17,054,505 times
Reputation: 6804
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
There's a simple answer for that. "But, buu, err, ahh .... when did we ever says it's 'job, jobs, jobs' , huh?".
Typical stupid leftist answer....

It's amazing how fast the left forgets the prez slapped everyone in the face with his "shovel ready jobs"....

Ohhh yea...you lefties must have forgot he laughed at everyone in the U.S.A. about this...............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 70,038,371 times
Reputation: 27523
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Stimulus 1 should have been larger and better administrated.

What do you propose we do about crumbling infrastructure?
Well you can look at those bridges to nowhere, turtle trails, hike and bike trails and lament that we should have fixed the roads and bridges instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 06:34 PM
 
Location: New London County, CT
8,950 posts, read 9,836,623 times
Reputation: 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Typical stupid leftist answer....

It's amazing how fast the left forgets the prez slapped everyone in the face with his "shovel ready jobs"....

Ohhh yea...you lefties must have forgot he laughed at everyone in the U.S.A. about this...............
The problem with the first stimulus is that most of the funds went to prevent laying off teachers, firemen, police, etc. I am fine with that, my only complaint is that infrastructure got short changed, because the stimulus was not big enough.

The Obama plan will prevent that from happening again. Every reputable economist who has looked at it forecasts that it will create jobs.

And, no, I have no problem with saving the jobs of hundreds of thousands with the first stimulus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 06:36 PM
 
Location: New London County, CT
8,950 posts, read 9,836,623 times
Reputation: 5101
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well you can look at those bridges to nowhere, turtle trails, hike and bike trails and lament that we should have fixed the roads and bridges instead.
I'm sorry, how does that solve our crumbling infrastructure problem again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 06:37 PM
 
6,486 posts, read 5,493,728 times
Reputation: 1267
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
If Republicans Defeat Obama's Job plan (which they are likely to do), what plan will they recommend instead?
I'm thinking get Skippy and Joe out of there and that will do a lot right there.

Having said that, repealing obamacare will be a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2011, 06:39 PM
 
357 posts, read 632,554 times
Reputation: 178
republican philosophy holds that it is not necissarily intended for government to have a direct involvment in "job creation."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top