U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:57 PM

23,893 posts, read 10,096,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by egamakaded idiut View Post
At the end, it is a local/state matter, not federal. As a personal user though, I wouldn't be on the ''legalize and regulate'' bandwagon. It varies but most of cost of alcohol is tax, same will happen with marijuana, it will be much more expensive. Heavily regulating(which they'll do) and charging at least double for something for something that essentially grows itself will prove more problematic than most people realize. (Safe and convienient) Alcohol and sythesized drugs don't grow so easily
It's easy to grow. Not many reasons I can think of for mmj patients to not grow it themselves. They'd recoup their costs quickly imo.

The government has no right to tell someone what they can or cannot put into their body. Government does not own it's citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 12:02 AM

478 posts, read 571,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I find it funny folks squealing about states rights when something they want is being taken away. Did any of these same potheads say a word when the fed sued Arizona for passing immigration laws? Nah but by God if they take my pot away the world will end. Go hit your blunt and stop crying. Now you just gotta get off your butt and put the chip bag down and go find your dealer again.
Having to resort to name-calling and assumptions? Yes, I'm for state rights in most cases including this one. I'm a strongly social(and fiscally to an extent) Conservative, young adult who thinks marijuana should be legalized. I'm by no means a "pothead". I smoked it very rarely, and actually quit doing it for good because the one negative is the whole drug-testing thing with jobs. However, I see no reason for it to be illegal.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:24 AM

22,163 posts, read 26,709,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
Alcohol causes many deaths every year, due to drunk driving, however, I don't think alcohol should be illegal. It already was in the past, and that didn't work out so well. Marijuana should be legalized, period. Not only just for medical use, but for recreational use as well.
Say NO to drugs.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:36 AM

10,005 posts, read 8,746,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Look at all the pot addicted violent criminals in prison. They are the vast majority of them and they love their pot.
Hey a lot of violent criminals use guns, in fact violent criminals love their guns...why not ban guns too

Old 10-07-2011, 12:45 AM

13,138 posts, read 12,542,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
well i think the time is coming for a massive take to the streets day for the legalization of marijuana.. it's going to take millions of people to take to the streets to stop this insanity.. all people the smoke mj, and all people that do not smoke it, should get off their asses and do something about it.!!! do you want a better country with more jobs, revenue and less violence.. or would you rather go with the status quo..

i hope that they do shut down the mj dispensaries,, cause!!!!>> it's going to backfire in there faces.. the wall street protesters will get a lot of fuel if they acually go ahead and shut them down...
However, I sense a lot of apathy among the people to reform the insane laws against marijuana. Instead of reform, the opposite may happen. In Oklahoma this year, the state legislature overwhelmingly passed a new law that allowed up to life in prison for making hashish upon the first offense. Hardly anybody in Oklahoma gave a damn against it, including a prominent Democrat state senator, who claimed he was distracted about something else and didn't know what he was doing when he voted in favor of the new law.

I think all this apathy is simply because few people use illegal drugs or smoke marijuana, so few people feel imposed upon by the laws. In other words, if the law denies you something that you never use, why feel pissed off about such a law? I think the down side to that attitude is the powers that be may just sooner or later get around to denying you something that you actually do make use of.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:48 AM

488 posts, read 441,084 times
Quote:
Sure, here you go.
El Blog del Narco

Go look at all the murders American drug users are causing and all the turmoil elsewhere.
This may have been covered already, but I will ask again. These are murders committed by gangs involved in the illegal distribution of drugs in order to dissuade competition or threats (law enforcement). Tell me this - if drugs were legalized, thus negating the "need" for an illegal drug trade, would these killings continue? It's very similar, in my opinion, to the rise of violent gangs during prohibition.

I look at it as a lesser of two evils. Legalizing drugs is not ideal, imo, but it is better than giving power to these murderous cartels.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Look at all the pot addicted violent criminals in prison. They are the vast majority of them and they love their pot.
And if this nation had a serious war against drugs those same prisoners wouldn't be claiming when they get out that illegal drugs were about as easy to get a hold of on the inside as they were on the outside.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egamakaded idiut View Post
I really don't give 2 hoots about this issue right now though, it's like flipping your car over and worrying about the windshield washer fluid level
Thanks for confirming the point I made in a previous posting of mine, #35.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:06 AM

667 posts, read 654,709 times
I'm getting my popcorn ready for this battle. If they think California is going to give up that money they are crazy.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:25 AM

1,592 posts, read 2,872,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The government has no right to tell someone what they can or cannot put into their body. Government does not own it's citizens.
This bears repeating.

What right does the government have to do this? What a travesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies