U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:51 PM

30,794 posts, read 17,103,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Chickens coming home to roost. The whole time Bush was in office, the Republicans treated the Dems like they were pond scum. I wish Reid had done this long ago.
The entire time....must be some of that fuzzy leftist math....the dems were in charge 2 years of that entire time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 08:52 PM

10,005 posts, read 8,746,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, not one serious person believes the Dems will take the House, the Dems don't even think they will.
Boehner is less popular then Pelosi was in 2010. Talk about whistling past the graveyard.
Boehner's Low Approval Rating Could Hurt Republicans In 2012

"Tom Jensen, director of Public Policy Polling, says the survey's findings suggest that the Democrats have a chance at retaking the House next year.

"It's early -- but it looks very plausible that we could be back to Speaker Pelosi 17 months from now."
"

Old 10-06-2011, 08:57 PM

19,891 posts, read 15,824,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Boehner is less popular then Pelosi was in 2010. Talk about whistling past the graveyard.
Boehner's Low Approval Rating Could Hurt Republicans In 2012

"Tom Jensen, director of Public Policy Polling, says the survey's findings suggest that the Democrats have a chance at retaking the House next year.

"It's early -- but it looks very plausible that we could be back to Speaker Pelosi 17 months from now."
"
Lol, keep dreaming with all the state houses the Republicans took realignment makes it impossible for the Dems to take the house. I admire your optimism.

Oh yes, I did stipulate no serious people believe the Dems could retake the House. Hufpo doesn't qualify.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Lol, keep dreaming with all the state houses the Republicans took realignment makes it impossible for the Dems to take the house. I admire your optimism.
Haha that is what you think. There is also something called the VRA which has already thrown a wrench into Texas' redistricting plans. The other thing the article doesn't mention is that CA as a consequence of Non partisan redistricting is likely to replace 4-5 Republicans with democrats due to that state's change demographics.

The Fix - Why the GOP's redistricting advantage is overstated

Old 10-06-2011, 09:04 PM

10,725 posts, read 11,460,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The entire time....must be some of that fuzzy leftist math....the dems were in charge 2 years of that entire time...
The last two years which is correct after the american people had it with the ultra-right wing GOP agenda, leading to the dems steamrolling them at the polls taking back the house and senate.
Otherwise great move by Reid, that monster right will have McConnell's jowls shaking for a month

Old 10-06-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Haha that is what you think. There is also something called the VRA which has already thrown a wrench into Texas' redistricting plans.

The Fix - Why the GOP's redistricting advantage is overstated
Lol, thanks for proving my point. From you link.

"While the GOP's ability to add seats may be overblown, its ability to shore up its current members is not. And if the party plays its cards right, it will reap the benefits for years to come."

No chance the Dems retake the House, I agree with your link!

Old 10-06-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Lol, thanks for proving my point. From you link.

"While the GOP's ability to add seats may be overblown, its ability to shore up its current members is not. And if the party plays its cards right, it will reap the benefits for years to come."

No chance the Dems retake the House, I agree with your link!
Haha I take it you did not read paragraphs before that.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Haha I take it you did not read paragraphs before that.
Sure did, they simply reinforce my quote. But thanks for asking.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Sure did, they simply reinforce my quote. But thanks for asking.
LMAO, it says the growth has been in blue areas, Republicans are like to have VRA fights on their hands and Republican incumbants are going to be pushing for redder districts. All of that adds up to a hugely diminished GOP advantage.

The fact is the Republicans in the Texas legislature already have a VRA problem and North Carolina GOP controlled legislature is looking to have one as well.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
LMAO, it says the growth has been in blue areas, Republicans are like to have VRA fights on their hands and Republican incumbants are going to be pushing for redder districts. All of that adds up to a hugely diminished GOP advantage.

The fact is the Republicans in the Texas legislature already have a VRA problem and North Carolina GOP controlled legislature is looking to have one as well.
Not according to you link. The premise of the article was the Republicans would have a hard time expanding their majority. That is probably correct. But they certainly aren't in any danger of losing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies