Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 06:38 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If all blacks grew up like Herman Cain, there would be no division . Herman Cain is a decent man who does not resent white folks with hate.. Herman has no racial baggage and made it in this country.. to bad not all blacks will understand this . They keep the hate and racial divide alive which gives the democrats their power... blacks are pawns of the democrats.
You're right. This would be such a great country if those blacks just stayed in their place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 08:56 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Just separate but unequal.

Better than being tools of the GOP.

...Another one who thinks that black folks are incapable of incapable of weighing the evidence for themselves.
black people who buy into the liberalism, just want to go back when they had masters to take care of them and tell them what to do!! its some kind of syndrome. they cant handle having to make their own choices in their own lives.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:17 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Tell that to the families of Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan who were fighting beside
your guys .....ignoramus.

Don't like being in NATO? Take it up with St-Laurent.

I say it's about time Canada got off its ***.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:04 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Didn't read the entire thread (where did the Canada bit come from?) but I was turned off by Lawrence O'Donnell's tone and attitude. Like that graphic that said 9-9-9 or 9-1-1? Is that professional? I would submit it is not.

Also, his trying to find some gotcha question, like that Vietnam one. Cain was serving his country during that time and I don't understand how O'Donnell was trying to turn that around. Just didn't seem to be a rational argument. I guess O'Donnell thinks that the only way to serve your country is to carry a gun in the jungle of Vietnam? Please...he just wanted to seem "tough" but instead came across as rude and illogical.

I hate when tv personalities try these kind of interviews. You can easily ask challenging questions without being sanctimonious or rude. It's both distracting and irritating. Guess I can see why MSNBC has such terrible ratings.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:37 AM

457 posts, read 756,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If all blacks grew up like Herman Cain, there would be no division . Herman Cain is a decent man who does not resent white folks with hate.. Herman has no racial baggage and made it in this country.. to bad not all blacks will understand this . They keep the hate and racial divide alive which gives the democrats their power... blacks are pawns of the democrats.
Yeah right, if all blacks grew up as Herman Cain, they will still be sitting in the back of the bus..

Old 10-08-2011, 01:47 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
For the millionth time, I've never refer to an African American as an Uncle Tom just for holding conservative beliefs. I reserve that phrase for those who either went AWOL during the Civil Rights movement. Cain's transgression as far as I am concerned is based upon his own story and the lies that he constructed to cover up.

"I stayed out of trouble", "We decided to avoid trouble by moving to the back of the bus."

Back in the day, that's is exactly what we called "uncle toming". And then to lie and claim that it was because he was in high school when he was actually in College a year before Freedom Summer. Puleeeze!
Co-Signed.

And dude was going to Morehouse, where the Civil Rights Movement was alive and strong, and just decided to do nothing. And now he turns around, looks at folks like John Lewis who put their lives on the line so that *his* back-seat-of-the-bus self could become a CEO and a presidential candidate, and call *them* "brainwashed" and "on the democrat plantation".

Negro please.

I'll say it again, the dude's a grifter. Performances like this are custom designed to enrage every black person in the country, so he can run and tell his republican friends "look, they called me a Tom, they're the real racists, give me a Fox News show."

Old 10-08-2011, 07:06 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Don't like being in NATO? Take it up with St-Laurent.

I say it's about time Canada got off its ***.

You deleted your own post about us "hiding behind your skirts" in response Meson's post on Cain being a chicken and ignored my post completely about our contributions to legitimate war efforts going back over many decades. So once again; how much of our budget do you think should go to defending ourselves from the enemies YOUR country is busily making?

Less than 1/10th your population but I guess you think we should be sailing around the world pissing everybody off with equal vigour to you folks eh?

Aaah nuts, why bother, you don't even bother to respond to the Wikipoops rebuttals to your retarded offerings.

Herman Cain's as good as it gets and Paul is too; but alas, you folks will vote for a "Crest smile" guy again.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:13 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
I am looking forward to reading Herman Cain's new book
he is a great roll model and NOT just for his race, but for mine as well, and for me, personally!
he looks past race, which is so refreshing!!
I am so sick of it, if someone disagrees with Obama, you are a racist, if we like Herman Cain
he is an uncle tom...what blather!!
today we should be hearing about Dr King's dream
not this drivel that spews out of mouths today!!
so all of the ones that want to blame their lot in life on their skin color, then hang on to that crap
as Dr Phil says " how's that working for ya??"
good grief!!

Old 10-08-2011, 07:25 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmode View Post
Yeah right, if all blacks grew up as Herman Cain, they will still be sitting in the back of the bus..
Did you even bother listening to his response?!?! He was in high school at the time. His father told him to try and stay out of trouble and just concentrate on school Why would you want a high school kid to get involved and possibly get himself hurt?
He said if he was older, he probably would have gotten involved. But a high school kid shouldnt have to get involved in those type of things.

You liberals might try actually listening for once.

For such a bigoted interview, Cain did very well. He couldve hit back harder but he didnt. I dont think Obama couldve handled himself that well.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:27 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Got a link to that?
He was AWOL for most of his TANG time.

We've covered this already. No one can be AWOL from a reserve unit. AWOL only applies to active duty personnel. Even if he never showed at his reserve unit, he could never be AWOL or even UA without first being activated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies