U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 09:09 AM

31,777 posts, read 24,032,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Actually, florida.bob has previously attributed job losses on the backs of "teabaggers", so it seems relevant to me, especially since he's been kind enough to join us in this thread.
He is correct. The economy has added only 87K jobs per month over last five months. Time to celebrate? But then, you may actually have a point... if we consider what was happening eight years ago, when only 28K jobs were added per month in the same five months... so election of teabaggers in 2011 has definitely improve the situation compared to 2003.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 09:10 AM

20,009 posts, read 15,192,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
He is correct.
A = A is both false and true, depending on how you look at it.

I am correct on both accounts.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:11 AM

31,777 posts, read 24,032,429 times
Quote:
A = A is both false and true, depending on how you look at it.

I am correct on both accounts.
I know you would like to be. Who doesn't?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:16 AM

23,975 posts, read 17,627,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
This forum is really too funny.

We have one thread using the statistic that *only* 103,000 jobs were added to prove that Obama's policies aren't having much of an effect.

And we have another thread trying to give the teabaggers credit for ALL THOSE NEW JOBS WOW 103,000!

Hysterical.
how is asking a question 'giving credit,' or trying to?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
I know you would like to be.
Like Obama, I can simply will things to be. I know he willed those Verizon employees back to work.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:29 AM

3,829 posts, read 2,662,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Those job numbers aren't spectacular at all and are somewhat in-line with recent job reports.

If you are suggesting that the Tea Baggers in Congress should take credit for it, I would have to ask what laws they passed that would account for these jobs, as the House won't even bring up Obama's jobs bill? The House, who advertised jobs, jobs, jobs hasn't taken up a single bill that would improve employment.

Perhaps what did it was H.Con.Res. 3 (ih) Expressing the sense of Congress that the President should issue, and Congress should hold hearings on, a report and a certification regarding the responsibilities, authorities, and powers of his ``czars''?

or;
H.Con.Res. 4 (ih) Expressing the sense of Congress that the Supreme Court misinterpreted the First Amendment to the Constitution in the case of Buckley v. Valeo.

or;
H.Con.Res. 13 (rh) Reaffirming "In God We Trust'' as the official motto of the United States and supporting and encouraging the public display of the national motto in all public buildings, public schools, and other government institutions.

or;
H.Con.Res. 18 (ih) Urging the President to authorize the return to the people of the Philippines of two church bells that were taken by the United States Army in 1901 from the town of Balangiga on the island of Samar, Philippines, and are currently displayed at F.E. Warren Air Force Base, Wyoming.

or;
H.Con.Res. 25 (ih) Expressing the sense of Congress with respect to the Obama administration's discontinuing to defend the Defense of Marriage Act.
Sometimes not digging deeper is how you start to pull yourself out of a hole.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:29 AM

16,116 posts, read 20,176,655 times
Quote:
Time to celebrate 103K jobs added?
Well half were Verizon workers coming back from the Strike but hey look waht extending the Bush Tax Cuts for the """Job Creators """ has accomplished the unemployment problem is solved. At this rate we could be at full employment in 1500 years

Old 10-07-2011, 09:32 AM

6,074 posts, read 5,133,364 times
Default Great news in the jobs report details

The productive sector added 137,000 jobs, and government employment shrank by 34,000. This continues a trend of tens of thousands of government jobs going away, month by month, for most of the year. The net result has been more jobs overall, and a higher fraction of us working in the productive sector.

Productivity in the private sector has generally been rising since time began. Government, meanwhile, has become bloated on salaries and benefits that are generally much better than those of the taxpayers.

Finally, productivity in government is going up: fewer workers doing the same total amount of work. It is about time.

The beast is shrinking. Although there are losers in the short run (those laid-off workers), we will be better off as a nation with the lower overhead and less dead weight.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:32 AM

5,308 posts, read 5,922,404 times
Quote:
Like Obama, I can simply will things to be. I know he willed those Verizon employees back to work.
On the contrary, the Tea Party in Congress, with their deep affection for union workers, inspired Verizon strikers to return to work. All hail the effective Tea Party!

Old 10-07-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
The Tea Party in Congress...inspired Verizon strikers to return to work. All hail the effective Tea Party!
Quite right. The "get off your a**es and pull yourself up by your bootstraps" pep talk seemed to work quite well. Thanks for humbling yourself for that note of appreciation, kind sir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies