U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 04:56 PM

17,850 posts, read 19,660,056 times

Advertisements

No more Freedom Fries in schools?!?!?!?

Could there be a better example of how schools are indoctrinating school children into Marxism and Communism? I think not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 05:18 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,165,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

Could there be a better example of how schools are indoctrinating school children into Marxism and Communism? I think not!
Lack of french fries leads to Marxism (by the way putting Marxism and Communism in the same sentence is redundant not to mention just dumb).

Old 10-07-2011, 05:34 PM

11,449 posts, read 13,955,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

I thinks its done called Marxism pudding and commie cookies.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:42 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,165,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I thinks its done called Marxism pudding and commie cookies.
I thought it was Red Velvet Cake.

Manifesto Munchies,

Trotsky Tarts,

Chocolate Che Cookies,

Mao and Macaroni,

Uncle Ho Ho's,

Lamumba Loaf,

Grill Cheese Sandanistwich,

Molotav Fruit Cocktail,

Very Berry Beria yogurt,

Potamkin Pancakes,

Gramsci Crackers and Milk,

Old 10-07-2011, 06:10 PM

32,188 posts, read 39,438,858 times
I guess you all know that the french fries served in school cafeterias are baked, not deep fried? And the amount would barely fill up a McDonald's small bag.

I guess you all know why cafeterias stopped serving the meals described by Roy? You don't? It was because the kids were throwing those meals out. They didn't know what they were and the food wasn't getting eaten. The kids became used to, at home, fast food style food. That's what has become the norm.

Salads are offered, they get thrown out by the staff. Only low fat dressing allowed.

No salt in cooking allowed nor are those little salt packs allowed.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:56 PM

4,999 posts, read 3,767,973 times
Horrible government!! Why would you want to prevent kids from eating foods that will make them unhealthy and less productive in school when they'll be free to shovel in whatever crap they want when not in school. Bad, bad government.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:00 PM

3,967 posts, read 5,697,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Usually I'm against government intervention into our personal lives, as I'm a firm believer that you cannot legislate morality. But in this case, I'm all for it. The sad fact is that Americans have gotten so fat and lazy and sloth-like that it looks like the only way they're going to eat healthier is if Uncle Sam forces them to. These fat kids at school who gorge on fries and soft drinks usually grow-up to be unhealthy adults who cost the country hundreds of millions of dollars a year in health and welfare costs, in additon to diminished production in the workplace which hurts employers, and then in turn damages our economy even further.
I'm typing this on my laptop right now at a local StarBucks and am afforded the unfortunate and disgusting view of a woman's butt that must be three feet wide. She's ordering a large double mocha with whip cream and two bear claws. $11.00! Gee, money well spent.
Sometimes I'm ashamed to be an American. Like on the rare occasion when I go to a WalMart. I just stand in the front of the store and gaze with wide wonder for a couple moments at the sheer imensity of obesity. It's mind-boggling.
OK: I'm fully aware that this is all coming-off as judgemental and harsh of me, and some of you guys are gonna have a field day with it in the oncoming posts, but so be it.
This country is in dire straits, health-wise and maybe government intervenion is the only viable alternative.
This made me spit out my drink .

Old 10-07-2011, 07:03 PM

15,088 posts, read 17,000,451 times
Schools should stop serving food.

[BYOF]

Old 10-07-2011, 07:08 PM

2,617 posts, read 1,997,038 times
They'll get my freedom fries when they pry them from my cold dead artery clogged hands

Old 10-07-2011, 07:15 PM

11,427 posts, read 16,710,007 times
I love the French fry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies