U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 10-08-2011, 12:59 PM
 
Location: maryland
3,967 posts, read 5,671,712 times
Reputation: 1711

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Fail.
The vast majority of people are good, not evil.
But abortion proponents love to pretend any baby has at least a 50/50 chance of being massively evil.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.
You're almost always obliterating a good person.

Yeah well the vast amount of people are average intellect,not geniuses. And good, and evil are perceptions of each individual person.

 
Old 10-08-2011, 01:06 PM
 
5,706 posts, read 12,815,737 times
Reputation: 9007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
It is exactly the same. You just don't like the outcome of the second one because it ruins your argument. The fact is people who are anti choice like to talk about how if they force women to carry to term against their will all these great people will be born. The conviently forget about the serial killers, and genocidal maniacs that get in too. The fact is if a woman wants to have a child. That is great, but the government has no business forcing a woman to have a baby against her will as though she were a prized cow.
I am pro choice. I believe the woman, not the government, has the right to choose life or abortion. Just because someone is pro choice does not mean they are pro abortion. The government has no right to tell a woman what to do.

I don't know why all these politicians have to state their position on abortion. It is meaningless. Roe vs Wade has set precedent and no President or Justice is going to overturn something that has been law for so long. What always confuses me is when the "anti abortionists" are protesting, why are so many of them men, and old ones at that?

My mother chose to give birth to me and gave me up for adoption because my father refused to step up to the plate. There are thousands of unwanted children in foster care in the US that no one wants...so the government can support them until they are 18. The children of Somalia are starving to death every day...no one steps up to their plate either.

Two - four - six - eight ....we don't have to pro-create!
 
Old 10-08-2011, 01:24 PM
 
8,743 posts, read 9,999,152 times
Reputation: 3384
OP,

Steve Jobs was one in a million. Same with Saddam Hussein. Truth is with abortion, you never know what could have been....or what may not have been.

It is sad either way.
 
Old 10-08-2011, 01:46 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,007,637 times
Reputation: 5929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
OP,

Steve Jobs was one in a million. Same with Saddam Hussein. Truth is with abortion, you never know what could have been....or what may not have been.

It is sad either way.
Ya, but what IS , what EXISTS , is sad also. Thinking about or regretting what "might have been" is a silly waste of time. What IS IS.




Theses anti-choicers don't give a red hot damn about what happens to these kids AFTER they're born....poverty? They say, "Suck it up, work yourself to death, WE don't want a penny of OUR money going to help you"....War? They say, "Go fight and kill(babies, too!) to protect US! We don't give a damn if you're mutilated or killed, it's your duty to die!"
 
Old 10-08-2011, 01:53 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,007,637 times
Reputation: 5929
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Obviously you have never met a woman going through anxiety or depression due to having an abortion.
Obviously you have never met a woman going through anxiety or depression due to having an unwanted pregnancy.


While your "concern" for women is...well, there....women don't need it.


BTW, there are ALL kinds of reasons women suffer from depression and/or anxiety....are you going to solve ALL those reasons?

Are YOU the one who was born to solve them???? Better get busy because the "genius" who should solve those problems obviously hasn't been born yet
 
Old 10-08-2011, 02:01 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,007,637 times
Reputation: 5929
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Because two people can't come to a consensus? Or even better, that if one parent is willing to take care of the child then that would trump?

This aside, I just do not see a reason to abort a child if that child is healthy, not the result of incest or rape, and the mother is healthy enough to carry that child. Been pregnant and have had a child; it's not such a burden as the pro-abortion crowd try to say. Raising the child, sure, but there's not a requirement to raise that child, adoption has been an answer to that for a number of years.

Quite frankly, it often surprises me that women still get pregnant by accident in the numbers they do in this day and age. Sure, there's always the chance when birth control doesn't work but the number of unwanted pregnancies compared to the small number of pregnancies due to faulty birth control is hardly equal.

Oh and to head this off now, yes, I believe in birth control. Just believe that if you have chosen to participate in activities that have resulted in life, you shouldn't be allowed to extinguish that life simply because it's inconvienient. Again, there are always exceptions to any rule, as I've laid out in my aforementioned statements but abortion for convenience? That just will never sit right in my book.
""""" I just do not see a reason to abort a child if that child is healthy, not the result of incest or rape, and the mother is healthy enough to carry that child."""""



So you believe if the (A.) woman enjoyed the sex, had fun, she should be punished with the pregnancy.


And if it (B.)was incest or rape it's OK with you to have an abortion.


Now, tell me, how the abortion in (A.) is different from the abortion in (B.) ???

The abortion, NOT the circumstances....hmmmm???
 
Old 10-08-2011, 02:11 PM
 
Location: California
11,425 posts, read 16,657,386 times
Reputation: 12447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""""


So you believe if the (A.) woman enjoyed the sex, had fun, she should be punished with the pregnancy.


And if it (B.)was incest or rape it's OK with you to have an abortion.


Now, tell me, how the abortion in (A.) is different from the abortion in (B.) ???

The abortion, NOT the circumstances....hmmmm???
A) She did it of her own free will, she could have used protection, she had control, personal responsability

B) She was forced, she had no control over getting pregnant, she doesn't need to be reminded and punished for something out of her control.

Really it's quite simple Abortion should not be used as birth control.
It's up to each person to decide what they want to do and live with.
 
Old 10-08-2011, 02:19 PM
 
13,496 posts, read 13,968,489 times
Reputation: 11119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
A) She did it of her own free will, she could have used protection, she had control, personal responsability

protection fails, abortion is taking personal responsibility

B) She was forced, she had no control over getting pregnant, she doesn't need to be reminded and punished for something out of her control.

so you don't value a "life" if it was conceived by crime and condone an abortion, but if a woman conceives another way you find it more valuable?
Really it's quite simple Abortion should not be used as birth control.
not your call, you want to put your morals on all others. again not your call. mind your own house.
It's up to each person to decide what they want to do. follow your own advise
anti choice folks think it isn't about punishment but not much else you can call it when you want to restrict women from choice.
 
Old 10-08-2011, 02:22 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,007,637 times
Reputation: 5929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
A) She did it of her own free will, she could have used protection, she had control, personal responsability

B) She was forced, she had no control over getting pregnant, she doesn't need to be reminded and punished for something out of her control.""""


BINGO! Right there you said women who enjoyed the sex should be PUNISHED for having a good time but those who are raped shouldn't be punished....there ya go!





"""Really it's quite simple Abortion should not be used as birth control."""



But you say it's OK for "birth control" in cases of rape and incest!!!!!


"""It's up to each person to decide what they want to do and live with.
You missed....."""Now, tell me, how the abortion in (A.) is different from the abortion in (B.) ???

The abortion, NOT the circumstances....hmmmm???"""


REPEAT: How are the ABORTIONS different? NOT THE CIRCUMSTANCES????
 
Old 10-08-2011, 02:25 PM
 
Location: California
11,425 posts, read 16,657,386 times
Reputation: 12447
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
anti choice folks think it isn't about punishment but not much else you can call it when you want to restrict women from choice.
I don't believe in abortion used as birth control.

I think it's thier choice what they want to do and what they can live with

Simple really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top