Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 07:33 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

An email received by several NY state lawmakers, fits perfectly with the language of the Occupy WS anarchists.

Email: 'Time to kill the wealthy' - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

Quote:
“How hard is it for us to stake out one of the obvious access roads to some tech company, tail an employee home and toss a liquor bottle full of flaming gasoline through their nice picture window into their cute house,” wrote the author of the email.

The email references terminology that has been used in the “Occupy Wall Street” movement - that of 1 percent super-rich exploiting the remaining 99 percent of Americans. The angry message demanded that Albany politicians “stop shoveling wealth from the lower 99% into the top 1%” and “set aside your ‘no new taxes on anybody’ pledge.”
Hope they catch the violent, leftist, anarchist thugs who are sending these emails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 01:21 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,227 times
Default "Time To Kill The Wealthy"

This is getting dangerous now.
Class Warfare is closer then ever. There are some who want the Occupy Wall Street protesters to get violent.

These are Dangerous times.

Basically this email was sent to a few NY Law Makers.

Quote:
Several influential New York state lawmakers have received threatening mails saying it is “time to kill the wealthy” if they don’t renew the state’s tax surcharge on millionaires, according to reports.
“It’s time to tax the millionaires!” reads the email, according to WTEN in Albany. “If you don’t, I’m going to pay a visit with my carbine to one of those tech companies you are so proud of and shoot every spoiled Ivy League [expletive] I can find.”
[LEFT]
[/LEFT]

State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and State Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos reportedly received the email, as did State Assembly Majority Leader Ron Canestrari. The governor’s office did not tell the New York Daily News whether the governor received the email.
The email, with the threatening subject line of, “time to kill the wealthy,” was detailed and disturbing.
[LEFT]
Read more: Email: 'Time to kill the wealthy' - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

[/LEFT]

Last edited by Jermaine88; 10-06-2011 at 01:32 PM..

Old 10-06-2011, 01:29 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,171 times
Sounds good to me. No doubt some college republican or state rep's staffer wrote that email though. I mean c'mon, gun reference and superfluous attack on ivy league schools? Definitely a right-wing false flag. Keep your powder dry, patriots.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:31 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,128 times
Leftists have always been known to be a violent bunch.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:35 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Leftists have always been known to be a violent bunch.
well ya know...if they bring a knife...you should bring a gun.....

Old 10-06-2011, 01:38 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
well ya know...if they bring a knife...you should bring a gun.....
They are Obama's army on the march. He supports them they support him, there's no doubt about it.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
there a bunch of money and the people on the bottom want it.
you know those FEMA detention centers they say dont exist????, if monkey biz is pulled they are guna fill up mighty fast.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...n0001-1-1-.jpg

Old 10-06-2011, 02:02 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
This is getting dangerous now.
Class Warfare is closer then ever. There are some who want the Occupy Wall Street protesters to get violent. These are Dangerous times.
Basically this email was sent to a few NY Law Makers.
[/LEFT]
So....erm...Jermaine... what is your point? How likely is this, hmmm?? FAIL.

H

Old 10-06-2011, 02:03 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
As horrible as it sounds, I wouldn't rule out yet another Shay's Revolution in this country, for good or bad. I've seen this on bumper stickers a lot since 2009...

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I guess that is calling for peace.

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 10-06-2011 at 02:49 PM..

Old 10-06-2011, 04:53 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
So....erm...Jermaine... what is your point? How likely is this, hmmm?? FAIL.

H
Well it's my was my opinion that with that type of violent rhetoric, things could get pretty dangerous.

How is posting a news article and posting my opinion a "fail?"

I thought my opinion and the quote/article was pretty straight forward.

Eh whatever.

Fast Fingers on the internet.

/golfclap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies