Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:44 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,790,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
''By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise.''

''It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.''

''It is not truth that matters, but victory.''

''All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.''

''Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.''

Adolf Hitler
Uh oh. Obama using rhetorical tactics the same as hitler will get you in trouble, don't you know?

Can't be pointing out the similarities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 08:50 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,325,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The teacher himself says he hasn't lost his job and has not met Obama and you still refuse to believe that Obama could have lied to get support for his jobs bill.

The propaganda machine is winning folks.
Did Robert receive pink slips? Yes he did. Is that what he said?

In the past, most (both people and the media), accepted the generality of a elected officials knowing a persons story and having them present as meeting them, and didn't make anything of it. But if you want to spend the time examining every word every one says, just to make a point, go right ahead. I'd rather look for what the message is/was. We are loosing good teachers.

(for a example, when I go to a political candidate press conference, I meet with the candidate. did he speak to me privately. no. But it was still a meeting between me & him, and everyone else who was there. And all those who were their will say they met with the candidate).

I would defend the usage of the words, no matter who was in the white house.

Last edited by plannine; 10-08-2011 at 09:43 AM..

Old 10-08-2011, 08:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,131,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Did Robert receive pink slips? Yes he did. Is that what he said?

In the past, most (both people and the media), accepted the generality of a elected officials knowing a persons story and having them present as meeting them, and didn't make anything of it. But if you want to spend the time examining every word every one says, just to make a point, go right ahead. I'd rather look for what the message is/was. We are loosing good teachers.
So you believe "the spirit of the message" even though it's not based on facts ?

But the administrators don't have to worry. Better to complain to your school board that teachers are more important than administrators.

What good is an "administrator of curriculum instruction" if you have no one to teach it ?

Old 10-08-2011, 09:21 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,193,363 times
IIRC, Reagan told a few of those "whoppers", too. But he is a saint, committed no wrongs.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:30 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,790,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
IIRC, Reagan told a few of those "whoppers", too. But he is a saint, committed no wrongs.
Try and stay on topic - this thread is about one of obama's many lies.

Go ahead, start a thread on Reagan's "whoppers".

Old 10-08-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So you believe "the spirit of the message" even though it's not based on facts ?

What facts are missing.

Is he a teacher? Yes
Did he receive a pink slip. Yes
Was he at a meeting that the president was at. Yes

As far a school administrators, most public school districts and charter schools are over administrated.(And many of the administrators and too many school boards are more about playing politics then fixing schools).

Old 10-08-2011, 09:36 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,595,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

At least the economy was better -it was 20 years ago why don't we live in the present shall we???

Old 10-08-2011, 09:40 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,282,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
What facts are missing.

Is he a teacher? Yes
Did he receive a pink slip. Yes
Was he at a meeting that the president was at. Yes

In that same vein:

I am a coach, so I am a teacher of baseball.
I was fired once.
I have watched a meeting, on TV, while the president was talking.

Is he (me) a teacher? Yes
Did he (I) recieve a pink slip? Yes
Was he (I) at a meeting that the president was at. Yes

Wow, that works. This is fun.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:50 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,193,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
At least the economy was better -it was 20 years ago why don't we live in the present shall we???
What a deflection!

I did start a new thread.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
In that same vein:

I am a coach, so I am a teacher of baseball.
I was fired once.
I have watched a meeting, on TV, while the president was talking.

Is he (me) a teacher? Yes
Did he (I) recieve a pink slip? Yes
Was he (I) at a meeting that the president was at. Yes

Wow, that works. This is fun.
I'd give you a pass on #1, since teaching requires documented qualifications before you can teach, and being a coach at many levels doesn't.
For you, I would say no on item #3. Since the opportunity of 2 way communication was not there.
(You can shout at the TV all you want, but nobody else will blink a eye over it)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies