U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-07-2011, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Gone
25,237 posts, read 13,333,050 times
Reputation: 5915

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Am I the only one who thinks recreational drug users shouldn't have guns?
You mean drugs like Alcohol, the most dangerous drug?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-07-2011, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Sinking in the Great Salt Lake
12,914 posts, read 18,480,490 times
Reputation: 13750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You mean drugs like Alcohol, the most dangerous drug?
Yes. Only devout mormons should own guns.

Seriously, do you really think the two compare? Humans have been drinking alcohol on a wide scale for thousands of years. We've adapted to deal with the effects, and are pretty much back the normal the next morning no matter how much we drink. Marijuana, not so much; THC stays in the system for about a month.

That said, nobody should be handling a firearm while under the influence of anything.

Last edited by Chango; 10-07-2011 at 04:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2011, 04:16 PM
 
Location: SW Missouri
15,535 posts, read 29,284,603 times
Reputation: 21282
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post


You need to check again, the judicial branch doesn't make laws! And the Congress passed the legislation outlawing the purchase of fire arms by individuals who use illegal drugs.





Since you don't have the slightest clue about what powers what branch has, your argument is risible at best.

ok, so shoot me, I meant to say legislative branch. Trying to do too many things at once. Brainfahrt. Sorry.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2011, 04:17 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 31,093,367 times
Reputation: 14878
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
ok, so shoot me, I meant to say legislative branch. Trying to do too many things at once. Brainfahrt. Sorry.

20yrsinBranson
Cool, I make the same mistake as well. It wasn't fair... well maybe

Either way, you do recognize that the prohibition on sale of firearms to those who smoke marijuana has been on the 4473 since it was first printed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2011, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Way,Way Up On The Old East Coast
2,179 posts, read 1,672,559 times
Reputation: 1072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So now if I use medical Marijuana, I can't buy a gun ?????????????

What about if I use medical Viagra ???? Or non medical Red Bull ????

When did we decide that the Feds should tell us how to live our lives?

And what does taking a medication have to do with buying a gun????????????

BUT..... If I pose as a Mexican Drug Dealer, I can get all the guns I want....... THANKS OBAMA !!!!!!!!

The Federal Government is absolutely out of control. We should totally abolish the ATF and the DEA. This is what the idiots protesting wall street should be protesting.


"DENVER ó You can have your gun, or you can have your medical marijuana. But the Obama administration now says you canít have both.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is in the crosshairs for a recent memo prohibiting gun merchants from selling firearms to anyone who uses marijuana, including those with state-issued medical-marijuana cards."




Medical-pot users fuming over ATF's gun-sale ban - Washington Times
Roadking2003 !!! ... On The Friggin Money !

Indeed ..... "Out Of Control" is putting it mildly !

It appears as if the entire political circus in the ole "Yankee City" of D.C. has truly gone stock raving mad !!!!!

"May The Saints Preserve Us All" ! Cheers / Old Sgt. Lamar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2011, 04:26 PM
 
1,460 posts, read 1,612,876 times
Reputation: 1398
Nanny state hope and change suckers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2011, 04:26 PM
 
Location: SWUS
5,414 posts, read 7,638,442 times
Reputation: 5781
What I find amusing is that medical marijuana users may not feel the need to own a gun if marijuana was legalized across the board.


Way to go, REMFs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2011, 04:28 PM
 
760 posts, read 571,004 times
Reputation: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Seriously, do you really think the two compare? Humans have been drinking alcohol on a wide scale for thousands of years. We've adapted to deal with the effects, and are pretty much back the normal the next morning no matter how much we drink. Marijuana, not so much; THC stays in the system for about a month.
This was meant as a joke right? I mean, really? There can't be people out there that actually believe this. Good god
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2011, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,243 posts, read 14,753,473 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So now if I use medical Marijuana, I can't buy a gun ?????????????

What about if I use medical Viagra ???? Or non medical Red Bull ????

When did we decide that the Feds should tell us how to live our lives?

And what does taking a medication have to do with buying a gun????????????

BUT..... If I pose as a Mexican Drug Dealer, I can get all the guns I want....... THANKS OBAMA !!!!!!!!

The Federal Government is absolutely out of control. We should totally abolish the ATF and the DEA. This is what the idiots protesting wall street should be protesting.


"DENVER ó You can have your gun, or you can have your medical marijuana. But the Obama administration now says you canít have both.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is in the crosshairs for a recent memo prohibiting gun merchants from selling firearms to anyone who uses marijuana, including those with state-issued medical-marijuana cards."




Medical-pot users fuming over ATF's gun-sale ban - Washington Times
That you don't know why, is the reason why you should not be able to own a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2011, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Sinking in the Great Salt Lake
12,914 posts, read 18,480,490 times
Reputation: 13750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
This was meant as a joke right? I mean, really? There can't be people out there that actually believe this. Good god
Which point?

People have been drinking for a LOOOONG time...
History of alcoholic beverages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


THC stays in the system for a long time and has negative side effects...
Tetrahydrocannabinol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

handling guns while drunk is stupid...

Police: Drunk Dad Misfires, Kills Daughter - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top