U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 09:44 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,034,071 times

Advertisements

Reading the responses here, it is clear that the original post is a failure. Quite a few admitted liberals have owned up to hating Apple.

Personally, I am very liberal and I hate all of them, for different reasons. I don't hate ANY of them because they make a lot of money. The American public is to blame for that, not the company.

I could detail, in depth, why I hate each of those companies, but that's not what this thread is for. This thread was created so liberals could explain why they love Apple. I think it has been made clear that a lot of us don't.

Sorry to burst your generalization bubble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 11:00 PM

10,452 posts, read 10,241,052 times
I'm liberal and I don't hate Apple...or Walmart...and I don't care about Exxon.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:08 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,147,477 times
Because they actaully think they are like Job;s;who is really the greatest capitlaist of his time;so far. 6.1 bilion networth by 2009. A mna who showe a single perosn can creat great things. Nothiglike the liberal ;I am attitude that i am too dumb to creat anyhtig of value .so give me some of someone who isn't. that is really what they are saying'otherwsie they would be too busy to stand around in streets shouting.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:14 PM

5,532 posts, read 5,725,788 times
The big oil companies sell something we can't do without, a life necessity, holding the people by the balls. Healthcare providers are in the same category. On the other hand, apple is perceived as selling toys that people like, but these are just toys.
Personally, I don't hate (or like) any corporation. I deal with them in a matter of fact fashion.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:27 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,034,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I'm liberal and I don't hate Apple...or Walmart...and I don't care about Exxon.
And I hate them both.

GASP!

All liberals are not alike!

Old 10-07-2011, 11:37 PM

10,452 posts, read 10,241,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
And I hate them both.

GASP!

All liberals are not alike!

Old 10-08-2011, 12:29 AM

29,419 posts, read 17,975,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I believe oil industry profit was around $38 billion on the 1st quarter alone, and if the government throws in another $4B a year, then I don't know what to tell you. There is more to it than just plain profits. No one hates profits per se. It is about the big oil making huge profits on a produce that is considered a necessity, - like food. People pay $4.00 per gallon and are hurting, and then they see big oil post record profits time after time, and they know it's from their pockets. You don't have to buy an IPhone, but you have to buy gas. There is a big difference.
People are stupid. They make so much profit because so much gas is sold. The oil haters never say a squeak about the "obscene profits" the government gets out of em. .40-.60 cents a gallon. Big oil gets around a nickel. Like I said people are stupid.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:56 AM

397 posts, read 700,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
The big oil companies sell something we can't do without, a life necessity, holding the people by the balls. Healthcare providers are in the same category. On the other hand, apple is perceived as selling toys that people like, but these are just toys.
Personally, I don't hate (or like) any corporation. I deal with them in a matter of fact fashion.
Irrational thinking.

Again, the house I "needed" in 2007 should have been sold to me at a lower price so the owner could not make an excessive profit?

Old 10-08-2011, 08:12 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,642,856 times
A life necessity... seriously?

So people can't live without it... hm... I wonder how people lived thousands of years before we had gasoline and oil.

Ride a darn bike. I've lived for 3 years without a car. And I live in Texas (the most car active place on the planet). It is possible. If you don't like gasoline then just live somewhere that you don't have to use it.

Liberals love to pretend they are for weening the world off gasoline, but they aren't willing to do it in their own life. Very hypocritical.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:35 AM

17,022 posts, read 9,082,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Progressive/liberal here who hates Apple.

Here's the thing:

The majority of Americans are stupid.

They will hate what the media tells them to hate.

And nothing screams more than "buy me now and love me" than Apple, regardless of the fact that (outside of their phones), they typically put out an inferior product for almost double the price.

Which, again, speaks to the general idiocy of America.

And yes, the right wing does exhibit this idiocy as well.

We are all too aware of this "Progressive/ liberal" line of thinking and method of operation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies