U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 11:09 PM

13,624 posts, read 10,734,444 times

Advertisements

dang are at it again what warm and fuzzy bunch...

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-08-2011 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 12:24 AM

3,704 posts, read 4,156,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Spaniards (though admittedly, not in Catalonia) also think bull fighting is "brave" and a "noble sport."

Yeah, a man with arrows and a sword killing a bull is so virtuous.

I don't advocate the killing of dogs for fun, sport, or religion, but I also don't advocate the killing of bulls for the same reasons. Millions of Spaniards disagree with me. If they would get their own house in order, it would be easier to agree with them on the "unnecessary killing of animals" front.
That's nice, but what does that have to do with a bunch of ass-backwards extremists killing dogs because their fairytale tells them that dogs are unclean?

Old 10-08-2011, 12:33 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,040,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
That's nice, but what does that have to do with a bunch of ass-backwards extremists killing dogs because their fairytale tells them that dogs are unclean?
It makes as much sense as a bunch of ass-backward extremists killing bulls because their fairy tale tells them killing bulls is "virtuous."

Dumbass.

Read up on why Spaniards kill bulls.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:40 AM

3,704 posts, read 4,156,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
It makes as much sense as a bunch of ass-backward extremists killing bulls because their fairy tale tells them killing bulls is "virtuous."

Dumbass.

Read up on why Spaniards kill bulls.
I know why they kill bulls and I'm not a big fan of bullfighting, especially since the bull is often exhausted before the actually fight so there is no real sport to it. The Spanish aren't the only ones to do it either. Mexicans do it too.

So is your entire argument that since bullfighting is enjoyed by many Spaniards, that we can completely ignore what appears to be religiously motivated animal cruelty of another kind? So if a bunch of Western soldiers went around raping women in Afghanistan would that be acceptable considering the state of women's rights in Afghanistan?

So either bullfighting is your little pet peeve or you are trying to change the subject because admitting that letting a bunch of extremist religious fundamentalists in a mostly secular country in the name of tolerance is an extremely bad idea would be too much for you.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:46 AM

222 posts, read 185,664 times
*Sigh* Muslims. If they don't like our western culture then go the hell back to the big Sandbox.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:48 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,178,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingObeat View Post
*Sigh* Muslims. If they don't like our western culture then go the hell back to the big Sandbox.

I've got a "sandbox" in my utility room where my cat can bury them...

Old 10-08-2011, 01:07 AM

2,075 posts, read 1,780,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingObeat View Post
I think Muslims are unclean. They do indeed need to
go back to the big sanddox.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:49 AM

13,169 posts, read 9,264,725 times
I think the major point is that Islam will not adapt nor assimilate. And it will impose its rules on any society it can.
Whether you care to admit it or not, they are waging a religious war against non-Islamic people worldwide.
Europe and Asia fought for centuries to contain Islam. It looks like America will eventually have to, as well.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:11 AM

7,306 posts, read 4,000,911 times
Dogs are my favorite people.

Even Hitler liked dogs.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:11 AM

14,095 posts, read 23,040,459 times
Typical. Liberals are here to defend Islam by deflecting onto other groups,...AGAIN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies