Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 09:31 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Who called it news? Sorry SOME can't stand humor....

And, it's "belief".
It's bad enough they hate "educated elites", but really, how can we expect Palin fanatics to care about spelling or grammar (let alone irony), when even their "idol" talks like this?!!

• "I want creationism as the only theory taught in our schools"
• "I don't know a lot about Iran, I just heard that they are bad people"
• "But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies."
• "Unless government appropriately regulates oil developments and holds oil executives accountable, the public will not trust them to drill, baby, drill. And we must!"
• "'Refudiate,' 'misunderestimate,' 'wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!'"
• "I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism. And I have a communications degree."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 09:37 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Google is your friend....
Nice try....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IgfkP69AC0

Last edited by shadowne; 10-07-2011 at 09:53 PM..

Old 10-07-2011, 11:47 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
It's bad enough they hate "educated elites", but really, how can we expect Palin fanatics to care about spelling or grammar (let alone irony), when even their "idol" talks like this?!!

• "I want creationism as the only theory taught in our schools"
• "I don't know a lot about Iran, I just heard that they are bad people"
• "But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies."
• "Unless government appropriately regulates oil developments and holds oil executives accountable, the public will not trust them to drill, baby, drill. And we must!"
• "'Refudiate,' 'misunderestimate,' 'wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!'"
• "I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism. And I have a communications degree."
Don't confuse people who respect her for being a women in the political field, trying to hold her own. With those on the left who need an "idol" or "rock star" for a leader.

President Obama says plenty of lame things, don't you know!!

Old 10-08-2011, 03:54 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Don't confuse people who respect her for being a women in the political field, trying to hold her own. With those on the left who need an "idol" or "rock star" for a leader.

President Obama says plenty of lame things, don't you know!!
Yes, I know what Obama has said because in every thread on what stupid thing some Repug has said the rightie's ONLY defense has been to go Off Topic with , "But But Obama..blah blah blah.!"

I don't respect anyone because they are a certain sex and in the political field.....they have to have more than that to earn respect...

And, Palin is probably giddy with delight that Stewart mentioned her...I mean she wants SOMEBODY to mention her...ANYBODY! Please!!

She, the darling of the Repugs, their "awesome" speech maker, is fading fast, the money is drying up... she can't even generate Righty interest in this thread Even her most ardent CD fans are strangely missing...

Old 10-08-2011, 08:16 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
If Herman Cain continues to rise, he'll fill the void. They've already started on him, though I admit, nothing will every match the hatred and vile they had for Palin. But dont worry, the party of hate will surely find others to try and hate just as much as they hated her. Right now, Cain who has been doing well in the polls, is their next target. A black man who they see as a traitor to blacks, an inauthentic black man in their eyes.
I don't see any of that, and I would like to see something that supports your comments.
There is a world of difference between Herman Cain and Sarah Palin, ignoring race and gender. Mr. Cain comes across as a well-spoken guy who is doing his homework. He appears to me to be intelligent and thoughtful and has a positive approach that's more directed toward solving problems than attacking the other side.
He's quick on the comeback in his replies to the other candidates, and always makes good points in the debates. He obviously reads widely, and knows a lot about a lot of different stuff.
He handles himself with dignity, and has a warm personality.

Even so, I don't think he will get the nomination, simply because he's too new on the scene. If he decides to make another run in 2016, I believe he will come on stronger then than now.

Cain is a guy Democrats would respect just as much as Republicans, given some seasoning. From everything I've seen on the liberal sites, Dems do not hate him. I can't say anything about the black community, but I seriously doubt they hate him- why would they? He's just as much a self-made success story as Obama.

Nor did the Dems hate Palin. They, and a lot of Repubs, thought she was totally unfit for the job of being President of the United States. They didn't fear her, either... as a candidate, she was going to make the next election an easy skate for Obama going into a 2nd term. All that stuff is just Teabagger nonsense, and always was.
Suck it up. Even Sarah knew she wasn't qualified. It was obvious for months that the closer she got to the deadline, the less she wanted to run. She wanted to keep her money, not blow it all on a sure-fire losing campaign.

And most of all, she knew she couldn't quit if, by some miracle of civic idiocy, she was elected. She quit every other elected job she ever won after being the mayor of Wasilla. Being the mayor of a little town the size of Wasilla ain't nothing special, either...

Avoid lumpage, Buc. Not all black folks by any means hate folks of their race who rise above their raisings. To believe any group of Americans all feel the same way is not only racist, but stupid. The country is rapidly losing all those stereotypes you seem to cherish so much.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:32 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Jon, You rule!

Old 10-08-2011, 08:40 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
his already been called an Oreo by a democratic woman cant think of her name " black on the outside white on the inside" her words.

Yep but this is okay from the libs right? Wow and they say the right is racist

Old 10-08-2011, 08:53 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, I know what Obama has said because in every thread on what stupid thing some Repug has said the rightie's ONLY defense has been to go Off Topic with , "But But Obama..blah blah blah.!"
Just like you President Obama supporters go off on a rant about President Bush every time spending is brought up. Failing to realize Bush is gone it's Obama's job now to quit spending.
Let's not forget his recent I didn't know about Fast & Furious, you'd think if Eric Holder went behind his back and conducted this heads would roll. What's that say about him or the people who work for him.
Quote:
I don't respect anyone because they are a certain sex and in the political field.....they have to have more than that to earn respect...
You don't seem to know what respect is...........I don't care for President Obama, I respect him as our President, but I don't agree with 98% of what he says. Do you approve of the left wearing shirts calling her a C***???
Quote:
And, Palin is probably giddy with delight that Stewart mentioned her...I mean she wants SOMEBODY to mention her...ANYBODY! Please!!
Know I doubt she even cares and it's probably a little creepy that the left talks about her so much.
Quote:
She, the darling of the Repugs, their "awesome" speech maker, is fading fast, the money is drying up... she can't even generate Righty interest in this thread Even her most ardent CD fans are strangely missing...
Mainly because people like you say the same olé thing about her it's just beating a dead horse. I don't want her for President, but she has every right to get out and rally her side of the political field.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:10 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Liberals in mourning. Where will they get their bread and butter now without their cash cow?

Bachmann, Perry, Gingrich...

Take your pick. It's a cavalcade of clowns.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:19 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I don't see any of that, and I would like to see something that supports your comments.
There is a world of difference between Herman Cain and Sarah Palin, ignoring race and gender. Mr. Cain comes across as a well-spoken guy who is doing his homework. He appears to me to be intelligent and thoughtful and has a positive approach that's more directed toward solving problems than attacking the other side.
He's quick on the comeback in his replies to the other candidates, and always makes good points in the debates. He obviously reads widely, and knows a lot about a lot of different stuff.
He handles himself with dignity, and has a warm personality.

Even so, I don't think he will get the nomination, simply because he's too new on the scene. If he decides to make another run in 2016, I believe he will come on stronger then than now.

Cain is a guy Democrats would respect just as much as Republicans, given some seasoning. From everything I've seen on the liberal sites, Dems do not hate him. I can't say anything about the black community, but I seriously doubt they hate him- why would they? He's just as much a self-made success story as Obama.

Nor did the Dems hate Palin. They, and a lot of Repubs, thought she was totally unfit for the job of being President of the United States. They didn't fear her, either... as a candidate, she was going to make the next election an easy skate for Obama going into a 2nd term. All that stuff is just Teabagger nonsense, and always was.
Suck it up. Even Sarah knew she wasn't qualified. It was obvious for months that the closer she got to the deadline, the less she wanted to run. She wanted to keep her money, not blow it all on a sure-fire losing campaign.

And most of all, she knew she couldn't quit if, by some miracle of civic idiocy, she was elected. She quit every other elected job she ever won after being the mayor of Wasilla. Being the mayor of a little town the size of Wasilla ain't nothing special, either...

Avoid lumpage, Buc. Not all black folks by any means hate folks of their race who rise above their raisings. To believe any group of Americans all feel the same way is not only racist, but stupid. The country is rapidly losing all those stereotypes you seem to cherish so much.
Look at Odonnels interview with Cain. Look at some of what other Dems are saying about him. He's already being attacked. And should he win the nomination these attacks will get very, very ugly and nasty. They are already going after him for being "not black enough".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies