Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2011, 10:44 AM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times

Advertisements

Are we sweeping this under the rug? Or are republicans playing the waiting game, until the 2012 elections get closer?

To recap:

She is facing charges from the House ethics committee that she intervened on behalf of OneUnited Bank at the height of the recession, after it lost $50 million on an investment it held in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the federal housing finance agencies. The panel has accused her of of helping to steer bailout money to a bank in which her husband, Sidney Williams, owned shares.

Maxine Waters News - The New York Times

Summer of Corruption: Maxine Waters Update: House Ethics panel releases charges

Maybe I missed this, and she has already been found guilty and punished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 10:48 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
I hope whomever is in charge of the ethics panel will hold out until Summer 2012, and then drop the bombshell on all the Democratic House ethics violators....who to my knowledge happen to all be black.....in order to tarnish Democrats even further.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is the plan. If so, I believe it's a noble plan indeed.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:56 AM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I hope whomever is in charge of the ethics panel will hold out until Summer 2012, and then drop the bombshell on all the Democratic House ethics violators....who to my knowledge happen to all be black.....in order to tarnish Democrats even further.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is the plan. If so, I believe it's a noble plan indeed.
This is what I tend to believe. Then again, its a big club, and maybe they all want to let her slide; I mean, how else can the rest of them get rich if they can't use the power of their office in a dishonest and self serving manner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies