U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 06:44 PM

5,037 posts, read 4,186,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by califcamper View Post
Well Im not saying that they arent causing some issues, but my god atleat they are
protesting something, I think its good they are causing some problems because atleast
it brings awareness to the whole situation. Thats what protesting is about duh?, and these are people that are fed up, perhaps were residents that lost their houses, so
as far as the "local residents", it will all be over soon and things can go right back to there
normal problems, like paying there mortgages and taxes, and not having jobs, perhaps
soon there will be no trash pick up in cities cause our government is out of money.
And as far as a problem at the local McDonalds and Burger King, lets not go into how useless those establishments truly are, I mean everything they serve is unhealthy, they
use parttime workers not paying them a dime for benefits, so a few unclean bathrooms
oh well they'll live another day to ruin the health of many more brainwashed americans.
And your complaning about Leftists, I guess your letting us know your a sweet rightist
that doesnt care about this country right? How about another 10 years for the war in
Iraq? Right?

But how hard is it to do so respectfully? Sure, many of them are probably decent people. Yet there seems to be a large number of them who dont know how to respect others, who dont know how to respect the law, and dont know how to not be obstructive.

And yes, its great to be able to protest. But if you look at some of the interviews, many of these people dont really seem to know why they are there.

Also, it seems many of the worst are attracted to this protest. Admitted communists, anti-semites, marxists. And we cant forget the stoners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 06:46 PM

26 posts, read 47,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I seem to recall a story that when Glenn Beck had his "take America back" meetup in Washington DC, that the grounds were actually left CLEANER than before the protest.

Either people have honor and integrity or they do not. These people are only mad because their ENTITLEMENT ran out and now they are faced with the potential horror of going to work for a living.

They are the dregs of society. We'd be better off without them.

20yrsinBranson
Yeah and the take america back protest did abolutely nothing perhaps cause they
were all walking around picking up all the trash, and mowing, and weeding
the grounds, and washing the sidewalks too.
Anyone that even listens to Glen Beck ought to get out of this country!

Old 10-07-2011, 07:00 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,515,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I seem to recall a story that when Glenn Beck had his "take America back" meetup in Washington DC, that the grounds were actually left CLEANER than before the protest.

Either people have honor and integrity or they do not. These people are only mad because their ENTITLEMENT ran out and now they are faced with the potential horror of going to work for a living.

They are the dregs of society. We'd be better off without them.

20yrsinBranson
Be careful with this line of reasoning.

The most hedonist of all the deals...Burning man...is famous for completing obliterating its footprint and leaving the desert better than it was.

And they really are one of the ends of one of the branches...

Glenn Beck would not stand a chance in comparison.

And by the way the Wall Street occupiers seem more anarchist to me than any political belief...in fact they don't seem to be able to articulate what it is they are against...

Old 10-07-2011, 07:17 PM

11,449 posts, read 13,923,388 times
America needs laws that strictly prohibit all demonstrations.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:20 PM

8,164 posts, read 9,374,334 times
Is there some kind of law preventing charging for use of one's facilities? Ie, either you buy something or you pay to use my property. Seems perfectly reasonable.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:21 PM

1,460 posts, read 1,612,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
America needs laws that strictly prohibit all demonstrations.
Or an IQ test would be nice.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:22 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,883,594 times
All we really need is a return to the US Constitution. Our country would not be in this mess had the Marx lovers not hijacked it starting with Wilson and grown the federal government to its current abuses of power.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:23 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,098,930 times
Some are their own worse enemy.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:26 PM

2,447 posts, read 2,576,643 times
I'm sure people were annoyed at the Civil rights and Vietnam protests as well, but guess what? Social change doesn't come easy. I'm sure the government and elites would all like us to go back in our homes and get numbed down by television.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:28 PM

2,617 posts, read 1,990,301 times
How come I don't any of these radical commies armed like the tea baggers were?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies