Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 07:59 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,282,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Neighborhood residents and small businesses fed up with rude Occupy Wall St Protesters..
And I'm fed up with the racist tea party movement, it's called freedom of speech, 1st amendment rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 08:13 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,586,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I seem to recall a story that when Glenn Beck had his "take America back" meetup in Washington DC, that the grounds were actually left CLEANER than before the protest.

Either people have honor and integrity or they do not. These people are only mad because their ENTITLEMENT ran out and now they are faced with the potential horror of going to work for a living.

They are the dregs of society. We'd be better off without them.

20yrsinBranson
Exactly!!

Old 10-16-2011, 09:35 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,401,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
And I'm fed up with the racist tea party movement, it's called freedom of speech, 1st amendment rights.
It's called squatting in a privately owned park.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:46 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,480,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Lol, and its the OWS whatever that has Nazi support!

Old 10-17-2011, 11:31 PM

26 posts, read 54,015 times
Default people amaze me, and now it gets deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Exactly!!
It amazes how people can agree with someone that has probably never been
to a demonstration in there lives, (if Im wrong please list them all), then makes opinions about who they are without truly going to check on it themselves. And if they would just truly listen to whats going on out there they would actually here that its not the dredges of society. Its people of all types, many who have fought wars to give you the rights to even write on this board. I believe truly it has to do with the fact that people dont really wanna know whats going on out there cause if they did they would have to face the fact that things are that bad. For example, its easy to use computers
ipods, android devices, and if all of a sudden there was a protest against the fact that little children put these things together, work endless hours, have no health benefits, etc.., I could see people being totally against that protest, (just like this one)
because all of a sudden they would have to deal with the fact that they are contributing towards this terrible legal crime.
Its a scary world when people have a chance to try and change things but never do.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:39 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,190,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by califcamper View Post
It amazes how people can agree with someone that has probably never been
to a demonstration in there lives, (if Im wrong please list them all), then makes opinions about who they are without truly going to check on it themselves. And if they would just truly listen to whats going on out there they would actually here that its not the dredges of society. Its people of all types, many who have fought wars to give you the rights to even write on this board. I believe truly it has to do with the fact that people dont really wanna know whats going on out there cause if they did they would have to face the fact that things are that bad. For example, its easy to use computers
ipods, android devices, and if all of a sudden there was a protest against the fact that little children put these things together, work endless hours, have no health benefits, etc..
, I could see people being totally against that protest, (just like this one)
because all of a sudden they would have to deal with the fact that they are contributing towards this terrible legal crime.
Its a scary world when people have a chance to try and change things but never do.
I think about those people all the time. Yes, we are all contributing to horrible things, whether we realize it or not.

Last edited by herefornow; 10-18-2011 at 12:02 AM..

Old 10-17-2011, 11:47 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,499,564 times
God Bless these honorable and noble protestors who are taking a stand for us all. Well, for about 75% of us, the Tea Party crowd is on the side of Wall Street and the banksters.

For the rest of us, they speak the truth about capitalism run amok.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:57 PM

26 posts, read 54,015 times
Default message deleted by (moderator) caseyb

Excuse me for writing a reply to the 20yrsinbranson, that got deleted. I was upset due to the fact that this person wrote about dredges of society and that there "entitlement" ran out. That upset me that this person wrote something that ignorant, when you say "entitlement", first of all need to write that people pay high taxes all of there life, when they get laid off, you collect unempl. for about 6 months maybe a little longer with extension. This is "entitled" because they pay and we all pay taxes. Another "entitlement" is social security, of which are seniors get because they have paid into that all of there life too. If that ran out, I guarantee they would be out there by the millions protesting. I just want to get the dredges of society straight, cause your talking about all of American Citizens. If we keep letting the people that run wall street, our government, and the rich run this society its gonna be where no one even gets social security. If we dont get out there by the serious masses your eventially gonna see blood in the streets. Because those of here talking bad about the protesters will eventially lose their jobs and it will get worse and worse. Eventially there wont be enough (were already there in some cities) money to pay police, then guess what? When you call them they wont be there. Where I live there is already a 45 minute wait to see a police officer, even in an emergency. You know what that means? When someone is breaking into your house, your not gonna get a cop out to help you, they will eventially get there but its gonna be clean up time to whatever happened. Thats whats happening, its very serious, so when people talk this way it is really disrespectful to the people that are actually trying to do something. Sorry so long of a post.
One more thing to Caseyb the moderator that deleted my post, in your reply back to me you wrote in a private message:
"When you make fun of another member's user name, call them an "idiot" - expect to have your post deleted or worse.

P.S. Jeff Beck is/was a musician."

I would just like to say, the worse sounds like your threatening me, so please clarify and also many Nazis were also musicians so the reference
to the fact that you obviously like Jeff Beck, so it would not surprise me that
any "rude"comments aimed at the dredges of society are ok, right?

Old 10-17-2011, 11:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,347,963 times
wall st is fed up with people drawing attention to their rip off of the american people.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:07 AM

6,864 posts, read 12,062,881 times
Being that Manhattan, which includes the Wall St area is represented by Democrats locally, state and federal and the voters are around 70% democrat, can we conclude that democrat residents and democrat businesses are fed up with the democrat wall street protestors.
Where's the solidarity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies