U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-08-2011, 05:34 PM
 
Location: Michigan
5,370 posts, read 4,501,542 times
Reputation: 1627

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
One has to wonder what evidence is not in the article that a Grand Jury chose not to follow the state police recommendation of charges, and why.

Is it any wonder fewer and fewer Amricans trust their government when they seem to get a pass on everything that would get the average citizen seriously convicted/fined?
Since it is average citizens on a grand jury, I guess you can't trust them either.

Last edited by plannine; 10-08-2011 at 05:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-08-2011, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
14,095 posts, read 23,040,459 times
Reputation: 7958
No matter which political party she belongs to, she should have been brought up on all the charges and either received jail or probation along with hefty fines for her crimes. If it would have been me who was driving the wrong way and killed someone, I'd still be in jail. But she's a politician so she got off easy,...until the wrongful death lawsuit. Wish I could sit on that jury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 06:45 PM
 
19,216 posts, read 12,518,225 times
Reputation: 2337
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Since it is average citizens on a grand jury, I guess you can't trust them either.
Yeah, but nobody knows their name or where they live, of if they in fact do.

Live, that is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 07:52 PM
 
3,513 posts, read 3,125,395 times
Reputation: 1357
i know im in the minority here, but i dont see why she is getting so much heat.

ok, she got in the wrong lane, hit and killed somebody. unfortunate, but from what i read there were no signs of her being drunk or anything.

accidents happen everyday, why is this accident such a big deal?

the most questionable thing i read was her kid being ejected, her picking the kid up and putting him back into his seat, then lying about it.

a car accident is an accident. i dont think she should be in prison.

if she was drunk id agree with you guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 09:56 PM
 
16,785 posts, read 19,732,232 times
Reputation: 33234
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i know im in the minority here, but i dont see why she is getting so much heat.

ok, she got in the wrong lane, hit and killed somebody. unfortunate, but from what i read there were no signs of her being drunk or anything.

accidents happen everyday, why is this accident such a big deal?

the most questionable thing i read was her kid being ejected, her picking the kid up and putting him back into his seat, then lying about it.

a car accident is an accident. i dont think she should be in prison.

if she was drunk id agree with you guys
You're wrong. Below is from the article.

"Last December, Williams was driving a 2010 Honda CRV on U.S. Highway 385 near Amarillo with her grown son and two grandchildren in the car.Investigators said the Honda drifted into the oncoming lane of traffic, colliding with a 2003 GMC Yukon driven by an Amarillo man. The man's wife, Brianna "Brie" Gomez, 30, was a passenger in the SUV."

What was she doing that she "drifted" into oncoming traffic?

You shouldn't get a pass for reckless and dangerous driving just because you're not drunk or high.

And speaking of high, is she on any prescription meds that could impact her driving?

Was she texting?

Sorry, you don't get a pass because you weren't drunk. She clearly wasn't paying attention to the task at hand, which was driving.

And if you can't see why it is such a big deal, a young woman pregnant killed due to someones stupidity.

That is about as sad as it gets.

I can't even imagine the grief Mr. Gomez is going through, I hope he has a lot of support around him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 09:59 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
61,069 posts, read 30,951,443 times
Reputation: 13016
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Colo. Lawmaker Pleads No Contest In Deadly Texas Crash - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

A prosecutor says the Colorado state senator involved in a crash that killed a pregnant woman in the Texas Panhandle last year has pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of driving on the wrong side of the road.
Sen. Suzanne Williams paid a $200 fine and $68 in court costs, according to Hartley County Attorney Shane Turner. The Amarillo Globe-News reported Friday that Texas law allowed for the dismissal of two seat-belt citations against Williams.

*************************
Rangel ain't got nothing on her.



Was it an illegal alien she manslaughtered?

Must have been?
No civil law suit says, illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 10:08 PM
 
3,513 posts, read 3,125,395 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You're wrong. Below is from the article.

"Last December, Williams was driving a 2010 Honda CRV on U.S. Highway 385 near Amarillo with her grown son and two grandchildren in the car.Investigators said the Honda drifted into the oncoming lane of traffic, colliding with a 2003 GMC Yukon driven by an Amarillo man. The man's wife, Brianna "Brie" Gomez, 30, was a passenger in the SUV."

What was she doing that she "drifted" into oncoming traffic?

You shouldn't get a pass for reckless and dangerous driving just because you're not drunk or high.

And speaking of high, is she on any prescription meds that could impact her driving?

Was she texting?

Sorry, you don't get a pass because you weren't drunk. She clearly wasn't paying attention to the task at hand, which was driving.

And if you can't see why it is such a big deal, a young woman pregnant killed due to someones stupidity.

That is about as sad as it gets.

I can't even imagine the grief Mr. Gomez is going through, I hope he has a lot of support around him.
this stuff happens on a daily basis is what im saying.

we dont know why she veered off into the lane.

could be tired, could be texting, etc. could be anything really.

what are you looking for in terms of a punishment? because regular people arnt going to prison for reckless driving. punishment seems fair with the facts i have. if more comes out i could definitely change my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 10:29 PM
 
Location: County Mayo Descendant
2,725 posts, read 4,924,954 times
Reputation: 1189
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Cases like this are why I support vigilante justice. She deserves whatever horrors might be inflicted upon her.
Yep, I feel the same way at times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 11:54 PM
 
16,785 posts, read 19,732,232 times
Reputation: 33234
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
this stuff happens on a daily basis is what im saying.

we dont know why she veered off into the lane.

could be tired, could be texting, etc. could be anything really.

what are you looking for in terms of a punishment? because regular people arnt going to prison for reckless driving. punishment seems fair with the facts i have. if more comes out i could definitely change my mind.

She veered off because she wasn't paying attention to her driving.

If you're doing the speed limit and paying attention you don't go into oncoming traffic, or end up hitting a tree.

We just had an 18 yr old kill himself by hitting a tree and he wasn't wearing a seat belt in our area. He also "veered off" the road.

The US needs to ban texting to start with.

If she was too tired to drive, she had other licensed drivers in the car with her.

And actually regular people have gone to jail for reckless driving when a death is involved.

It isn't just drunk drivers.

The lack of personal responsibility in this country today is unreal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2011, 12:04 AM
 
Location: Ohio
3,441 posts, read 5,005,267 times
Reputation: 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Was it an illegal alien she manslaughtered?

Must have been?
No civil law suit says, illegal.

You can't file civil until the criminal case is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top