U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 12:33 AM

7,295 posts, read 3,976,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
That's not really a good question. Look at the post I was responding to and it makes perfect sense.

Nice deflection though.
No it doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 12:35 AM

14,920 posts, read 10,729,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
No it doesn't.
Sorry if you can't understand that.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:52 AM

7,295 posts, read 3,976,977 times
Quote:
Sorry if you can't understand that.
How does it relate?

Old 11-22-2012, 01:16 AM

21,018 posts, read 10,639,876 times
Adlai Stevenson shot and killed a 16 year old girl. We won't even mention Ted.Whoops, I guess I just did.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:23 AM

14,095 posts, read 22,981,168 times
Or evade taxes and become head of the Treasury Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
There was no civil case, either.

Yep, she plowed into a woman on the other side of the street. Kids bouncin around her CRV because no one was wearing a seatbelt. She has "no memory" of the crash. At least they saved the dead lady's baby with emergency surgery before she died.

Gomez’s father, Tom White, said Curran Gomez is well.
“There’s no point in a civil case. Our attorney has checked into it,” White said. “There are still a few things to settle, but the insurance is going to work out pretty well. (Williams) did not have a lot of insurance, but we’ll get the bulk of it.”

Colorado state senator pays fine in fatal accident case | Amarillo Globe-News

Seems I was wrong. It was a $299 fine.

You know, if I did this and say "I didn't remember." I'd probably be charged with manslaughter or something. I'm sure the politician feels emotional pain for this. I'd be feeling pain + manslaughter charges.

Oh well. Evade taxes and be Charles Rangel = censure.
Evade taxes and be Wesley Snipes = 3 years in the pen.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Yes, pleaze, your boogie man fears don't mean anything. The important facts were reported, her party had nothing to do with the accident.
The reason why it was pointed out is because on most news stories involving Republican politicians, the fact that he or she is a Republican is printed or mentioned as part of the headline or opening statement on the news story. However, if the politician is a Democrat, his or her political party is rarely, if ever, mentioned anywhere in the news story. Just a fact of life.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:36 AM

Odd that some here mentioned an accident involving a 17 year old girl as a way of defending a sitting US Congresswoman who got away with manslaughter or negligent homicide in addition to seatbelt law violations. Yep, it's exactly the same as a 17 year old girl having an accident <sarcasm>. However, the analogy about Ted Kennedy is related because he was a politician at the time of his accident in which a woman drowned as he swam away to his lawyers for help.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:27 AM

6,722 posts, read 4,263,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Odd that some here mentioned an accident involving a 17 year old girl as a way of defending a sitting US Congresswoman who got away with manslaughter or negligent homicide in addition to seatbelt law violations. Yep, it's exactly the same as a 17 year old girl having an accident <sarcasm>. However, the analogy about Ted Kennedy is related because he was a politician at the time of his accident in which a woman drowned as he swam away to his lawyers for help.
Do facts even matter to you??? Just wondering, becuz you seem so concerned about whether her party affiliation was noted that you didn't read what her official title was. She's a STATE SENATOR, NOT a US CONGRESSWOMAN.

While you're reading the story, note that it was an accident, the car veered off to the left. No intent no neglect, just an accident, may have been a mechanical failure or even a defect in the road. You privy to evidence the authorities weren't?

Quote:
The reason why it was pointed out is because on most news stories involving Republican politicians, the fact that he or she is a Republican is printed or mentioned as part of the headline or opening statement on the news story. However, if the politician is a Democrat, his or her political party is rarely, if ever, mentioned anywhere in the news story. Just a fact of life.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:03 AM

14,920 posts, read 10,729,255 times
Quote:
Do you have some sort of study that shows this? Otherwise, you're just making crap up.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:12 AM

29,125 posts, read 21,152,249 times
Quote:
That's not really a good question. Look at the post I was responding to and it makes perfect sense.

Nice deflection though.
It is you who deflected by mentioning the former First Lady.

Would you care to enlighten us on just when she ever held public office?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies