U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 06:38 PM

19,216 posts, read 12,531,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Indeed they are doing just that. Can't have those kids in farm families growing up with actual responsibilities and learning skills alongside of their parents. That might keep them on the farms. Every good central planner would rather have kids on the streets, in gangs, and killed in drive by shootings than on the family farm learning productive skills and family values.
Dat true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 06:41 PM

44,924 posts, read 27,190,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Sure did...Cindi can gut a deer as fast has anyone.

She has killed deer with a cross-bow and a rifle.
My God, you have made that child hunt and kill? When the people in DC decide that we eat what they let us eat or find our own she will be able to provide for her family.

Does the kid hate you for letting her become a huntress? I bet not.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:46 PM

44,924 posts, read 27,190,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I drove a combine and tractor by age 10. If I hadn't it would have cost our family farm a lot of money and time getting things done. Being the only male child I inherited a lot of the things my Dad and Grandfather were tasked with.
My oldest son stayed with his grandparents every summer from his first till his 17th and ran a combine at age 11 and the rest of those years. They ran pretty old equipment so they could make more money and those things were very expensive in the 1990s. He decided to become a farm equipment technician and his uncle has nobody else to take over the farm and is 60 now so my son plans to take over that farm someday soon. He is sure he can do pretty well working as a machinery technician on the side so even though he didn't get to live on a farm he will be doing what he has always wanted to do.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:52 PM

6,193 posts, read 4,392,291 times
Interesting replies.

The conservative work ethic shows!

I'm very proud to be acquainted with ya'll!

Old 10-08-2011, 07:56 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,380,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
My God, you have made that child hunt and kill? When the people in DC decide that we eat what they let us eat or find our own she will be able to provide for her family.

Does the kid hate you for letting her become a huntress? I bet not.
No....she is just worried about getting a Newberry area tag to hunt bear next year.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:58 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,380,998 times
Quote:
My oldest son stayed with his grandparents every summer from his first till his 17th and ran a combine at age 11 and the rest of those years. They ran pretty old equipment so they could make more money and those things were very expensive in the 1990s. He decided to become a farm equipment technician and his uncle has nobody else to take over the farm and is 60 now so my son plans to take over that farm someday soon. He is sure he can do pretty well working as a machinery technician on the side so even though he didn't get to live on a farm he will be doing what he has always wanted to do.
There is good money in that.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:03 PM

7,047 posts, read 6,202,590 times
Heck we are having cattle drives now bringing them to winter pasture from the mountains the kids are great riders and are from differant ranches all helping each other in turn. these idiots have no clue how rural folks make their food and yet think they are smart enough to tell them how to do it. so what you gonna do when there is nothing for your voters to spend their food stamps on. idiots

Old 10-08-2011, 08:09 PM

16,119 posts, read 20,226,619 times
Amish and Mennonites believe it is how the children will learn farming. besides when the illegals are gone the middle class and their families will be working in the fields

Old 10-08-2011, 08:21 PM

10,115 posts, read 6,765,963 times
Quote:
What a wonderful opportunity for your son . It's really hard for young people to get into farming without help. I'm so glad it sounds like it's going to work out for him.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:21 PM

7,047 posts, read 6,202,590 times
[quote=Boompa;21207633]Amish and Mennonites believe it is how the children will learn farming. besides when the illegals are gone the middle class and their families will be working in the
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies