U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 07:25 PM

7,044 posts, read 6,170,969 times

Advertisements

sorry hit the wrong button, canning peaches tonite. for me you cant have any for any amount of food stamps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 07:25 PM

60,150 posts, read 30,614,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Wow, it's like you know me as a long lost sibling!

I always love it when people tell me about my life experiences

It was too obvious.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:48 PM

19,216 posts, read 12,466,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
To give Obama some credit, that's sort of the way it has been for the last fifty years in D.C. and all major American metro areas. It's not going to get better either. Rural Americans will never be a protected minority class.
Well, that must be the price you have to pay for living in a free country, man.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:29 PM

11,775 posts, read 15,796,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Well, that must be the price you have to pay for living in a free country, man.

Freedom certainly is not free is it? I have just about paid my bill but I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:33 PM

2,024 posts, read 4,472,189 times
Its not really employment though. I never got paid yet worked constantly. Not complaining at all though cause its a great environment to grow up in and I miss it but not fixing broken equipment all the time or scoop shoveling out grain bins or brush hogging rag weed laden CRP land.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:14 AM

17,850 posts, read 19,595,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Freedom certainly is not free is it? I have just about paid my bill but I wouldn't have had it any other way.
Freedom is not free, true. It costs "a buck o'five."

Freedom Isn't Free. It costs a buck o' five. - YouTube

Old 10-09-2011, 09:19 AM

31,385 posts, read 31,057,040 times
WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE LEARN TO READ BEFORE ENGAGING YOUR MOUTHS??
The proposed agricultural revisions would impact
only hired farm workers and in no way
compromise the statutory child labor
parental exemption involving children
working on farms owned or operated by
their parents.
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2011...2011-21924.pdf

I said mouth because, engaging the brain would be asking too much.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:22 PM

7,091 posts, read 10,488,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
My punctuation clearly made that a question but yes, by your dismissive attitude, I did interpret that you have not worked on a farm. If I am wrong, then answer me this. Would you agree that kids raised on a farm are aware of the responsibilities the farm entails and are often well equipped throughout their childhood to deal with a greater amount of responsibility than say a kid that grew up in suburbia?
I've spent enough time to be happy not being involved in farm work.

Here's some "good old country wisdom" I learned though, since you seem to have some bizarre thing against anything urban.

1) "A man who argues what you believe in, and what you know, when he doesn't know is soft in the head."

2) "People will be good or bad no matter where they are born. If some one tells you they are better then you are because of where that was, then you haven't found one of the good people in the world."

Old 10-09-2011, 05:29 PM

10,443 posts, read 8,573,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
I've spent enough time to be happy not being involved in farm work.

Here's some "good old country wisdom" I learned though, since you seem to have some bizarre thing against anything urban.

1) "A man who argues what you believe in, and what you know, when he doesn't know is soft in the head."

2) "People will be good or bad no matter where they are born. If some one tells you they are better then you are because of where that was, then you haven't found one of the good people in the world."
Well, I now live in an urban area but I grew up in the country. So, does that negate your pearls of wisdom?

Old 10-09-2011, 07:56 PM

1,472 posts, read 1,905,098 times
Started working on Dairy Farm at 8.Mostly feeding,picking rocks off fields and helping with Hay.

I bought my own School clothes,bought Cattle,Hogs and Dogs.Had plenty in Savings.By the time I got married at 17 I worked one more year bought my own 100 acres,6 bedroom house.

But so many regulations anymore with kids,they want to work but people don't want to take the chance.Last time I hired Kids the only thing they could do was unload and load trucks,couldn't even sew Bags of Grain.

brushrunner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies