U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-08-2011, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 15,857,366 times
Reputation: 3123

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
We were attacked by an ideology, not by a country. We've lost more men, woman, and money taking care of those **** poor countries than we lost in the big attack. Think of how we could have improved our own country with the rebuilding costs being thrown to the middle east. Hell with those wars.

iCasualties: Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Casualties
Cost of War to the United States | COSTOFWAR.COM

Worth it? No. Justified? Not a chance in hell.
You are correct, we were not attacked by a country, however, Afghanistan was a base and safe haven for those who did. Had we not cleared that rats nest we would have lost far more people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-08-2011, 02:36 PM
 
29,988 posts, read 36,065,079 times
Reputation: 12727
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I am not interested if my view is shared by the majority. However, I can assure you it much more mainstream than anything Paul is promoting. I have never viewed the US as imperialist, because it isn't. We are not, nor have we ever been interested in being an empire.


No, we the people have not been interested in being a global empire. However, our federal government which is currently practicing facist economics with world banks and multinational corporations while stealing the wealth of every American citizen, is doing just that in an effort to claim its position in the New World Order under one global government and one global currency/banking system.

Can you really not see this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 02:37 PM
 
760 posts, read 574,110 times
Reputation: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You are correct, we were not attacked by a country, however, Afghanistan was a base and safe haven for those who did. Had we not cleared that rats nest we would have lost far more people.
Keep waving that American flag and believing what they're feeding you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 15,857,366 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
That was 10 years ago. We have lost more precious lives of our men and women in uniform overseas than those lost on 9/11. How long is long enough for vengance and retribution? What have we really done to protect the US soil? Have we secured our borders yet? Isn't this the first thing a nation under attack does, protect its own soil?

Why is it so difficult to recognize that the current actions and choices of our Commander-in-Chief make our nation less secure rather than more secure? We are insecure in our energy dependency, we are insecure with our national debt and economic recession/depression, and we are wearing out our physical defenses of human and machinery. We are repeating all the same mistakes we tricked the USSR into doing in the 1980's. Have we learned nothing from our mistakes or from history?
It's wasn't and isn't about retribution and vengeance, it was about peace and security. Had we done nothing there would have been many more attacks.

Paul isn't the only candidate for secure boarders. Paul isn't the only candidate for expanded drilling. Paul isn't the only candidate in favor of reducing spending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 02:41 PM
 
29,988 posts, read 36,065,079 times
Reputation: 12727
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Why do you view being called a Paulista as an insult? Did I?

I am not sure why you believe, accepting the fact that we need to be engaged with the world, means staying the course. As I think you know, I am a conservative so, of course I am in favor of a change in direction. Simply not the Paul direction.
Wow, have you ever misinterpreted Ron Paul's position. He has never promoted isolationism.

How can one claim to be a Conservative while simultaneously not supporting the US Constitution and the only candidate who has taken that oath seriously and never compromised?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 02:42 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 15,857,366 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
Keep waving that American flag and believing what they're feeding you.
This is where we part ways. Paul followers believe anyone who doesn't march lock step with their leader isn't a critical thinker. I believe the Paul folks have really lost all reason in mounting a defense of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 02:42 PM
 
29,988 posts, read 36,065,079 times
Reputation: 12727
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
It's wasn't and isn't about retribution and vengeance, it was about peace and security. Had we done nothing there would have been many more attacks.

Paul isn't the only candidate for secure boarders. Paul isn't the only candidate for expanded drilling. Paul isn't the only candidate in favor of reducing spending.
Please, what peace and security have we gained specifically? We have been attacked again, several times, on US soil since 9/11, though nothing as dramatic, yet.

Paul is the only candidate in 100% support of our Constitution and achieving those ends through Constitutional means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 02:43 PM
 
12,439 posts, read 10,011,806 times
Reputation: 3129
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
It's wasn't and isn't about retribution and vengeance, it was about peace and security. Had we done nothing there would have been many more attacks.

Paul isn't the only candidate for secure boarders. Paul isn't the only candidate for expanded drilling. Paul isn't the only candidate in favor of reducing spending.
He is the only candidate against military interventionalism to support the growing military industrial complex.

How many men and women have we lost in the military based on the lies that we were told. How many billions of dollars have we wasted to tear down countries and then build them back up while our bridges are in a state of disrepair here.

We are tired of being neoconned. On this issue there is bipartisan support, but the mainstream candidates on both sides are on the wrong side of the issue. Paul is the only one that is correct on this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 02:44 PM
 
29,988 posts, read 36,065,079 times
Reputation: 12727
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
This is where we part ways. Paul followers believe anyone who doesn't march lock step with their leader isn't a critical thinker.........
Who has suggested any such thing? Not once in your discussion in this thread have you brought up the US Constitution. Why? Do the means justify the end for you even if it violates the law of our land?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 15,857,366 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
[/b]

No, we the people have not been interested in being a global empire. However, our federal government which is currently practicing facist economics with world banks and multinational corporations while stealing the wealth of every American citizen, is doing just that in an effort to claim its position in the New World Order under one global government and one global currency/banking system.

Can you really not see this?
In the above post you claim Paul isn't an isolationist. His views sound curiously like yours. You want to withdraw from the world.

I don't understand this stealing wealth bit. When I buy something, it is what I consider a fair exchange, my money for a given product. No one is stealing anything from me.

I believe corporations should be free to do business with whomever they want wherever they want without government interference.

I am not aware of a global government or currency. I use US dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top