U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 05:55 PM

6,074 posts, read 5,126,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Usually art and music are used for expression in order to convey a message to the authority. Those who are not able to make changes to society, prefer to use music and art to express their sentiments.

I ask this question because it seems like conservatives don't like to hear the little guy. They have the notion that if you don't get your way, then tough luck.
The next time you visit your local museum, or travel to see art, reflect for a moment on the vast fortunes spent by generally conservative, successful people through the generations to acquire art, promote the arts, endow the museums, etc.

I spent last evening at the symphony. The program listed a variety of donors, not a single union or "people's alliance" among them. The advertisements which help fund the programs of the symphony were all private enterprise--capitalists to the core.

Do liberals like art and music? I ask this question because they seem to be unable to see or hear very obvious things.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:56 PM

7,044 posts, read 6,170,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Who needs music when there's NASCAR?
what does NASCAR have to do with art and music? you lost? or do you enjoy looking at the pretty cars and spend the afternoon rooting for the yellow one.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:00 PM

9,857 posts, read 6,733,885 times
Quote:
Usually art and music are used for expression in order to convey a message to the authority. Those who are not able to make changes to society, prefer to use music and art to express their sentiments.

I ask this question because it seems like conservatives don't like to hear the little guy. They have the notion that if you don't get your way, then tough luck.
Conservatives are the little guy, they are not the teachers union who gives Obama 500 million dollars. That is nonsense.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:47 PM

3,404 posts, read 4,139,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
As happens most often, liberals get it completely wrong. Of course conservatives enjoy art and music. What conservatives object to is tax dollars being used to pay for crap that someone has declared "art" and put on public display.
If art wasn't funded we would have a better selection of art. I think it would get rid of all the crap artists.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
If art wasn't funded we would have a better selection of art. I think it would get rid of all the crap artists.
aint that the truth.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:12 PM

1,602 posts, read 2,632,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
As happens most often, liberals get it completely wrong. Of course conservatives enjoy art and music. What conservatives object to is tax dollars being used to pay for crap that someone has declared "art" and put on public display.
You must be referring to crusifixes placed in jars filled with urn and elephant dung smeared on holy images at astranomical costs to the tax payers curtisy of the National Endowment For The Arts. Well I guess this is the difference between what liberals think is art and what conservatives think is art.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:17 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,618,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
You must be referring to crusifixes placed in jars filled with urn and elephant dung smeared on holy images at astranomical costs to the tax payers curtisy of the National Endowment For The Arts. Well I guess this is the difference between what liberals think is art and what conservatives think is art.
Um, no.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
and they defended it as ART. sick morons

Old 10-08-2011, 07:21 PM

11,776 posts, read 15,796,948 times
Quote:

Keep in mind that not all "little guys" who lack voice are liberal.

This conservative "little guy" loves art museums whenever I have the opportunity to visit one. However, since art museums are not found on every street corner, music is a bit easier for most Americans to enjoy and participate in. I listen to both domestic and international varieties of music although I have preferences as to the type of music I tune to.

My involvement in music includes the ownership of several guitars, a mandolin, two violins, a banjo and a keyboard of which I can only say my desire to play well has always greatly outweighed my talent. If talent in an art is indicative of your contention that conservatives don't like art, then I contend you may have a point. However, if love of art is more indicative, you are very wrong, at least about folks like me.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:22 PM

1,333 posts, read 815,158 times
Default Ahhh....

this is a post by another smug elitist.....one of the typical liberal clowns with the mindset that if you do not agree with their philosophy then you are a knuckle dragging neanderthal.

I get a good laugh out of these fools when they ask thinly veiled insults like this. Somehow they believe they are being clever...and I find that funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or