Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2011, 07:50 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,914,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghetti monster View Post
I find it hard to believe there are people who so readily side with the banks and corporations as if these institutions were somehow sacred. A corporation can be a force of good and evil, I see no hypocrisy in a protester buying an iPad or an iPhone 4s and at the same time protesting against Goldman Sachs or Fox News. I suspect these supposedly unsophisticated protesters are actually very astute at telling the difference between a good corporation and an evil one.
Thanks...I forget to mention the Apple, DELL etc tech companies, oh yeah and all those evil cell phone companies...believe me, when the economy begins to improve with the jobs numbers these ''protests'' are history...how self-centered this really is..."uh, the economy sucks, I want freebies'' where was this before things got bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
The world Dub would be a superior place with a superior quality of life if every uncultured complainer got a sustainable lifestyle where they lived by their means and worked vigorously hard for what they feel they deserve. The world doesn't stop because your uncle Bill or aunt Susy are dealing with a foreclosure for a house they shouldn't have purchased because its out of their budget. If you lost your job then you weren't important enough to keep there, if you weren't as important to them then welcome to reality where these things occur and there's no such thing as permanence. This is why educating and working hard from an earlier age will lead you to live a superior lifestyle later down the road.

What the world needs Dub is more ambitious, hard working, educated people in it not the ungrateful complaining uncultured likes these protests are full of. I am a liberal and applaud progressive idealism and would gladly stand back to let logical reasoning be heard but in most instances these protesters are costing these large companies money and defaming/atempting to defame their reputations. Is this what you support? Putting your problems on someone else's back and have them pay for your mistakes? There are better solutions than this. I don't care for hearing a different point of view, I'm uninterested and everything I say I have my mind set to stand by.
Slyman 11 please consider running for president in 2012...don't worry about experience, the guy in there now didn't have any.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:03 PM

1,335 posts, read 1,653,445 times
That's all you see in these protests, an outstretched hand? Sheesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Thanks...I forget to mention the Apple, DELL etc tech companies, oh yeah and all those evil cell phone companies...believe me, when the economy begins to improve with the jobs numbers these ''protests'' are history...how self-centered this really is..."uh, the economy sucks, I want freebies'' where was this before things got bad?

Old 10-15-2011, 08:04 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,478,187 times
who cares?

its all about wall street

bandwagon cities don;t mean much to me

Old 10-15-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub King View Post
That's all you see in these protests, an outstretched hand? Sheesh.
Well you brought up the corporate issue. Where were all these protests against greed in say, 2005? Oh, I forgot everyone was in on making a quick buck and buying ''things'' - now these white kids march down Walnut Street because there are ''nice'' stores...only pointing out the hypocrisy.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:16 PM

You are saying that 'kids' aka people in their teens and early 20's... these were the house-flipping speculators of 2005? Too young to drive, but not too young to have three mortgages, that's your theory?

Quote:
Well you brought up the corporate issue. Where were all these protests against greed in say, 2005? Oh, I forgot everyone was in on making a quick buck and buying ''things'' - now these white kids march down Walnut Street because there are ''nice'' stores...only pointing out the hypocrisy.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Yes, Portland's scene could be said to be 'vibrant'. Lots of ugly young losers who think they're really with it and groovy...like by doing this they will be able to avoid ever becoming old and ugly (you know, being Democrat is so young & with it: or at least that's what the implicit message they're buying)... except.... wait... they're YOUNG AND UGLY!

Oh well, they're digging their own graves. Helping build their own dispossession. Little idiots.

Lucky we don't have to go into the city.
I hear ya, when I visit Oregon I base out of Portland and day trip around the area...very little time in Portland...dirty white druggie kids...Portland's ''occupied'' 24/7...such a shame the Democratic Party has become such a freak-show...lost its working class roots...after the way Hillary Clinton was treated by the Democratic Party, how could any female vote Democrat again? It was all about her appearance, her shrillness, her likeability and yet a man who called a reporter ''sweetie'' and smokes cigarettes while preaching health issues is elected...I might be moving to rural Oregon soon, love it there.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub King View Post
You are saying that 'kids' aka people in their teens and early 20's... these were the house-flipping speculators of 2005? Too young to drive, but not too young to have three mortgages, that's your theory?
No, why weren't they out protesting against the greed going on in front of them then...proactive instead of reactive...because at the time they were salivating to cash-in and live the easy life. Well, guess what, life's a b*%)h...get used to it. Get used to hearing the word ''no''; it builds character...lol

Old 10-15-2011, 08:29 PM

You are right, Hillary Clinton was treated badly. I hate that Obama smokes, that's a serious character flaw for a president, being addicted to something the govt. absolutely swears is addictive and deadly.

Quote:
I hear ya, when I visit Oregon I base out of Portland and day trip around the area...very little time in Portland...dirty white druggie kids...Portland's ''occupied'' 24/7...such a shame the Democratic Party has become such a freak-show...lost its working class roots...after the way Hillary Clinton was treated by the Democratic Party, how could any female vote Democrat again? It was all about her appearance, her shrillness, her likeability and yet a man who called a reporter ''sweetie'' and smokes cigarettes while preaching health issues is elected...I might be moving to rural Oregon soon, love it there.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:30 PM

or protesting the Iraq war? No draft; they really didn't care...not protesting greed in 2005-now its over and they missed the party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies