U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-15-2011, 03:46 PM
 
4,250 posts, read 3,307,772 times
Reputation: 1842

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub King View Post
Come on, the Federal Govt. pays $1.2 million in interest on its debt every single day. The Solyndra money therefor equals 11 hours of interest on our debt. You're really going to complain about that? Try looking at Iraq and the Bush tax cuts to see where billions upon billions of dollars have been wasted. I hope they take Rupert Murdoch right out of his home and they tar and feather the man (perhaps a modern version using Elmers Glue and fake feathers). Mob justice.

Just drove by the 'Occupy Philly" camp & it's huge. For once I think the plutocrats have a real problem om their hands.
Using terms like ''plutocrats'' why are you only driving by the ''occupation" and you really think the plutocrats have a problem on their hands because of a 1,000 people, half of whom are there for the freebies, are living in tents? By the way, these tents are not made out of discarded canvas, many are pretty high-end with obviously purchased from a corporate operation. Just saw a ''march'' in philly...no big deal...where are the masses? I forgot its Saturday, they're shopping at Wal-Mart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-15-2011, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
1,335 posts, read 1,254,272 times
Reputation: 344
what's your point xactly? I figure you don't have 1. maybe that's because the masses you are referring to who are all at walmart live in the suburbs. By the way, which tent maker has recently achieved the status of worldwide corporate conglomorate? I don;t think buying a tent constitutes selling out. Try not to be ridiculous, even if you cannot control your hatred of the protesters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Using terms like ''plutocrats'' why are you only driving by the ''occupation" and you really think the plutocrats have a problem on their hands because of a 1,000 people, half of whom are there for the freebies, are living in tents? By the way, these tents are not made out of discarded canvas, many are pretty high-end with obviously purchased from a corporate operation. Just saw a ''march'' in philly...no big deal...where are the masses? I forgot its Saturday, they're shopping at Wal-Mart.

Last edited by Dub King; 10-15-2011 at 04:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Lake Oswego, Manhattan, Aspen
3,141 posts, read 3,980,355 times
Reputation: 11088
Yes, Portland's scene could be said to be 'vibrant'. Lots of ugly young losers who think they're really with it and groovy...like by doing this they will be able to avoid ever becoming old and ugly (you know, being Democrat is so young & with it: or at least that's what the implicit message they're buying)... except.... wait... they're YOUNG AND UGLY!

Oh well, they're digging their own graves. Helping build their own dispossession. Little idiots.

Lucky we don't have to go into the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
1,335 posts, read 1,254,272 times
Reputation: 344
Another outrageous rant. The more these folks are dismissed in the manner you do, the more power they will gain. Believe me, Jesus wasn't wrong about this. These people are 'the meek'. If they are little idiots, those who criticize them are big idiots. I have no love for hippies, but that's not what I see in the camp in Philly. I gather Portland is full of the types you describe, protest or no protest, so maybe you are right about the group you saw. I'm just not so sure it's what you think it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Yes, Portland's scene could be said to be 'vibrant'. Lots of ugly young losers who think they're really with it and groovy...like by doing this they will be able to avoid ever becoming old and ugly (you know, being Democrat is so young & with it: or at least that's what the implicit message they're buying)... except.... wait... they're YOUNG AND UGLY!

Oh well, they're digging their own graves. Helping build their own dispossession. Little idiots.

Lucky we don't have to go into the city.

Last edited by Dub King; 10-15-2011 at 04:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Midtown Omaha
1,224 posts, read 1,759,115 times
Reputation: 545
There was a march in Omaha today about 1000 took part in it.

As far as I know there wont be any "occupying" though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
1,335 posts, read 1,254,272 times
Reputation: 344
Not seeing much competence on either side of the aisle. At least Mitt Romney has a frickin' MBA from Harvard, might be a handy bit of background for a president facing a bad economy.

The fact is that sleeping on the sidewalk in any city's downtown is dangerous. How many kids did you talk to, to come to the conclusion that they are arrogant.

Clearly you feel animosity towards idealistic kids putting their safety on the line for what they believe, and that's a shame. Nobody has been hurt so far, except for the protesters that the police have roughed up... and that's definitely not in Philly, where I think the police and the mayor support the movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
I've been throught the Occupy Philly...lots of arrogant white kids. The park its in was overrun by the homeless; now at least you can walk throught it at night.
One interesting thing is happening there however; now that spoiled white kids have moved-in on the homeless. For starters, "my laptop was stolen please return it my schoolwork is on it'' sign; young white female sexually assualted by crazy homeless man - she took off crying and left the ''occupation'' while the perp was ranting in the face of some white 20 year ''safety'' patrol. Somebody is going to get hurt there...plus I saw more than one of the street people there...hope 'dem white girls got locks on those tents!
So what do banks have to do with the tax cuts and Iraq? What about handing out $8,000 to people to buy a home and when the credit lapsed, the housing market went back to where it was and worse. I love how you downplay $563 million thrown away to a bankrupt company as a political favor...Mr. O is from Chicago and no one can come out of that place with clean hands. What a shame Valerie Jarrett didn't get to cash-in on the Olympics being built in the area she has real estate interests in...What happened to the $1 trillinion dollar+ spending-where are the jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 04:47 PM
 
Location: MIA/DC
1,190 posts, read 1,829,162 times
Reputation: 687
The protesters deserve to be locked up, whining and complaining with protests to big corporations because you don't have the means to sustain your lifestyle is immature. I'm supportive of freedom to express your ideas but to an extent it shouldn't interfere with the socioeconomic conditions of any city, money is being lost because these garbage poors are detracting time from large corporations.

Lock them up for day or two, it'll teach those ungrateful slobbish poors to get a job or education to sustain their lifestyles. The economy crashed because of these selfish poors spending beyond their means, taking loans they cant afford, buying cars and homes out of their means. Spend wisely and improve your quality of life and work habits, the complaining needs to be put to an end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 04:54 PM
 
Location: The Bay
6,920 posts, read 11,933,015 times
Reputation: 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
The protesters deserve to be locked up, whining and complaining with protests to big corporations because you don't have the means to sustain your lifestyle is immature. I'm supportive of freedom to express your ideas but to an extent it shouldn't interfere with the socioeconomic conditions of any city, money is being lost because these garbage poors are detracting time from large corporations.

Lock them up for day or two, it'll teach those ungrateful slobbish poors to get a job or education to sustain their lifestyles. The economy crashed because of these selfish poors spending beyond their means, taking loans they cant afford, buying cars and homes out of their means. Spend wisely and improve your quality of life and work habits, the complaining needs to be put to an end.
No actually, most of these "poors" as you call them were struggling and living frugally before the economy crash and now are all but drowning in the downturn and for what... so some banks could make money off of selling pipe-dreams? Do you work for one of these banks or something? You sound a little clueless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
1,335 posts, read 1,254,272 times
Reputation: 344
you are heartless, the world would be a better place without that kind of pessimism and negativity. I hope you don't consider yourself a christian because that is a rather unchristian sentiment that you are describing there.[/i]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
The protesters deserve to be locked up, whining and complaining with protests to big corporations because you don't have the means to sustain your lifestyle is immature. I'm supportive of freedom to express your ideas but to an extent it shouldn't interfere with the socioeconomic conditions of any city, money is being lost because these garbage poors are detracting time from large corporations.

Lock them up for day or two, it'll teach those ungrateful slobbish poors to get a job or education to sustain their lifestyles. The economy crashed because of these selfish poors spending beyond their means, taking loans they cant afford, buying cars and homes out of their means. Spend wisely and improve your quality of life and work habits, the complaining needs to be put to an end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 05:02 PM
 
Location: MIA/DC
1,190 posts, read 1,829,162 times
Reputation: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
No actually, most of these "poors" as you call them were struggling and living frugally before the economy crash and now are all but drowning in the downturn and for what... so some banks could make money off of selling pipe-dreams? Do you work for one of these banks or something? You sound a little clueless.
I work for an agency that's completely linked to the government, I don't work for any bank

Do you think protesting on wall street will do anything to change the bank-consumer relationship? Not at all, these protests are a waste of money and time. The voice is loud but the backbone is feeble, there is no substance to much of these protests, not one protester I've seen on the news particularly CNN has conjured an alternative to spending and how to benefit the desires of all people but simply wash their 'wish' list dreams and expenses as what they've lost over the years. It's not wallstreets problem you cant pay for your house or car, get over it and get a job.

Its your fault if you're struggling for not having a secure job or spending beyond your means. Instead of complaining why don't protesters offer a financial plan that could benefit them and the executives in wallstreet? I have yet to see any, if they do that then its more respectable but right now its baseless complaining for their own personal issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top