Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 06:18 PM
509 509 started this thread

6,321 posts, read 7,033,771 times

Advertisements

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...s-14824169.php

Remember when Democrats said a WOMAN Governor was not experienced enough to run for Vice-President.

Yet, a Democrat Mayor from a small town in Indiana has the qualifications to be President of the United States!!!

Wow, what a double standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 07:22 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,096,904 times
I think she's right. Actually, I think Republicans are just as sexist. Personally, I think Buttigeig is not qualified. (He's more qualified that Trump was, but still, not qualified to be president.) I really hate some of the commentary on the debates where people accused Warren of being "shrill." That is code for an out of (men's) control woman. That term is reserved for women only. Have you ever heard of a male candidate being criticized as "shrill"? It doesn't matter what party you are with, women have a harder time with the electorate than men.

Old 11-11-2019, 07:27 PM

20,860 posts, read 9,510,694 times
Hmm, hard to say, but she might be right.

And I love the way the OP spinned the story for his/her/its thread title. The same problem would be true of republicans as well.

Old 11-11-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Hmm, hard to say, but she might be right.

And I love the way the OP spinned the story for his/her/its thread title. The same problem would be true of republicans as well.
Care to give examples.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:04 AM

37,948 posts, read 17,846,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I think she's right. Actually, I think Republicans are just as sexist. Personally, I think Buttigeig is not qualified. (He's more qualified that Trump was, but still, not qualified to be president.) I really hate some of the commentary on the debates where people accused Warren of being "shrill." That is code for an out of (men's) control woman. That term is reserved for women only. Have you ever heard of a male candidate being criticized as "shrill"? It doesn't matter what party you are with, women have a harder time with the electorate than men.
Explain what you mean by qualified. Please give examples of what makes someone qualified.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:06 AM

37,948 posts, read 17,846,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...s-14824169.php

Remember when Democrats said a WOMAN Governor was not experienced enough to run for Vice-President.

Yet, a Democrat Mayor from a small town in Indiana has the qualifications to be President of the United States!!!

Wow, what a double standard.
The democrats say a lot of things.

Just self identify as a man. Problem solved.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:14 AM

17,767 posts, read 13,656,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
people accused Warren of being "shrill."
Warren has the same problem Sarah Palin had. And that is here voice. I think that's where the "shrill" comes from.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:42 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,326,223 times
The good ol’ Democrat sexist/race card. So predictable when things aren’t going their way.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:04 AM

Interesting that this time they are accusing themselves of sexism.

Buttigieg and Steyer are NOT even remotely AWARE enough of life in America to be Presidential candidates. They basically live in bubbles.

A clueless rich bubble for Steyer. And a small town bubble for Buttigieg.

Say what you want about the woman Democrat candidates and I don't agree with them, but at least they have a clue.

Heading in the wrong direction, but nevertheless they have a clue.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:32 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,096,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Explain what you mean by qualified. Please give examples of what makes someone qualified.
I think candidates should have experience with the governance of something bigger than a medium sized city. His foreign experience is deficit, as any soldier will tell you, serving does not train you in global policy or diplomacy. I believe that Governors, Senators, Congressmen, and maybe even the Mayor of a large city that deals with international matters (Chicago, New York, LA, Houston, etc.) might be qualified. There may be some diplomats who also have some executive experience who may be qualified. I would also prefer for him to have more years of experience. I think there is a sweet spot as far as the age of a president. Personally, I am not in favor of presidents who take the office when they are over 75 or 80. I also don't favor people under 40. I realize none of this is in the Constitution; it is just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies