Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 10:03 AM

10,189 posts, read 7,918,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The main point of the article is foolish progressive moonbat liberals claiming that crime would increase because of relaxed gun laws. Also, the crime rates in the areas in question fell at a rate faster than the national average. What part of that is distorted?
Like I said, they do not face the facts. They twist them to suit themselves.
You are right of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 10:12 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,769,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Like I said, they do not face the facts. They twist them to suit themselves.
You are right of course.
Now this is funny, the entire article is nothing but twisted facts and propaganda, but the radical right sees it as truth as it's what they want to hear.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:16 AM

23,353 posts, read 17,033,588 times
Default canceled subscriptions to gun laws make them ineffective

You do realize gun laws are like magazine subscriptions, not everyone buys a subscription.

Pass all the gun laws you want, the criminals don't subscribe to them and are unaffected by them. As with many laws gun legislation is passed to fulfill an emotional need and serve to pad a political resume. Citizens rights are stunted and criminals ignore them with a net result of zero.

For decades post war you could go to Klein's dept store and buy military rifles such as the Italian carcano 6.5mm for about 25$. The Boy Scout handbook had about 12 ads for guns. Access to firearms and exposure to young kids did not result in the carnage you see today. The guns didn't change...the fabric of society changed. Gun laws are surrogate attempts to solve social problems and are as effective as smearing turtle oil on a broken leg while turning 5 times to your left.

Minimal laws are good but there is a point of diminishing returns and we have long passed that point.

Forget the media! they have become the propaganda machine for what they believe will the the winning side.

Please remember which 'news organizations' have abandoned their resposibility to protect the people by keeping the government honest.

The loss of media watchdogs is one of the greatest disaster to hit America.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Now this is funny, the entire article is nothing but twisted facts and propaganda, but the radical right sees it as truth as it's what they want to hear.
Please enlighten us about the twisted facts. I know it will be a liberal twist of facts though.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:18 AM

46,174 posts, read 26,885,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Then prove it.....where are the facts twisted?

Since everyone else seems to be wrong, and your right...then prove yourself....if you can....

What's even funnier, if the left would have been correct....this would have been national news...the righties are wrong about gun control...look at all the crime that has happened....but since it is not happening the way the left wanted it to...oh well.....no news here...(cause the righties were correct).

Old 10-09-2011, 10:30 AM

76,988 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
huh...well, I don't like obama polices, but anything that would make him look a little better, if I were a news source....I would at least mention it..
You oppose Obama relaxing gun laws?

So, basically you are saying if you were a news source, you would do all you can to support Obama. You are not making much sense to me.

Drop in crime rates has been mentioned in the media, but you seem to be saying it has not been mentioned ENOUGH, so I am asking you how often it should be repeated.

PS The Florida law you mention became law in 2011 AFTER the major drop in crime rates in 2010. I like that law BTW

This thread is pretty funny if you think about it. When Obama was elected, the right wing said he would ban guns, but when he did the opposite, they are now trying to prove that......wait a minute....what are you trying to prove?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-09-2011 at 10:42 AM..

Old 10-09-2011, 10:32 AM

769 posts, read 1,010,658 times
Or those rates have been going down on their own?

Old 10-09-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
Or those rates have been going down on their own?
Or since the states enacted the right to carry law.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:47 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,159,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
As other posters have noted, crime rates have been plummeting for decades now. Why? Many think it's abortion. Why do you never see that reported on the news?
I will await your answer to this claim with barely bated breath. When can I expect your answer? Now remember that if you are right about that you will have to admit that you consider abortion to be a form of birth control that has caused our population expansion to drop. I am sure that all those aborted fetuses were bound to be gun toting criminals. YOUR TURN.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:50 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,159,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Violence is decreasing anyway, regardless of guns. It comes and goes in waves.
But to those who want to attribute that to guns, do you really think people who only don't commit violent crimes because of the potential risk are a good long-term basis for a healthy society? They will continue to be criminals in their minds and sooner or later it will show in one way or another...
The only way to change that is by profoundly changing society, its priorities and values, the roles people feel they have in society, etc.
How about the death penalty for all violent crimes? That would thin our that group you are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies