U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2011, 12:41 AM

29,988 posts, read 35,904,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Wall Street loves people like you. Thankfully, there are many like you who will turn a blind eye even as they play very sophisticate, risky games creating asset bubbles that will greatly enrich them at your expense. Then, when stuff blows up, they'll already have pocketed billions and YOU will also have to bail them out. And you'll defend them even as you're handing over your life savings to cover the risky game they played with your livelihood (like you effectively soon will be as this disaster continues to unravel). You're too far gone down the traditional right / left line of argument to realize that the Wall Street of today is very, very different from the Wall Street that originally made this capitalistic society great.
Another personal attack?

I understand that our corrupted government enables what happens via The FED, the world banks, and Wall Street. I am aware enough to know when an astroturf revolution is being funded by George Soros, Unions and other radical leftists and Obama donors. Why aren't you?

Try addressing the thread topic of pay-to-revolt by the radical left won't you? We saw this astroturf pay to protest in Wisconsin this summer too. There is nothing new under Marx or those who push the central planners' agenda. Same radicals stiring the turd in the punchbowl in Egypt are doing it here: Obama's radical buddies.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 12:53 AM

3,404 posts, read 4,145,764 times
I don't care if it is for real or not. If it is none of them will take the job anyway. It still isn't enough money for their whiny little you owe me living *****.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:00 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,163,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Wall Street just loves people like you. Thankfully for them, there are many like you who will turn a blind eye even as they play very sophisticated, risky games creating asset bubbles that will greatly enrich them at your expense. Then, when stuff blows up, they'll already have pocketed billions and YOU will also have to bail them out. And you'll defend them even as you're handing over your life savings to cover the societal losses they created in the process of their own short-term gain (like you effectively soon will be as this disaster continues to unravel). You're just too far gone down the traditional right / left line of argument to realize that even under the fully accepted premise of a capitalistic society the Wall Street of today is very, very different from the Wall Street that originally made this country great.
And therein lies the real problem; GOVERNMENT should not be bailing them out; government should not be subsidizing, regulating, or abetting the criminals in any way shape or form! Government, like an enabling parent of an adult addict child, is as much to blame as Wall Street. Shrink government back down to the size the Constitution intended it to be and Wall Street will gradually and safely start crumbling and Main Street will once again start thriving.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:17 AM

7,554 posts, read 4,036,151 times
Okay, hold the tamales. Has any one applied for the job? I want the $650.00 a week one. Pays better than Americorps!

PS: http://www.workingfamiliesparty.org/jobs/
hit the apply today button and what happens?...

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 10-10-2011 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: ps

Old 10-10-2011, 01:21 AM

21,441 posts, read 10,691,857 times
Those idiots marching on Wall Street have absolutely no clue as to what they are protesting about. Go and ask various different people what they are protesting about and you will get a different answer each time. I saw a report where one guy was waving a jobs needed sign. He was asked if had a job. He said he quit his job to join the protest.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:26 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,091,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It's true, it's how we furnished our barracks rooms.
It's not true. Once or twice a year, there's a pickup of old furniture (big items). It was never more frequent than that.
I've lived throughout Germany on and off for over 30 years.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,792,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
I don't care if it is for real or not. If it is none of them will take the job anyway. It still isn't enough money for their whiny little you owe me living *****.
Exactly. The photos of the protests show mostly white college kids who have never worked a day in their lives and certainly wouldn't work a job they believe is beneath them.

There's a thread on how these groups are trying to recruit minorities to these protests - yet the photos on the job fairs show many blacks in them actually looking for a job.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:43 AM

8,219 posts, read 11,267,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
An ad on Craigslist, theres a credible source.
You people kill me.
Exactly!
Not to mention, jut because this group may be offering compensation does not disregard the whole beginnings of this protest.

If the repubs would put as much effort into acually doing something as sitting behind a keyboard and playing internet politicians they might make a difference.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:45 AM

8,219 posts, read 11,267,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Those idiots marching on Wall Street have absolutely no clue as to what they are protesting about. Go and ask various different people what they are protesting about and you will get a different answer each time. I saw a report where one guy was waving a jobs needed sign. He was asked if had a job. He said he quit his job to join the protest.

That is part of the beauty of the whole thing..different people are there for different reasons.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:53 AM

19,891 posts, read 15,781,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
That is part of the beauty of the whole thing..different people are there for different reasons.
Yup, like sex and drugs! Lol.

"Among the banners and flags are now discarded packets of condoms, cigarettes and bottles of spirits, while naked youngsters happily get together with just sleeping bags covering their modesty.
A box of free condoms is kept in the main area where protesters are camping.
In one shocking picture, a man can be seen defecating on a police car."

Read more: Occupy Wall Street: It's not just politics... Sex, drugs and love brigade hijack Wall Street protest | Mail Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies