Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 01:38 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
LMAO! You're right. It was all over FoxNews.

The only place to get the real news...............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 01:41 PM

In answer to the op, Holder's credibility was never in question. He has always been a dishonest crook.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:41 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,849,529 times
Holder has a credibility problem?

Old 10-11-2011, 07:09 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,190,159 times
Does it compute?

If you were a drug lord purportedly making millions a week from smuggling drugs into the US would you take a 1.5 million contract to assassinate a Saudi diplomat?

You would not think the Saudis would get you or the US would?

Would you do it for 100,000 down rest to follow on completion?

Nah...does not compute.

Feds need a much better story than they have.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:44 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
I had the same concerns and Judge Napalotino just alluded to the same thing regarding the timing of it coinciding with Holder's Fast and Furious problems. Napolotino also said its being handled as a criminal case; not act of war.

I find the connection to the Mexican Cartel significant and I hope it doesn't get swept under the table and instead sounds the alarm to tighten our borders.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on them to secure
the border, or, make any other significant changes.

It's my opinion that it's all a smoke screen to cover
Holder's retreat. He's been (Holder) a slime ball as
far back as the Waco cover up. Chicago politics, played by Obama & Holder.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:51 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I think this is to divert attention from the Fast and Furious meltdown. Is there a thread on Fast & "Furious ? The letter from Issa is a real eye opener and I think, shows Holder as a consumate liar...... As it says in the last lines of the letter, "whether you realize it or not, you own Fast & Furious". woohoo.
Yes, and an administration that would lie about one thing will lie about another.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Holder has a credibility problem?
You don't get around much, do you?

Old 10-12-2011, 09:36 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
It would appear that Holder's credibility before Congress is being questioned now going back to cases during the Clinton administration.

Holder's honesty before Congress disputed in earlier high-profile cases - Washington Times

Old 10-23-2011, 02:39 PM

23,534 posts, read 17,211,948 times
Default Sen Menendez from NJ; "Holder will need to win back the public's confidence in the Justice Department."

Just for the record, Nj endorses Eric Holder through its re-election of Senator Menendez sponsored by the trial lawyers association.

"Thank for you contacting me to express your view on the nomination of Eric Holder for Attorney General in the new Administration. Your opinion is very important to me, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this vital issue.

It is encouraging to see such a gifted, experienced, and committed leader nominated to become the first African American Attorney General of the United States. I am particularly pleased to see a fellow civil rights advocate nominated to lead the Justice Department. Part of Mr. Holder's responsibilities in DOJ will be to restore the agency's focus on protecting our civil rights.

If confirmed as the next chief U.S. law enforcement officer, Holder will need to win back the public's confidence in the Justice Department. The agency has been tainted by the political agenda of the Bush Administration. U.S. Attorneys were fired if they did not make the political grade and civil rights violations were pursued half-heartedly. This must change in the Obama Administration. I expect the new Attorney General to correct these past problems and steer the agency back to a place of independence.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I appreciate your support. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of more assistance. I invite you to visit my website (http://menendez.senate.gov) to learn of other important issues to New Jersey."

Old 10-23-2011, 04:26 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
It would seem that Menendez completely ignores everything AG-Holder has done to undermine the DOJ's credibility since he took office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies