U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2011, 08:28 PM

2,887 posts, read 4,818,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You 'blamed'(credited) Bush for the same thing though...Bush was not good with secrets. He would have told everyone right away.
This statement proves your lack of creditability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 08:38 PM

6,237 posts, read 8,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Republicans have been wanting to take out Iran since 1981. To see the credit go to a Democrat would be bitter irony. They're already ticked that Obama finished the job that Reagan started with Libya in 1986. Unlike Iraq, Libya has sponsored terrorists that deliberately targeted and killed Americans - How quickly (or deliberately) have you forgotten Lockerbie. If a Republican had taken these actions in Libya, I wonder how many conservatives would be wringing their hands over an 'illegal war'.
Absolutely. It's amazing how isolationist they all became once a Democrat got in the White House. If a Republican were in there, they'd be ready to try for treason anyone who disagreed with them.

Republicans = Hypocrites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
There is nothing obama has ever done that deserves credit. The sooner he is gone, the sooner the nation can heal.............
Spoken from someone with ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome)

Old 10-11-2011, 08:45 PM

8,566 posts, read 9,668,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob
Of any Prez of late, Obama is the one I would count on if any type of Military involvement is required. It is very valuable to have a Commander in Chief with level headed thinking ability.
We haven't had one of those since January 1961. And there is none on the way.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:00 PM

229 posts, read 170,477 times
I think he and his cronies are trying to sway the general publics view in that direction, but were not close to declaring war. Iran does control a lot of oil and prices have been going up these last few days... Makes sense they start talking war with Iran.

As for the terror plot... Im calling B.S. After the whole fake Lybia Rebel "victory" fiasco I dont trust what our government says when it comes to war or terrorism.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:00 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,355,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So we put you into the "escalate" war in the middle east to nuclear category? Do you continue to support Obama's illegal (undeclared by Congress) war in Libya?
Where was your outrage when Dubya invaded Iraq under false pretenses? Tell me, how is the search for "weapons of mass destruction" going? I'm an Army veteran who believes that the war in Afghanistan was justified by the 9/11 attacks, however the Iraq war was an obvious con job, but that fact didn't keep legions of dupes from cheerleading it all the way so why have they retired their pom poms for Libya?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:02 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,227,253 times
Default lifelongMogal

It appears that the topic of this thread has changed drastically since I got away from it. I came back to tell you that I heard some talk on Fox that made me believe you were right back there at the beginning about the timing of that story today. It appears to be very likely that they were trying to cover up the Fast and Furious story, Holder did run as soon as a question that could have led to some questions about it was brought up. Yes they have had this guy for some time but haven't got the other one. If the pres knew about it in June I wonder why they waited so long. Holder is playing games and is working himself deeper in his hole every day. I wonder what he will do with the subpoena from the House.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:08 PM

10,902 posts, read 23,184,615 times
why does Saudi Arabia not just blow the crap out of Iran? that way the U.S./NATO and U.N. can stay out and it won't cost us a dime....Then we would not have to worry about Iran building nukes no more we should let saudi Arabia take care of it for us..

It's a win-win situation for the U.S and NATO allies...tlet the ME blow that crap out of each other while we here back in the North America and the EU focus on fixing our Economic problems.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:16 PM

17,028 posts, read 9,557,055 times
Quote:
Did AG Holder announce Obama's next war in the press conference about the latest announced terror plot on US soil? Will Obama choose war in Iran?

Was the alleged terror plot an "act of war"? Have the stakes just been raised?

I wondered the same thing as I heard the first report on the radio today.

You know the White House goes off at the drop of a hat nowadays taking military action whether warranted or not.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:19 PM

1,123 posts, read 643,872 times
Quote:
Did AG Holder announce Obama's next war in the press conference about the latest announced terror plot on US soil? Will Obama choose war in Iran?

Was the alleged terror plot an "act of war"? Have the stakes just been raised?
We cannot crush iran soon enough...

Old 10-11-2011, 10:21 PM

17,028 posts, read 9,557,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Agree about anything. With Libya, the "conservatives" spoke too soon critisizing Obama for not taking action, and when Obama took action, they had to flip flop their position and oppose the action. It made them look like a bunck of fools.

I think the conservatives did not want us fighting an undeclared war against Libya.
That's exactly what we are doing.

"Protecting citizens" does not include striking military targets in concert with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies