U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2011, 10:23 AM

19,216 posts, read 13,003,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I know the government is totally justified in preventing a murder if it can and I am pleased they did. I would hope they would do the same if it was a Saudi plot to kill the Iranian ambassador. I was being sarcastic about the ancient Sunni/Shia disagreement.

I do agree with the cell phone and drivers suggestion. Just consider it to be a radical form of pest control.
There is a Government plot to kill Gaddafi.

This has been confirmed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 10:26 AM

41,492 posts, read 51,426,259 times
The police are not charged with preventing crime but only with prosecuting it. In this case the crime was conspiracy to commit murder. Just conspiring to murder is a crime in itself so the government action was justified.

In most cases the police do not know about the crime in advance so all they can do is investigate and catch the perpetrator.

I consider our involvment in the assault on Lybia and Gadaffi to be criminal. He did not threaten or commit any violence against us or, as a matter of fact, the European Union. We have no reason to help NATO in its unjustifiable assault on Lybia.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:30 AM

29,988 posts, read 37,248,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
so an Iranian wanted to kill a Saudi and we stopped it. Why? It sounds like a family matter to me.
Because it was planned to be boldly executed on US soil.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:40 AM

1,231 posts, read 893,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
1) Holder needed a distraction from the gun running thing- similar tactic to 9/11 happening the day after huge money was discovered missing- which Rumsfeld announced on 9/10 and was completely forgotten in the aftermath of 9/11- as well the coinkydink of the accounting area of the Pentagon being bombed out.

Holder needed something "heroic looking" to at least take some sting out of the gun running debacle, and something that would reflect well on the O admin as well.

2) Mexican cartel connection?? Hinky- why was this added into the "story"?? Further study will reveal the underlying reason, perhaps.

3) Fear. Let's keep them scared while we institute further restrictions on freedom.

4) American citizen alleged as terrorist- more fear- see above.

5)Escalating the idea of Iran as as bogeyman. Laying foundation for continuing the "war on terrorism" far into the foreseeable future.

The same old, same old Problem-Reaction-Solution B.S. that many of us can see through quite easily at this point.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:47 AM

25,235 posts, read 14,067,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
I have not read the replies, but somehow I am sure the right will turn it into an attack on the President. They are happy to whine that the President is responsible for everything every government agency does, ATF, but the second one of the agencies does something good they will say he has nothing to do with it. Hypocracy at its best. Now let me go read the posts and see how correct my wild guess is.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:01 AM

9,897 posts, read 6,856,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
i think it's just propaganda.. just like we went to war with afghanistan.
Any talk of curtailing military spending/occupation -
should we expect anything less.

All our government has to do these days is mention the buzz words -
attack, American soil, terrorist, and a country's name attached and that's a
"go" for war. Sad really.

Of course using our own military to protect our own country and
it's borders at home is such a foreign idea .....

Old 10-12-2011, 11:20 AM

29,988 posts, read 37,248,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
1) Holder needed a distraction from the gun running thing- similar tactic to 9/11 happening the day after huge money was discovered missing- which Rumsfeld announced on 9/10 and was completely forgotten in the aftermath of 9/11- as well the coinkydink of the accounting area of the Pentagon being bombed out.

Holder needed something "heroic looking" to at least take some sting out of the gun running debacle, and something that would reflect well on the O admin as well.

2) Mexican cartel connection?? Hinky- why was this added into the "story"?? Further study will reveal the underlying reason, perhaps.

3) Fear. Let's keep them scared while we institute further restrictions on freedom.

4) American citizen alleged as terrorist- more fear- see above.

5)Escalating the idea of Iran as as bogeyman. Laying foundation for continuing the "war on terrorism" far into the foreseeable future.

The same old, same old Problem-Reaction-Solution B.S. that many of us can see through quite easily at this point.
http://michellemalkin.com/2011/10/11...ious-explodes/

Old 10-12-2011, 11:35 AM

1,123 posts, read 644,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Sorry, I'm not buying this assassination story. What could Iran possibly hope to gain by such a provocative act? It smacks of manufactured justification to go after Iran. I still wonder why we went after Libya but not Syria. Oil perhaps? Perish the thought. Even the normally brain-dead main stream media has cocked an eyebrow at this one.
And you think this is the first time they've tried? How many attacks has this cancerous filth perpetrated in south america and europe?

These animals have already been caught before:

CNN.com - U.S. expels 2 Iranian guards*at United Nations - Jun 29, 2004

"U.S. expels 2 Iranian guards at United Nations
Pair accused of taking 'sensitive' photos of New York landmarks"

Old 10-12-2011, 11:40 AM

1,123 posts, read 644,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
And killing the Saudi Ambassador to the US would accomplish exactly what for Iran?
A blow against its local arch-rival SA, its major rival the US, and would put the West on notice that even in the US iran's long arm can reach those it deems "enemies."

It is a message, a warning that should the US and its allies press too hard on iran's nuclear weapons program, there will be a price - and if they attack iran, iran can reach the US even across the globe.

Since iran knows in a straight-up war with the US it would last 5 minutes, this is a message to the US that if it attacks iran, it should not feel it is safe even this far away.

It is also a warning against SA to not allow israel its airspace for an attack against iran.

There is alot iran is saying in this planned attack. I just wish we had a real president who would wipe them off the map.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:44 AM

5,426 posts, read 5,733,662 times
We are a nation of perpetual war.

We're not even done with the ones we have and we're already setting the plate for the next.

Everyone's a Cheney-ite these days. Time to use our military to spread democracy again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies