U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-12-2011, 06:30 PM
 
18,335 posts, read 10,411,152 times
Reputation: 13399

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
The Iranians need to be spanked.

What a joke! You didn't do it when they held 52 of your citizens hostage so you ain't likely to do it now. You'll **** on your ally Israel but still rely on it to reign these a******s in.

Some excuse will be found to "allow" Israel to, once again, accomplish something in 6 days it's taken you 10 years to fail at over there with Iraq and Afghanistan.

Had you simply shown more allegiance to Israel out of the gate you wouldn't be having this problem today with the likes of Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Yemen and yes, even Somalia would very likely be a different story now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-12-2011, 06:32 PM
 
29,988 posts, read 37,264,999 times
Reputation: 12767
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Since this is America you are free to say and think whatever you want no matter how ludicrous...
Are you refering to the OP or to Eric Holder?

Seriously, after the numbers of times Americans have been duped into war since Truman was in office, I think skepticism is prudent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,341,205 times
Reputation: 3123
Yes, it is sad, and unfounded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 06:34 PM
 
23,851 posts, read 19,881,351 times
Reputation: 9383
What troubles me is that the plot allegedly was to be carried out by passing through Mexico using Mexicans. How many other terrorist plots are coming up through the southern border?

I guess we'll find out, won't we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 06:37 PM
 
760 posts, read 591,194 times
Reputation: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What troubles me is that the plot allegedly was to be carried out by passing through Mexico using Mexicans. How many other terrorist plots are coming up through the southern border?

I guess we'll find out, won't we?
Sounds like a good enough reason to convince the masses we need our troops at the borders and not in Iraq/Afghanistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 06:44 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,751 posts, read 3,101,646 times
Reputation: 1617
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
What a joke! You didn't do it when they held 52 of your citizens hostage so you ain't likely to do it now. You'll **** on your ally Israel but still rely on it to reign these a******s in.

Some excuse will be found to "allow" Israel to, once again, accomplish something in 6 days it's taken you 10 years to fail at over there with Iraq and Afghanistan.

Had you simply shown more allegiance to Israel out of the gate you wouldn't be having this problem today with the likes of Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Yemen and yes, even Somalia would very likely be a different story now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Well of course your perfectly happy to send other people to Iran to die for your neo-conservative addiction to war.
Again, the Iranians need to be spanked, not a full-blown monster slam, just a little love-slap to let them know not to mess around on our soil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 06:44 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR
8,803 posts, read 7,592,989 times
Reputation: 4501
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yes, it is sad, and unfounded.
How about those weapons of mass destruction!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 06:46 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR
8,803 posts, read 7,592,989 times
Reputation: 4501
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Again, the Iranians need to be spanked, not a full-blown monster slam, just a little love-slap to let them know not to mess around on our soil.
But we mess around with them on their soil first. We overthrew their democratically elected legislature and prime minister in 1953. Are you saying that behavior is OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 06:48 PM
 
Location: Texas State Fair
8,566 posts, read 9,680,849 times
Reputation: 4228
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC
What troubles me is that the plot allegedly was to be carried out by passing through Mexico using Mexicans. How many other terrorist plots are coming up through the southern border?

I guess we'll find out, won't we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
Sounds like a good enough reason to convince the masses we need our troops at the borders and not in Iraq/Afghanistan.
I've been asking for years...

Can you tell the difference between an Arab and Mexican? On the border? At midnight? With night vision goggles? If he's running?

Any U.S. government that doesn't secure the border is inviting attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 06:48 PM
 
Location: Florida
63,187 posts, read 34,429,291 times
Reputation: 10517
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Mexican drug lords, Saudi princes, Iranians and all on American soil. This sounds like Obama's "weapons of mass destruction" to me.
Yes, it is too bad you choose to believe Iran as opposed the US, but the choise it yours of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:33 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top