Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2011, 09:17 AM

810 posts, read 837,007 times

Advertisements

About 75% of Iran is uninhabitable mountainous land. Ahmedenijad is only a figure head who the Ayatollah's leave to entertain a Western audience, and Iran had secret deals with both the US and Israel. The USSR was a bigger and more dangerous threat than Iran will ever be, yet what was the outcome? It turns out it's just another corrupt nation who are all talk. The reality is that those who are gungho about a war against Iran are "end of times" types who are salivating over a "holy war" of Christians/Israel against Muslims. Apparently Iraq and Afghanistan wasn't good enough, and those aren't even done yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 10:15 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Cool, then it should be easy for YOU to proved proof to backup your accusation.
So, how many identical propaganda threads we going to have on this same subject today?

So you dont think this Iran thing is very convenient??

Old 10-13-2011, 10:18 AM

913 posts, read 872,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I missed where you proved proof that the entire thing was made up?
Lybia, I see no ground troops there, must be an awfully small war haven't heard of any casualties ethier, hmmmmm
Drones killing terrorists, I like it, keeps our fine young men and women out of harms way and gets the job done
If Paul was President we would pull out of ALL countries and become Isolationists, exactly what got us into WWI. Not to menton that a whole lot of terrorists would still be alive and well andplaning more attacks on us, pull out will not stop them from doing their dirty deeds.

so you're antiwar if the gop starts it, but pro war if the dems invlove themselves? hypocritical?

isolationists got us into ww1? sorry i was under the impression that the isolationists didn't want to get involved hence the term isolationist. nevertheless, the term isolationist isn't not correct to describe paul, because trade would continue under. i also suggested 3 others on your side of the fence, why no mention of them?

Old 10-13-2011, 10:19 AM

1,123 posts, read 776,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
So you dont think this Iran thing is very convenient??
Not in the least, not to any honest adults - without an agenda/paid to be here not running interference for iran - who knows iran's history of massive terrorism would know this is nothing out of the ordinary for them.

They've killed thousands of americans since 1982, why would this be a surprise to anyone?

Old 10-13-2011, 10:23 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
In terms of "human activity is causing global warning" there really is consensus of that in the respected scientific community. Politicians try to tell people there isn't one, but there is.
Is your nickname, Twister?

Old 10-13-2011, 10:31 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Whew! You folks sure get yourselves wound up something fierce at each other!

Observations: This polarization of your two camps; Republicans and Democrats isn't healthy at all, looking at things with some varying shades of grey would serve you much better.

It is entirely possible conspiracy theorists AND proponents of Iran's complicity are BOTH correct to some degree.

Unilateral military intervention would be the most disastrous of occurrances at this particular time for the reasons that many countries are capable of looking at this from a viewpoint of "who's telling the truth" and more importantly; "whose truth is more dangerous to the planet?"

it's playing out well so far with Britain jumping on with a call for sanctions but that's not sufficient as the resto of the world now views Britain as a lap-dog of the U.S.; whether that opinion/perception is deserved is moot.

The smart thing to do is give it the time the issue needs to let various entities in other countries come to the conclusion through diplomatic channels that allowing Iran to continue with it's nuclear enrichment program to give it weapons grade material might not be in the best interests of it's neighbours.

Believe it or not, but retarded Pakistan may pull a rabbit out of the hat on this one.

Put all the facts out there and given past performance on behalf of Iran; it's my belief regardless of the detraction benefit from "Fast and Furious" and "Solyndra' the rest of the world will come to the conclusion: "having a pshycotic theologicly obsessed country with nuclear arms and the undeniable desire to use them in the immeditate neighbourhood is both an irrefutable fact and dangerous in the extreme".

Give it time to unfold folks before going to a "call to arms".

Old 10-13-2011, 10:37 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,071,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammbriggs View Post
no there is not! it's just another scare like terrorism, swine/bird flu, madcows, y2k, the financial crisis etc. the goal is to centralize power. i find it incredible that the left can see the fearmongering when it comes to terror, the right can see it when it comes to gw, but only a few enlightened ones see through all the bs!

when scientists can accurately predict the weather tomorrow, i might take what they're predicting 50 years ahead more seriously
Since I don't want to veer too far, please see my DM

Old 10-13-2011, 10:55 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:

Did they know about this Iranian thing in secret and release it to take attention away from the gun scandal??
Obviously they knew about it. The whole thing was found as a sting operation by FBI and DEA agents. It's unclear how much of the idea for the plot was designed by the agents themselves.

The FBI sting in the tail of the Saudi ambassador 'assassination plot'| Karen Greenberg | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Old 10-13-2011, 10:55 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammbriggs View Post
so you're antiwar if the gop starts it, but pro war if the dems invlove themselves? hypocritical?

isolationists got us into ww1? sorry i was under the impression that the isolationists didn't want to get involved hence the term isolationist. nevertheless, the term isolationist isn't not correct to describe paul, because trade would continue under. i also suggested 3 others on your side of the fence, why no mention of them?
Wrong again buckaroo, I was for the war in Afganistan and against the war in Iraq. Tyical of you to ASSUME I am a Democrat.
Don't get me wrong, I like Paul, but some of his ideas are already proven failures, it is why I metioned WWI.
Still waiting for that proof that it is all a sham, still looking for it?

Old 10-13-2011, 10:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Don't get me wrong....The DOJ did a great job in foiling this thing....

But the timing of this is so strange with Holder being in a Firestorm surrounding that Fast & Furious gun scandal.

Did they know about this Iranian thing in secret and release it to take attention away from the gun scandal??

Tail wagging the dog made??? I guess I'm jaded with this Chicago style administration......
ooooooo....it's a conspiracy....ooooooo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies