Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2011, 10:21 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,164,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
We cannot crush iran soon enough...
How many wars should we fight at 1 time? How many countries should we involve ourselves in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 10:42 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,544,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straka91 View Post
I think he and his cronies are trying to sway the general publics view in that direction, but were not close to declaring war. Iran does control a lot of oil and prices have been going up these last few days... Makes sense they start talking war with Iran.

As for the terror plot... Im calling B.S. After the whole fake Lybia Rebel "victory" fiasco I dont trust what our government says when it comes to war or terrorism.
You're a bit late, but welcome to the club: those of us that came to the same conclusion during the previous administration.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:43 PM

769 posts, read 1,010,993 times
They did not say iran was behind it and even if they were it would not be worth it

Old 10-11-2011, 10:54 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,029,904 times
If Pakistan and Al Qaeda had posted messages saying "you didn't kill Bin Laden, you faked it" then your statement would make sense. Instead they acknowledge, yes, OBL died on May 1/2 (due to time zones), 2011.

So the burden of proof falls on the guy making the unusual claims.

On a separate matter, the legality of OBL's killing is a real source of discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
The burden of proof should be on the perp, especially when it is the Government.

I think that's why courts were invented.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:57 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,822,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
They did not say iran was behind it and even if they were it would not be worth it
Yes, it has been indicated strongly the involvement of Iran.

Iranians charged in U.S. over assassination plot | Reuters

Quote:
U.S. authorities said they had broken up a plot by two men linked to Iran's security agencies to assassinate Saudi Ambassador Adel al-Jubeir. One was arrested last month while the other was believed to be in Iran.
Quote:
Revelation of the alleged plot, and the apparent direct ties to the Tehran government, had the potential to further inflame tensions in the Middle East, and the United States said Tehran must be held top account.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:05 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,822,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Al Qaeda says he's dead too.
The burden of proof should go on the conspiracy theorist, always. It would be in City-Data's best interest to restrict discussion of and suppress advocacy of conspiracy theories.
Eric Holder, is that you?

Limit the 1st amendment and keep people from discussing that which is not fed by the Lame Stream Media?

Old 10-11-2011, 11:13 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,055,025 times
It certainly diverts attention from Holder, eh?

It seems every time someone in this administration gets caught with their pants down, we get a new war.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:13 AM

Remember that there is a distinction between:
* State terrorism and non-state (such as Al Qaeda) terrorism
* And also between terrorism targeting individuals (assassinating particular people) and terrorism targeting entire groups of people (like 9/11)

The older terrorist-style attacks were targeted assassinations (like the Archduke Ferdinand of Austria) - Targeting groups of people is something new and sinister that came up in the late 20th century.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Maybe you should start your own thread on that topic?
No need - My statements were in response to conspiracy theory posts in this topic. My statement is "stop it with the conspiracy posts" - but I guess some people don't understand the constitution well enough so they cry "First Amendment!"

Old 10-12-2011, 12:31 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,510,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Not this time. I'm moving ferociously to have Oliver North prosecute Holder and Obama. Wouldn't that be the epic pot-kettle affair.
And when I saw Hillary weighing in on this, I was reminded of her tall tale of dodging bullets. She had the same kind of look when she was rattling on about this cartel-Iran story as she had when making up ducking bullets in Bosnia.

WaPo Awards 'Four Pinocchios' to Hillary on Sniper-Fire Fable | NewsBusters.org

"Four Pinocchios! Hillary Clinton has talked of coming under sniper fire during a 1996 trip to Bosnia. Our Fact Checker shoots that tale down."

Old 10-12-2011, 12:47 AM

She did exaggerate about Bosnia: Hillary Clinton's Bosnia sniper story exposed - Telegraph

About this particular incident, the jury's still out on whether this is true or not, so it's okay to post stuff doubting the US federal government's version of the events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And when I saw Hillary weighing in on this, I was reminded of her tall tale of dodging bullets. She had the same kind of look when she was rattling on about this cartel-Iran story as she had when making up ducking bullets in Bosnia.

WaPo Awards 'Four Pinocchios' to Hillary on Sniper-Fire Fable | NewsBusters.org

"Four Pinocchios! Hillary Clinton has talked of coming under sniper fire during a 1996 trip to Bosnia. Our Fact Checker shoots that tale down."

Last edited by Vicman; 10-12-2011 at 01:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies