U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2011, 04:20 PM

12,439 posts, read 10,307,277 times

Advertisements

I hate to see any type of crime committed but Cain will be getting a huge beat down (figuratively speaking) if he wins the nomination and has to go against Obama in the General Election. He will not have a chance. Raise taxes on average americans by 9%. Oh yeah that will get you elected.

Who in their right minds would want their taxes raised by 9% at any time, much less during bad economic times.

I can't believe he is doing so well in the primaries. If Paul does not win, then I have one thing to say. Go Cain and take the rest of the Republican party with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 04:22 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,988 posts, read 41,959,650 times
This thread title is misleading.

What does Herman Cain's tax plan have to do with black on black crime?!

Old 10-11-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
This thread title is misleading.

What does Herman Cain's tax plan have to do with black on black crime?!
Two candidates, both of whom are black. It will be a crime (figuratively speaking) at how bad Cain would lose to Obama, if for no other reason than his tax plan.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:45 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,894,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Two candidates, both of whom are black. It will be a crime (figuratively speaking) at how bad Cain would lose to Obama, if for no other reason than his tax plan.

You have a crystal ball, people sorry are tired of Obama, in every way possible. One has more business sense, and that sure the hell can't hurt us in any way.
What does race have to do with anything, should be about the best candidate for the job of running this Country, not race. And if you want to make this about Race Obama's race is not cutting it. Not his white half or his black half.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:47 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,271,624 times
tax changes almost always happen incrementally so even if Cain won he would be unlikely to get his '9-9-9' plan through Congress. I think most voters are smart enough to realize that. There are plenty of other reasons to consider voting for Cain whether you like the plan or not. Obama plans to raise $1 billion for his campaign and the big donors, at least, are going to want payback. Putting the kibosh on that would be alone reason enough for me to vote for McCain over Obama.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:50 PM

27,553 posts, read 17,637,711 times
Quote:
I hate to see any type of crime committed but Cain will be getting a huge beat down (figuratively speaking) if he wins the nomination and has to go against Obama in the General Election. He will not have a chance. Raise taxes on average americans by 9%. Oh yeah that will get you elected.

Who in their right minds would want their taxes raised by 9% at any time, much less during bad economic times.

I can't believe he is doing so well in the primaries. If Paul does not win, then I have one thing to say. Go Cain and take the rest of the Republican party with you.
You really need to research some facts and not rehash disproven Dem talking points. 999 eliminates all payroll taxes (paid by the working poor, as the leftist playbook always quotes) and replaces them, and all federal income taxes, with a 9% income tax. The current payroll tax is 13.3%, set to rise back to 15.3% when the stimulus based cut expires. 9%<15.3%.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:55 PM

9,857 posts, read 7,026,834 times
Quote:

It gets rid of other taxes and replaces it with the 999. It isn't a raise, it is an instead of tax.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You really need to research some facts and not rehash disproven Dem talking points. 999 eliminates all payroll taxes (paid by the working poor, as the leftist playbook always quotes) and replaces them, and all federal income taxes, with a 9% income tax. The current payroll tax is 13.3%, set to rise back to 15.3% when the stimulus based cut expires. 9%<15.3%.
I think you left out the 9% sales tax already added on the local and state sales taxes. Currently 52 percent do not pay any taxes so they would have an 18% tax increase. Yeah, let me have some of that. They are going to jump on him tonight about that.

GOP debate to put a focus on Herman Cain and ‘999′ plan | Political Insider

Old 10-11-2011, 05:04 PM

2,633 posts, read 3,063,166 times
Whenever I hear of the 999 Plan, I think of Domino's 555 offer and get hungry. Thanks to Cain I've gained 15 lbs in the last three months. He needs to lose only because I'm not sure if voluntary obesity is covered by Obamacare.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
It gets rid of other taxes and replaces it with the 999. It isn't a raise, it is an instead of tax.
Does it. It does away with state and local sales taxes? Really, I think you may be a little mistaken on that one partner. Fed does not have that kind of power...not yet.

You would have to pay an additional 9% sales tax on everything that you purchase...in addition to the local and state taxes that you already pay. That is clearly a tax increase for the average american...and that is a DOA on arrival along with Cains presidency chances. You will hear more about it tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or