U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2011, 04:29 PM

26,297 posts, read 17,209,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Under our Constitution, a “Bill” requires the approval of a majority of both Houses of Congress and the President’s assent, or an override of the President’s veto. But under Article II, Section 2, Clause 2, a “Treaty” requires “the Advice and Consent of the Senate . . . provided two thirds of the Senators present concur.”

The Powers That Be know that these “trade agreements” couldn’t get the support of two-thirds of the Senate. In fact, they probably couldn’t get past a filibuster. So they just renamed them. They’re not treaties, they’re just “trade agreements.”

But they sure look like treaties, don’t they? They are agreements between our government and a foreign government. That’s a treaty.
If it looks like a duck, and it walks like a duck . . . and it quacks . . . it’s a duck.

But they don’t care. They can’t get the two-thirds that they need in the Senate, so they’ll just pretend that they don’t need it.
So here we are in this mad rush to serve Mammon, not only shoveling jobs overseas, but trampling on our Constitution while we do it.

~Alan Grayson

Dumbass Floridians didn't know a true Statesman when they saw one. Grayson is brash but always on the money. Where's the Tea Party representatives on this issue? Huh? Huh? Upholders of The Constitution my a$$!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 05:14 PM

66,173 posts, read 33,593,322 times
There's a big reason dumbass "You Die" Grayson, was tossed on his ass, screaming.
2010 was historical. The light turned on for many. That wasn't nothing. Wait till Nov. 2012 and the Conservatives take the Senate and the big gig.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:29 PM

5,090 posts, read 9,829,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Dumbass Floridians didn't know a true Statesman when they saw one. Grayson is brash but always on the money. Where's the Tea Party representatives on this issue? Huh? Huh? Upholders of The Constitution my a$$!
Let me fix that . . . . Upholders of The Corporations.

There. All better.

Go. Occupy.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:31 PM

9,857 posts, read 7,008,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The Conservatives long before the Tea Party and maybe those of the Tea Party believe in the two thirds majority for the treaty.
I think the difference is that with a trade agreement another group of politicians can come along and nullify it the same way it went in and I don't know if a treaty can do that as easily. That may or may not make a difference. Anyone with knowledge about that that could address that issue would be appreciated.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:32 PM

9,857 posts, read 7,008,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Let me fix that . . . . Upholders of The Corporations.

There. All better.

Go. Occupy.
Instead of Corportations just say investors, owners or employers.

Maybe we limit the size and scope of government control in the USA and some of that may go away.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:34 PM

5,090 posts, read 9,829,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Instead of Corportations just say investors, owners or employers.

Maybe we limit the size and scope of government control in the USA and some of that may go away.
It is not a problem with investors, owners, nor employers.

It is the Transnational Corporations. They owe no loyalty to US.

AND

They already own the .gov.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or