Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 06:37 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
So you're saying people living on a poverty level income should pay the same percentage was millionaires?

You expect burger flippers to pay their own health insurance etc and you want to tax them. How they gonna do both on minimum wage?

Read that blog. Some people are working 2 jobs to get by. You gotta do, what you gotta do.

I know "doing" is hard for people, so I understand.

Basically here is the ultimate BS:
The wealthy get to pay little tax because, well, they pay politicians to make loopholes for them.
The middle class picks up the slack.
The poor are just victims they can't possibly pay any tax.
So the middle class picks up the slack.

Enough is enough. Increase how much the wealthy pay, and make the low income pay and give the people who work for a living a break!!

If you are only making minimum wage and struggling because taxes came out of your already low pay, this should be an incentive on working hard to get promoted within the company, or find what you are good at and make better money.

My partner and I don't make much more than min wage each, and yet..we pay federal taxes, our rent, a car payment, our bills, and food and STILL save money (and we live in tax and fee happy NJ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 06:53 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,026 times
This is complete BS. It is a lame attempt to divide the working people perpetrated by the 1%.
I have not seen the wealthy bastards flood the internet with so much propaganda since 2008.
They must really be sweating.
The system of wage slavery is being rejected. Working people are tired of living on the edge and watching the fruit of their labor go to fat assed suits.
When the lifestyle of unemployment, is the same as working, people will take the free money.
The 1% have screwed the pooch, and now they are going to pay the price.
Stay focused people; do not let the propaganda distract you from what is real. The working people deserve an economy where it is possible to get ahead. That has been robbed from them and only the willingness to fight will earn it back.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:58 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Try living on minimum wage and see how that works out for you.
This is the Land of Opportunity.

Try going out and making your own future instead of whining about what you don't have at the present.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:00 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Way back when(early to mid 1990's),we were young and we needed to make more money.
I went and did this weird thing,I was already working a full 40 hour work week in marine construction,but I went and got a job working from 6-10pm at nights in a restaurant,washing dishes.

This helped ease the money troubles all young couples seem to have.

I then started to get into the cooking side,paid attention helped out in the kitchen during service and became a sous Chef.Worked even harder and longer,to the point I dropped my daytime job and went full time in the Restaurant business,became the Head Chef there,and went on to work another fifteen or so years cooking at various restaurants.

Crazy huh,sacrificing and working two jobs....

Old 10-12-2011, 07:07 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,447,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
"Those of us who pay for those of you who whine about all of that... or that... or whatever. "

We Are The 53%
You can slice it and dice it any way you want ... if you're not in the top 1%, you're in the 99%, just like the rest of us.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
do not let the propaganda distract you from what is real. The working people deserve an economy where it is possible to get ahead. That has been robbed from them and only the willingness to fight will earn it back.
Did you NOT read what people where saying on the site?! It's about being responsible and taking care of YOURSELF and getting YOURSELF ahead. Why do you need other people to help you get ahead?

--
Another point I want to make in regards to min wage not paying tax...we bring home (after taxes, healthcare payroll deductions, etc) around $2600 a month combined.

If we made 7.25 an hour at 40 hours, and paid no taxes...that's $2320 (based on 4 weeks in a month)

Since they make a low wage, they will qualify for food stamps, section 8 housing, and medicaid. They will not pay federal taxes, yet they will reap in the benefits of social programs from other tax payers..

Meanwhile, the couple before them -- who earns more -- pays their rent, buys their food, and pays for their own health insurance with only making a measley $280 more a month.

So tell me, who REALLY is getting the unfair treatment here?

Old 10-12-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
You can slice it and dice it any way you want ... if you're not in the top 1%, you're in the 99%, just like the rest of us.
And then there is the 47% who don't pay ANY federal income tax.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

But it's "not fair".

IMO, there's 3 groups.
The 1% that's elite and control our money and pay MINIMAL tax
The 47% who pay NO federal taxes, but have no problem popping out kids for tax credits and social programs.
Then the 52% who picks up the slack for the other 58%

Old 10-12-2011, 07:20 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,447,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Myth.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:21 AM

Had in laws who were receiving 'tax returns'(on money they never paid in) in the order of $5000-$6000 a year....due to not making enough money and having chilluns.

Worked with a single mother who was getting about as much,due to low income and a child,of course she worked as a tipped employee so didn't claim all she made in tips...

Funny system we have here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies