U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 05:58 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,075,203 times

Advertisements

GREAT group and I hope they outshine the idiots in the 99%!!! I can totally agree with and be a part of this.

Being responsible for our debts and choices and working to make our way without expecting handouts, blaming others, and wanting to take from those with more are absolute foreign concepts to lefties. Pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 05:59 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,075,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Try living on minimum wage and see how that works out for you.

At least you have a wage! Go with it and try to make things better.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:04 AM

41,505 posts, read 51,122,415 times
The burger flipper pays property tax as part of their rent, pays sales taxes every time they buy something, pays road taxes if they even have a car and pays interest (private tax for using money) on the credit card. You clowns want them to pay federal income tax as well.

You are all using the standard childish whine of "if I have to so does he." I do not believe the burger flipper should pay any federal tax at all. The burden of operation the federal government should be on the top 10% that benefit most from government spending and protection. They own the country so let them pay for running it.

BTW – I am well into the 53% but not even close to the 90th percentile.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:15 AM

8,803 posts, read 7,540,313 times
Quote:
How much should a minimum wage burger flipper pay in taxes?
Their fair share. It's only fair.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:17 AM

229 posts, read 114,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The burger flipper pays property tax as part of their rent, pays sales taxes every time they buy something, pays road taxes if they even have a car and pays interest (private tax for using money) on the credit card. You clowns want them to pay federal income tax as well.

You are all using the standard childish whine of "if I have to so does he." I do not believe the burger flipper should pay any federal tax at all. The burden of operation the federal government should be on the top 10% that benefit most from government spending and protection. They own the country so let them pay for running it.

BTW – I am well into the 53% but not even close to the 90th percentile.

They are talking about federal taxes and you know it. But you just spew more garbage. How do you even get dressed in the morning?

Old 10-12-2011, 06:20 AM

229 posts, read 114,846 times
Quote:
Jesus said "To whom much is given, much shall be required."

What do you think?

Jesus has nothing to do with federal taaxes. I don't want Jesus to determine how much in taxes I should pay.

Charity is the best way to help people.

BTW I love the word "givin" the rich businessman isn't givin anything. They came up with a product that people decided to purchase. I can not think of anything more free than that.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:21 AM

3,829 posts, read 2,774,268 times
I am part of the 53% that has to pay higher taxes to educate someone else's kids while they get a deduction for those same kids.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:22 AM

18,621 posts, read 12,057,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Laughable, simple-minded BS.

Here's the facts: Yes, 47% of Households Owe No Taxes. Look Closer. - NYTimes.com

Right. They pay only "payroll taxes" which are for medicare and social security. Ironically, for them, they get all of that they "paid in" back and more.

For the rest of us, who actually pay income taxes, we will get nothing back from paying into social security and medicare, therefore the "payroll tax" for us is just another income tax from which we derive no benefit.

Any way you spin it, 47% of the population pays no income tax at all- just the payroll tax. We pay the income taxes and payroll tax and will get no benefit from that payroll tax, which will all go to the "47%". It is injury upon insult, yet they want more.

Give a beggar a dollar and he will want five. That is the "47%".

Old 10-12-2011, 06:24 AM

6,486 posts, read 5,657,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunegames View Post
Lies. Everyone pays taxes. Practically everything has a tax, 47% don't pay federal income tax because their incomes are so slow, but they pay taxes.

We are the 53 Percent Vs the 99 Percent
And we are the 53% that do pay income tax while the rest get tax "refunds" on money they don't pay.

Quote:

What do you think?
Just curious. Do you have a clue what that verse is saying in context?

Old 10-12-2011, 06:30 AM

18,621 posts, read 12,057,646 times
Quote:

What do you think?

Another atheist trying to "teach" the Bible. I guess you actually need to read and study the Bible to know what you are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies