U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2011, 11:28 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,377,799 times

Advertisements

Well... I agree with paying for what you get... I'm one that co-signed loans for my daughter's education since I had my daughter at 37, putting away enough for her education was impossible. She did work two part time jobs but she is a physics/ environmental engineer student and tuition costs have been staggering... she is already working summers in her field and will have the ability to pay her loans back but would never expect anyone/ even the govenment to pay these back...

I certainly pay a good chunk of my pay for taxes and being a single mom right now and no I don't qualify for any government funds since I chose to work hard/ over time to pay my own way.. too much government and hand outs do help create lazyness but only in the group who always want something for nothing... I do volunteer work though and there are quite a few that are trying and struggling that want to help themselves... so difficult to put a finger on what is broke... in the dream world people would get up and work hard together for a solution instead of finger pointing... but that is our right as american citizens to speak our minds... great to read others opinions though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 11:34 AM

3,083 posts, read 3,426,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
"We are ok with scrapping by to live mediocre lifestyles"
"We are ok with obeying our corporate masters"
"We are ok with feeling like we accomplished something in our life by just getting by"
"We will obey our masters, they know what's best for us"

We are the 53%
Right, better to destroy all the evil corporations and consolidate everything under the benevolent government. After all, history has shown governments never abuse their powers.

Get real.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:36 AM

6,074 posts, read 5,331,639 times
Quote:
"We are ok with scrapping by to live mediocre lifestyles"
"We are ok with obeying our corporate masters"
"We are ok with feeling like we accomplished something in our life by just getting by"
"We will obey our masters, they know what's best for us"

We are the 53%
Let me fix that for you:

We are OK with taking control of our own destiny.
We are OK with being able to choose between employment and self-employment, and the freedom to choose our employers if we go that route.
We are OK with feeling like we accomplished something in our life by paying our bills, helping others, raising our children with a sense of responsibility, working and playing in worthy ways.
We are our own masters; we know what is best for us.

We are the 53%.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:37 AM

679 posts, read 569,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Right, better to destroy all the evil corporations and consolidate everything under the benevolent government. After all, history has shown governments never abuse their powers.

Get real.
Never said that but hey city-data is a big fun projecting lovefest so lets continue it you corporate loving hog!

Old 10-15-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Let me fix that for you:

We are OK with taking control of our own destiny.
We are OK with being able to choose between employment and self-employment, and the freedom to choose our employers if we go that route.
We are OK with feeling like we accomplished something in our life by paying our bills, helping others, raising our children with a sense of responsibility, working and playing in worthy ways.
We are our own masters; we know what is best for us.
Sorry Microsoft, koch and bros and McDonalds will control your destiny.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Never said that but hey city-data is a big fun projecting lovefest so lets continue it you corporate loving hog!
Out of curiosity what name were you using prior to your last banning?

Old 10-15-2011, 11:40 AM

17,825 posts, read 20,217,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
Well... I agree with paying for what you get... I'm one that co-signed loans for my daughter's education since I had my daughter at 37, putting away enough for her education was impossible. She did work two part time jobs but she is a physics/ environmental engineer student and tuition costs have been staggering... she is already working summers in her field and will have the ability to pay her loans back but would never expect anyone/ even the govenment to pay these back...

I certainly pay a good chunk of my pay for taxes and being a single mom right now and no I don't qualify for any government funds since I chose to work hard/ over time to pay my own way.. too much government and hand outs do help create lazyness but only in the group who always want something for nothing... I do volunteer work though and there are quite a few that are trying and struggling that want to help themselves... so difficult to put a finger on what is broke... in the dream world people would get up and work hard together for a solution instead of finger pointing... but that is our right as american citizens to speak our minds... great to read others opinions though
My parents paid for my grammar school and high school education, the least I could do was pay for my college education. It also made me value my education more and be more frugal since it was a product of my labor. It sounds to me like both you and your daughter share the same work ethic that I was brought up to believe. You can achieve your goals, but it always requires a great deal of hard work.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Out of curiosity what name were you using prior to your last banning?
A heartless commie pig who is against freedom!

Old 10-15-2011, 11:41 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,881,373 times
You do know that probably about 90% of those protesters are also the 53% don't you?

And of those who aren't most of them used to be but aren't now only because they're unemployed at the moment

Old 10-15-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
A heartless commie pig who is against freedom!
A bit lengthy but it seems accurate enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies